Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Just to add another data point. I flew JFK-LHR (AA F), LHR-BER (BA J) and was able to access the Concorde Room. There was some minor discussion between the lounge agents, but they quickly let me in.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Markie
Just to say that I am travelling AA F today and was denied at check-in and at CCR.
Told only Concierge Key admitted to CCR.
Once I produced by GGL card I was admitted.
what is GGL?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
But in the oneworld website, it‘s very clear that AA First class can access Concorde room.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by rkaradi
what is GGL?

Hi

Gold Guest List

Regards

TBS
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
If I'm coming in on AA from JFK in First and then same day onward to Glasgow on a separate BA ticket, do I get any lounge access at all?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by g1ant
If I'm coming in on AA from JFK in First and then same day onward to Glasgow on a separate BA ticket, do I get any lounge access at all?
With AA in T5, this has typically been granted. However, if your flight is after 12 July and AA moving back to T3, I think we will need to wait and see what happens.

Historically, the CCR has only been accessible for people travelling BA F or those with a Concorde Room Card (now all GGL instead), so allowing people on AA F when AA was collocated was a bit of a departure from the norm and I have no idea if this will remain now that AA are operating from a separate terminal again (my hunch would be that it is unlikely to continue but who knows)..
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

If as orbitmic says things change after q2th July, you would still get galleries first access prior to your flight up to Glasgow based on aa f arrival.
regards

Tbs
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I can't find the delete post button. :0
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:13 pm

This past Tuesday (7/5) I connected through LHR Terminal 5. I flew in on an AA F fare and connected to a BA flight in J. When I was in the First Wing, a staff member proactively told me that I'll have access to the Concorde Room. I had my boarding pass checked by no less than 3 other BA staff on my way there and not a single one hesitated with letting me in and in fact I asked they said that AA F should always have access.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Flew to JFK on AA from LHR today in F. At check in they asked us if we knew where the
concorde lounge was, and again at security. No issues getting into the Concorde lounge.

of course, this will be irrelevant after next Tuesday!
Markie and robertablake like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Is access still being granted when coming from AA F T3 to T5?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by asnovici
Is access still being granted when coming from AA F T3 to T5?
I’ll be able to report back in about nine hours. Per the OW lounge site, I should have access.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
*Update*

Was granted entry with an inbound JFK-LHR AA F ticket after heavy pushback. I was originally told that AA F never had access inbound or outbound, which then changed to no further access following the T3 move. I politely pointed out that the OW site still lists AA as a qualifying airline, at which point entry was granted as an exception while the agent researched the matter…
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
*Update*

Was granted entry with an inbound JFK-LHR AA F ticket after heavy pushback. I was originally told that AA F never had access inbound or outbound, which then changed to no further access following the T3 move. I politely pointed out that the OW site still lists AA as a qualifying airline, at which point entry was granted as an exception while the agent researched the matter…
Sounds like LHR in all its glory. Sarcasm on.

Thank you for reporting here.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Would be good to get more reports. I have DFW-LHR-EDI in September on AA F for the DFW-LHR leg (LHR-EDI is in Y, but I assume J v Y on connecting leg doesn't matter for purposes of access to CCR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.