Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing (recent) Hyatt Dual Accrual Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing (recent) Hyatt Dual Accrual Miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:28 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hyatt says that this is "all about Chase," but I agree that it seems reasonable that there was some sort of collusion here to make these take longer than usual even though Chase, theoretically, has no stake in these bookings.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by andromitocks
Got my Hyatt Dual Accrual miles posted today, though it was back dated to March 12. This was for a paid stay at Bellagio (MGM property) in Vegas (check out March 6). The Hyatt points showed up within a few days on Hyatt account, but took this long for AA.

Now if only my Excalibur workacation stay the week before would get posted to Hyatt!
I just got some credited and backdated as well. March 13th and 19th.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
I just got some credited and backdated as well. March 13th and 19th.
Me too. The HDA miles seem to be flowing again.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sty730
Here to chime in that the same is happening to me. 2 paid Hyatt stays (one in mid February, the other early March) and neither have posted to my AA account, despite the AA flights for the same trips showing up on my Hyatt account within a day or two after the respective trips.
Update 3/28 - Hyatt Double Accrual from February and March just posted (backdated); unfortunately, this means that the one from February misses out on Loyalty Points.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Update 3/28 - Hyatt Double Accrual from February and March just posted (backdated); unfortunately, this means that the one from February misses out on Loyalty Points.
It should not miss out as it happened during the "double dip" period. Our January and February stays contributed to LPs, as expected. if this doesn't get sorted in maybe a week, I'd call.

Cheers.
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Update 3/28 - Hyatt Double Accrual from February and March just posted (backdated)
Still waiting for a few stays to post from mid-March. Really annoying that they are taking so long to post, especially when they’re backdated so I don’t even get the full 12 months contribution towards upgrade priority.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by econ
Still waiting for a few stays to post from mid-March. Really annoying that they are taking so long to post, especially when they’re backdated so I don’t even get the full 12 months contribution towards upgrade priority.
My AA miles/ and LPs from March 20-23 and March 23-24 Hyatt stays posted last night.
econ likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Good to read that this problem has been resolved correctly for some people. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, still no joy for me.

My missing Hyatt Dual Accrual miles started on Feb 1st, middle of ski season and this year I changed my ski lodging, which often includes my most expensive stays, from Hilton to Hyatt. My estimate is ~ 6,000 missing Hyatt Dual Accrual miles, not an insignificant amount.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Alex_I
My AA miles/ and LPs from March 20-23 and March 23-24 Hyatt stays posted last night.
My mid March stay (check out on the 21st) finally just posted as well.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I’m (still) bummed. It’s now been a month since I initially noticed this problem and discussed it with both Hyatt and AA, 10 days since last contact with agents for both companies. Bupkis so far; past (missing) miles not posted, miles for 4 stays in the past month (since reporting the problem) not posted.

Last conversation with AA the rep did say something to the effect of “we’ll make sure you get your miles even if we have to credit customer service miles manually” so I’m not concerned about the number of miles, I could well end up with more miles than deserved. But I’m a partially-obsessive perfectionist*, in part based on a career in a profession with little room (and zero tolerance) for errors so I’d much like to see the process for posting these miles restored to proper function.

(* Uncertain if “partially-obsessive perfectionist” is redundant . Certain that few people, if any, would want a doctor (or fly with a pilot, my main hobby) who isn’t at least “partially-obsessive perfectionist.” )
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(* Uncertain if “partially-obsessive perfectionist” is redundant . Certain that few people, if any, would want a doctor (or fly with a pilot, my main hobby) who isn’t at least “partially-obsessive perfectionist.” )
I wouldn't say it's redundant, but idk if you can be partially obsessed and a perfectionist at the same time . However, I'm going along with the spirit of the message and you're dang right. I want my doctor to be a partially-obsessive perfectionist!

Sorry about the points though
njvandy and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Nearly all of my Hyatt stays (14 of 15) from 2022 have now posted to my AA account, backdated to seemingly random dates in February and March which bear very little resemblance to when the stays actually occured. I also got an email from WOH letting me know that they verified all these details with AA.

Being something of a partially obsessed perfectionist myself, I followed up about the one missing stay, which is a grand total of 161 miles/LPs. WOH asked me to contact AA, which is quite annoying, as WOH is much easier to deal with and was able to resolve this without involving AA so far. I haven't decided if it's worth the effort to write up an email to AA customer service over 161 LPs. Then again, I just took the time to write an FT post about it...
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Still bupkis since Feb 1 for me. Now 9 stays and over 5,000* missing miles. (All my recent AA flights have been award flights so I don’t know if Hyatt points would post for $$$ spent on AA.)

I’ve discussed by phone with AA Executive Liaison Team (team of about a dozen who always answer their phone in person within 3 rings) and by email with my MHC, each about every 10 days for the past 6 weeks. AA always says “we’ve contacted the team who does that, they’re working on it, should be fixed within 2 weeks”. Last time at least the rep said “if it doesn’t get fixed soon we’ll just credit customer service miles, we want to make sure you get what you should get.” MHC has asked me to (re)link the accounts a few times and often writes “Again American Airlines has told us these miles are posting your AA account they are just not showing in your World of Hyatt account.”

(*Thanks again to Hyatt for the outstanding Healthcare Friends and Family rate which explains 8 stays/20 nights only generating about 2500 $$$ and miles. 9th stay was an expensive ski resort Residence Club.)
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I noticed that my Hyatt accrual for AA flights just randomly stopped after October 2021. Anyone else seen this? Should I contact AA or Hyatt to fix this?
Old May 5, 2022, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I noticed that my Hyatt accrual for AA flights just randomly stopped after October 2021. Anyone else seen this? Should I contact AA or Hyatt to fix this?
Excellent questions, you’re not alone although October is earlier than others with the same problem. Wish I had the answers.

Update: For my last 3 Hyatt stays, check-out dates after April 6, the correct # of Hyatt Dual Accrual miles posted on the morning of the SECOND Tuesday after checkout (compared to the first Tuesday after checkout until this problem started). Still missing miles for 7 stays with checkout dates between February 1st and April 3rd.

More calls to the American Advantage Executive Liaison Team at HQ, 10 and 3 days ago. Now at least they’ve said (admitted, confessed) they’ve had a problem with it. 10 days ago they credited me with Customer Service Bonus miles. They’re still waiting for a listing from Hyatt (now fully 2 months after they supposedly requested it).

Additional emails with MHC. She’s emailed “I will ask my manager the best way to post this now that the bonuses are again being added to your account.” and (a week ago) “I have added the points to your World of Hyatt account necessary to create a points to miles transfer for the x,xxx missing AA miles.” The next day my Hyatt activity displayed “Bonus Points Bonus yy,yyy May z, 2022” and “Points to Miles Conversion -yy,yyy May z, 2022” with yy,yyy being exactly 2.5 x x,xxx. No corresponding activity on AA activity. (I’d just as soon keep the x,xxx Hyatt points, arguably more valuable than yy,yyy - 2.5 times as many - AA miles. )

I suspect that this is all related to changes associated with AA’s change to Loyalty Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.