Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Loyalty Point Rewards program, formerly Loyalty Choice - 2021 on (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please help the community by adding information to this Wiki about the current Loyalty Point Reward program
Print Wikipost

Loyalty Point Rewards program, formerly Loyalty Choice - 2021 on (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
So for my clarification:
Once I hit 125K and 30 segments, I can choose 20k points (+5k for AA credit card)

When I hit 200k, I get 2 new choices, IN ADDITION TO my already-earned choice granted at 125K?
I was about to ask this same question, and found the answer! Looks like with a bit of creative work, I will hit the 200k LPs for this "year". Doubt that will happen next year...
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I gather from the discussion so far there's some inconsistency in whether OW marketed and operated flights are correctly applied. Are there any recent DPs of B6 marketed and operated flights counting towards the 30 segment requirement (as long as they're credited to AA)? My intuition tells me they should, but I can't find it in the T&Cs anywhere.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by jcarberry
I gather from the discussion so far there's some inconsistency in whether OW marketed and operated flights are correctly applied. Are there any recent DPs of B6 marketed and operated flights counting towards the 30 segment requirement (as long as they're credited to AA)? My intuition tells me they should, but I can't find it in the T&Cs anywhere.
Yes, I took a B6 marketed and operated flight last week and it was just added to my segment count yesterday (along with the Loyalty points posting). A week delay has been typical for me on these flights, but they all have posted on their own eventually.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by jackonferry
I am hoping some of the forum members can help me understand the choice reward rules. Can the 15% discount choice reward be applied to previously ticketed itineraries? To be very specific, suppose I buy a ticket in December 2022 for travel in April 2023, but that I don't earn the choice reward until January 2023. Can I apply it retroactively to the December purchase?
Any updates on this question?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:48 am

Per.com….The award must be redeemed from the selecting member’s account but can be applied to travel by anyone of the member’s choosing. Valid for 1 year from the date of selection.

Originally Posted by FoxtrotMikeAlpha
Any updates on this question?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by 777lover
Per.com….The award must be redeemed from the selecting member’s account but can be applied to travel by anyone of the member’s choosing. Valid for 1 year from the date of selection.
​​​​​​
I understand that but the question asked was the following. Any one know the answer please respond.

Can the 15% discount choice reward be applied to previously ticketed itineraries? To be very specific, suppose I buy a ticket in December 2022 for travel in April 2023, but that I don't earn the choice reward until January 2023. Can I apply it retroactively to the December purchase?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 10:00 am

​​​​​​
I understand that but the question asked was the following. Any one know the answer please respond.

Can the 15% discount choice reward be applied to previously ticketed itineraries? To be very specific, suppose I buy a ticket in December 2022 for travel in April 2023, but that I don't earn the choice reward until January 2023. Can I apply it retroactively to the December purchase?
I don't know of any business that allows you to use a coupon after you purchase something and retroactively get a discount. My hunch would be AA is no different and would not allow it either.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Dec 3, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:14 am

Good question. Call ACS and ask

​​​​​​

Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I don't know of any business that allows you to use a coupon after you purchase something and retroactively get a discount. My hunch would be AA is no different end would not allow it either.
As a platinum pro member I choose the 15% award rebate as my gift.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by 777lover
Good question. Call ACS and ask
Called them and they confirmed that it must be ticketed after the reward is selected in my app. Also, it has to be either a one way or roundtrip. They are not allowing the discount on itineraries that start and end in different US cities. Also no multi city or open jaw/closed jaw. I'm using mine for 2 passengers on an international first class award ticket!!!
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
It looks like SWUs are valid for one year once they were chosen in the previous (2021) and the current program. Back in 2021 I did hit 120 EQM and the choice I have to make by Dec 30 is either 40k of redeemable miles or 2 SWUs. So if I choose SWUs today, those will be valid through Dec 2023?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:27 am

As u states, valid 1 year from redemption.

Originally Posted by Alex_I
It looks like SWUs are valid for one year once they were chosen in the previous (2021) and the current program. Back in 2021 I did hit 120 EQM and the choice I have to make by Dec 30 is either 40k of redeemable miles or 2 SWUs. So if I choose SWUs today, those will be valid through Dec 2023?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Anyone know how long it takes for a gifted Gold status to kick in?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Exp
I gifted it to my brother this year and I recall it taking almost immediate effect.

That being said, the trips he had already booked did not show the new status so he had to have the airport agents add it to his reservations or something in order to get his benefits
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:14 pm

pretty clear:
  • Award discount isn’t eligible for award travel completed before the date the award discount is deposited in the member’s wallet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.