Concorde Room Access with AA F

Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm intrigued. How can she pass judgement if she did not know? You must realise that there is practically a cult about LPGS. This is because it comes with a high price tag and a fancy bottle. Now, I enjoy it but I would never give it house room unless it was a gift. Champagne does not last long in my house it has to be said. I do not know a single person in France who drinks it as one can get far better at a far more modest cost - but trash it is not. Anything but. I was raised in the Champagne region and I was lucky that the Papa of one of my classmates was Someone Important at Perrier Jouet so I learned about Champagne.

I really do not comprehend the fuss over these blessed Lounges - but my view is this. If American accord certain privileges to those travelling BA First, the same should be accorded in return. Still, if our friends on American consider the prize Champagne as Trash, they will not be back , the Flounge will be full and the Champagne will not be LPGS either.

Does any other Forum here on Flyertalk have this Champagne obsession or is it just us?
You apparently missed it. They did not serve her Grande Siecle. They served her some rose stuff that she described as trash.

Had you read the comments above before posting, you would have seen that.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You apparently missed it. They did not serve her Grande Siecle. They served her some rose stuff that she described as trash.

Had you read the comments above before posting, you would have seen that.
Oh Dear. I quoted from above where it said that so I did not see your replies. What a shame. Never mind, we now we all know and can sleep easier in our beds. So it would seem the if I were to fly AA F I would be allowed into the CCR. We are stil, however in the dark as to the trash ros that they are serving, but with this I will learn to live.
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh Dear. I quoted from above where it said that so I did not see your replies. What a shame. Never mind, we now we all know and can sleep easier in our beds. So it would seem the if I were to fly AA F I would be allowed into the CCR. We are stil, however in the dark as to the trash ros that they are serving, but with this I will learn to live.
Am reasonably sure that the pink fizz in the CCR is Laurent-Perrier Cuve Ros. There are obviously better out there, but its reasonable stuff.

Fairly typical of BAs F wine list policy to lead each category (red/white/fizz) with something of highish quality, followed by a list of lesser (though not necessarily bad) wines.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think the BA advice is wrong . From the BA forum, IIRC it is clear that AA F pax leaving from T5 do have CCR access ( would not be the first time that the BA helpdesk is incorrect)

Regards

TBS

live update, flying AA101 to JFK in F. Just scanned in at the CCR, admitted straight away. Flight was marketed by AA.
NickP 1K and _kurt like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by _kurt
Some prefer helping themselves to a bit of this and a bit of that from a buffet rather than ordering individual items via table service. Fasting would actually make the CCR a clearer choice!
LOL...Having enthusiastically and vigorously partaken in more than my share of Vegas buffets, I see your point.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stewart Stimson
live update, flying AA101 to JFK in F. Just scanned in at the CCR, admitted straight away. Flight was marketed by AA.
7:35 AM on April 12, I have finally been admitted into the sacred Concorde room. Dont know why on my other trips the last few months kept me out, but this time no issues. I bask in its warmth and sophistication!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by mastertrust
7:35 AM on April 12, I have finally been admitted into the sacred Concorde room. Dont know why on my other trips the last few months kept me out, but this time no issues. I bask in its warmth and sophistication!
That's great to hear but your post lacks detail. Flying what?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by danger
That's great to hear but your post lacks detail. Flying what?
Sorry, thought my earlier posts would have provided some clue. AA 101 FC Heathrow to Kennedy. Ive had a series of flights back-and-forth between Kennedy and Heathrow all in first class and not admitted to the CCL until today
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by mastertrust
Did you actually try to enter and were refused or just didn't know you were entitled to access?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Did you actually try to enter and were refused or just didn't know you were entitled to access?
refused on three other occasions over the last few months. Twice when my inbound flight from JFK was American first class connecting to a British air business class flight. Both times had my American Airlines first class boarding pass scanned and was directed away from CCL, once when I connected at LHR to an AA FC bound for JFK. On that flight I had a short but direct conversation with the gatekeeper, where I was told in no uncertain terms that American Airlines first class was not granted admission to the Concorde lounge. From the comments above it appears that in the past people have had mixed success with the gatekeeper.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:15 pm

Inconsistency is always frustrating.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:27 am

Question Guest access?

Any experiences with AA guest access? Will be flying LHR-JFK AA F award ticket, companion is in AA business.

Secondarily, any tips for navigating LHR? coming off BA flight from EDI, I have UK passport, he does not; both with checked baggage that won't check through.

Cheers!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by DanielPD
Any experiences with AA guest access? Will be flying LHR-JFK AA F award ticket, companion is in AA business.

Secondarily, any tips for navigating LHR? coming off BA flight from EDI, I have UK passport, he does not; both with checked baggage that won't check through.

Cheers!
Hopefully others can weigh in with any actual data points, but generally speaking lounge access that is based on ticketed class of service does not get guesting privileges; only access based on status gets guesting privileges. However, CCR isn't an ordinary lounge, so grain of salt etc.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Hopefully others can weigh in with any actual data points, but generally speaking lounge access that is based on ticketed class of service does not get guesting privileges; only access based on status gets guesting privileges. However, CCR isn't an ordinary lounge, so grain of salt etc.
Hi

BA F passengers can guest 1 pax into the CCR( based on F ticket) so I think AA F pax could do the same. This is the exception to the general rule that lounge access based on class of travel alone does not offer guesting privileges.

Regards

TBS
LowValueCustomer likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 27, 2022 at 11:47 am
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DanielPD

Cheers!
Hi ,

Welcome to flyertalk DanielPD!
BA F passengers can guest 1 pax into the CCR( based on F ticket) so I think AA F pax could do the same. This is the exception to the general rule that lounge access based on class of travel alone does not offer guesting privileges

As you are arriving from Edinburgh ( EDI) there is no immigration.
On separate tickets it is highly likely your bags will only be checked to London so the process will be

Arrive at LHR
Go to baggage reclaim
Exit to landside
Take the elevators to departures
Walk to the First Wing and check in with the dedicated AA desks
Go to security and the corridor will take you to Galleries First
Exit the lounge and head along the corridor to the Concorde Room entrance

How long is your layover at LHR as BA would not protect you on separate tickets ( AA may do so if coming off a one world flight)

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.