Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing (recent) Hyatt Dual Accrual Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.

Anyone else not have Hyatt Dual Accrual (HDA) miles post for recent stays?

About 40 actual Hyatt stays in 2021 and 3 Hyatt stays this January 2022, HDA Advantage miles always posted properly (1 mile per $1 room rate), usually on the first Monday or Tuesday after checkout.

3 Hyatt stays last month (February 2022) and 1 last week (check out March 3) and thus far zero HDA miles.

I called Advantage Account Services a day or 2 ago, the agent didn’t know anything about it. She sent an email to the “hotel miles” department, said I should get an email in 7-10 days, I thought I’d never hear anything further. Amazingly enough she called me back a few hours later to get additional information AND (upon getting my voicemail) left a phone number at which to call her back which was answered by a live human being immediately, transferred to the same agent after a 5 minute hold. Haven’t heard anything further from AA.

(During both conversations she asked if I had checked with Hyatt to make sure they sent the miles. After saying yes both times, I called my My Hyatt Concierge. She said she was not aware of any problems but put me on hold for 3-4 minutes to ask another department. She came back on the line and said that yes, there was (or is) a problem, unsure for how long, unsure of expected fix. Today I noticed Bonus Points (2.4 x February Hyatt spend, 0.8 x February + March Hyatt spend) in my Hyatt account, called Globalist line, learned these Hyatt Bonus points were posted due to missing American miles, go figure.)
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We've found that these take a while to show up after the stay. Also, award stays don't show here, I was told (spend does, but not the stay credits). For us, it was maybe a week before they showed.

At one point in January these did seem to be an issue. Called AA and then it seemed to get fixes. Subsequent paid stays have posted as Base, and translated to LP.

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:00 am

Hmm...now that you mention it, the HDA used to show up one day after checkout. Looks like that broke after 3/1. My last HDA posted 2/28 when I checked out on 2/27.
I've had 3 stays since then all in March and no HDA activity.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yup, something is broken... no posts since March 1..
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I’ve pursued this problem with both Hyatt and AA. Haven’t heard anything further from AA. Have exchanged a few emails with Hyatt Consumer Affairs ([email protected]). Hyatt’s first email asked for clarification of missing AA miles or missing Hyatt points. I replied with appropriate clarification. Last email from Hyatt stated:
Thank you for the clarification, it actually helped me find what I believe is the issue.

I am showing that the link status expired January 31, 2022. This is a little odd because even I didn't know that the linked status expired, we are always learning. I recommend starting out by linking the account again, once that is done I can check to make sure the expiration date has updated and I can escalate a request to have the miles added manually (this may just take a little longer).

Please reply when you have completed linking the accounts again and I will get to work on the escalation.
Of course when I tried to link the accounts again, once via the Hyatt website and once via the AA website, both websites displayed similar messages without my entering the other program account number: “Your accounts are already linked” and “Your accounts are linked”.

It’s a mystery, very pleased that the Hyatt agent sends me an email every couple of days, indicative that someone is actually looking into it.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:56 am

Thanks for the update. I just tried to relink my accounts as well and it also says my accounts are already linked.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Having the same issue - no miles for any Hyatt stays in February or March. They had previously posted like clockwork the day after checkout. FAQ on the partnership site says to call Hyatt, not AA, if the AAdvantage miles don't post.

Hyatt phone agent escalated to a very apologetic supervisor, who opened a case. I received an email a few hours later letting me know they are investigating. They also posted bonus miles to my Hyatt account and then immediately transfered them to AA to make up for the shortfall. This was 8 days ago and they still haven't showed up in my AA account. I'm also pretty sure they will not count as LP, as this is a transfer, so I will have to make sure the original double dip miles post eventually. Glad I'm not the only one.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
in the same boat --- completed a 3 night-stay on 3/7 and no miles has posted in my AA account so far.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:10 am

I decided to go ahead and call the glob line and the guy was nice but not exactly confidence inspiring.

Even after I carefully explained the AA loyalty points issue he went away to research and told me he could see my nights and points having posted in my Hyatt account and was unsure of what I wanted.

After explaining again, he said I should call AA Bc this should be an automatic process. Yeah, I knew that.

So I told him that the fine print says to call Hyatt and lots of other people online are having the same issue since 3/1. He said he’d open a ticket. We shall see.

Anyway, I figured the more people let them know the more tickets will pile up and hopefully Hyatt problem management is more proactive than Marriott’s
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:19 am

I have received the expected posting (as base miles and as LP) for an early March Hyatt stay, without having to request anything.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:21 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
I have received the expected posting (as base miles and as LP) for an early March Hyatt stay, without having to request anything.
It's sad when "things working as expected" is the unexpected. But maybe a harbinger of things fixed.

Our most recent stay was an award stay, so only the spend posted, but not any stay points, of course.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Mar 15, 2022 at 7:53 am
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zip10001
in the same boat --- completed a 3 night-stay on 3/7 and no miles has posted in my AA account so far.
I see the points for the stay, but not the Hyatt bonus of 1000 pts.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I've had none post since AA launched the new scheme - I assumed that it was just another problem.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by zip10001
I see the points for the stay, but not the Hyatt bonus of 1000 pts.
Are you referring to this promo, which ended Jan 31?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Are you referring to this promo, which ended Jan 31?
I know that the promo says that it's "1000 bonus miles," but it seems that it's only 600 in bonus as each eligible stay is already supposed to get 500 miles according to AA.com

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ers/hotels.jsp

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.