Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I have so many LPs / miles / credit card spend - shout, brag, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have so many LPs / miles / credit card spend - shout, brag, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by skunker
I'm at 0. I status matched to AS 75K.
Probably will be joining you in the status match department. If I have to fly AA, I'll just use my AS benefits. Between LAX and PHL, I'll have to route through SEA. Oh well.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
29K after my first flight of the year to London and the rest CC spend. Dental work and my return to the US should make March a good month. I may be hard pressed to get to the 30 segments.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
31850 LPs 4.625k in CC spend17573 in miles from flights(inclusive of J cabin bonuses for DEL-HND-JFK-PIT in Jan) and status bonuses for two flights in Feb after reaching Gold late Jan.AA hotels 1000+800eShopping: 4.8 k Sunbasket, Bloom, Airport parking, BP app etc combinedOther small eShopping + 9 AA dining visits, most of them to local iHop
reading the forums on FT definitely got me motivated to change my shopping behavior a bit. I appreciate all the helpful folks on here.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Probably will be joining you in the status match department. If I have to fly AA, I'll just use my AS benefits. Between LAX and PHL, I'll have to route through SEA. Oh well.
I just left AS (and UA) for AA. This was because I moved from SF to PHX, not because I was upset with any airline.

But the main issue with AS (and everyone else except AA for that matter) is that you have to buy up from basic economy to main cabin to enjoy those elite benefits that you "earned". The fact that AA lets you use all your elite benefits on a basic economy ticket is a huge money saver. AS is also experimenting with increasing their buyups -- basically seeing how much of an "elite tax" they can get away with charging.
jediwho likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
Originally Posted by miadukes
I am more than ever starting to see the advantage of just saying screw it and booking whatever airline works for the itinerary. I tried hard to keep the status because I do think it helps in irrops. The only difference being that we based in Miami, American really is the way to go.
As much as I prefer AA out of MIA as they have more non-stop where I am going, I also check the rates for other airlines and other locations like FLL. Occasionally, I fly Delta out of FLL or even PBI, and also had the pleasure of JetBlue Mint FLL-SFO that was awesome (row 2 or 4, of course).

In the end, I look at price, option to use miles, option for SWU, option for business extra upgrade - with an emphasis on non-stop flying.

With all the craziness of air rage and small three to a row seating, I do think flying business or first class is more a necessity than luxury these days.
JoeWoodstock and WVmike like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
208,571 LP - just went to the Lambo dealership and put a brand new Lamborghini HuracÁn Evo on my Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard.

easiest executive platinum ever!
zip10001 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:30 pm

Jealous of all these high LPs. I can't wrap my head around using my AA credit card extensively when my others offer so much more cash back value (2.625% minimum on every purchase and as much as 15% (rental car or hotel booked through Chase portal, 10% + 50% redemption bonus).

For those who are avidly using their AA Cards, what am I missing? And you only get the base not the multiplier (e.g. 1 mile LP even if I buy gas on AA Business which gets 2 miles).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
208,571 LP - just went to the Lambo dealership and put a brand new Lamborghini HuracÁn Evo on my Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard.

My experience with MB and LR dealers is $5k is the max they will let you put on a card. Nice to see the rules loosen up when you trade up .
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
As much as I prefer AA out of MIA as they have more non-stop where I am going, I also check the rates for other airlines and other locations like FLL. Occasionally, I fly Delta out of FLL or even PBI, and also had the pleasure of JetBlue Mint FLL-SFO that was awesome (row 2 or 4, of course).

In the end, I look at price, option to use miles, option for SWU, option for business extra upgrade - with an emphasis on non-stop flying.

With all the craziness of air rage and small three to a row seating, I do think flying business or first class is more a necessity than luxury these days.
I used to fly out of FLL more often but with the increased traffic, offsite parking going up, and no lounges or free food, unless it makes sense, like flying to Alaska on AS because well it is what it is, i don't go out of my way to fly there anymore. I rather pay more out of MIA. Bolding mine, but you are absolutely right, even getting up front of main cabin i feel you have better odds of none of these crazies that are flying these days and that is one reason we have chosen to pay up front on a few occasions.

On a side note, i looked a JB Mint and it was just outrageous price when we did SFO so just went with AA.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
1710 LP. I thought I won but there's people with less
I think I am the winner 171 🤭
psusaver, 355F1, xjaehyun and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA, Amex
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
The initial results of this thread confirm that for 2022 (and possibly forever) the airlines are rewarding SPENDING on co-branded credit cards more than flying
How do you figure? Per dollar spent you accrue vastly more LP flying than whatever other expense on a credit card.

They've just added in the factor for, "Oh btw if you want to give us a few percent cut of your business expenses we'll reward you for that too."
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Why did you buy an Evo with no options? The dealer allowed this?

I looked at buying one last year. The ones they did have in stock had options bringing the total closer to $260k.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold

I thought the Red Aviator had a maximum CL of $100K. Maybe that's old info.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
70530 for me though I have only a vague sense of where they are all from (one lax-jfk and lax-lhr r/t in paid J plus some Citi cc spend and some eshopping).
​​​​​I have been EXP for 20 years and will do it again under this system. But the big challenge will be getting to 30 segments. I have a couple of international J and about 10 J transom roundtrips. Rarely do I have to connect. I don't see how I get to 30 segments and unlock the SWUs without a segment run at the end of the qualification period...lax-phx-tus-phx-las-lax etc. I'm sure folks here will come up with some good one day 5 or 6 segment creations for a few hundred bucks.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear

Personally, I own a Ferrari F430 spider and prefer that brand, but I do respect a Lamborghini and generally tend to see 25-25yo driving those cars.

However, I also have a Aviator "silver" card that is far superior to the red card and something sounds not-kosher with putting $200k on a red card as they probably don't allow anything over $40k charge limit. Also, as someone else pointed out, most exotic car dealers allow $5,000 charge maximum and want the rest wired. Of course if you pay them 1% fee they may allow a charge, but doubt it.

I won't call BS on your post yet, but perhaps you can better explain how you bought a lambo with a AA red card.
355F1 and eltoddo22 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.