Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food in Admirals Clubs (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
JFK admirals club now has meatballs and cavatappi

Idk if I’ve seen this one before: the JFK admirals club now has meatballs and cavatappi

dw, chrisny2, apeortdz and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Looks nice.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, American Executive Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion
How did it taste? I was just at the Admirals lounge in ORD on Sunday and they had the typical Taco meat and roasted cauliflower.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by djvand
How did it taste? I was just at the Admirals lounge in ORD on Sunday and they had the typical Taco meat and roasted cauliflower.
it was ok, the pasta tasted like tomato paste without much seasoning.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I appreciate AA adding more hot meal options. Or in this case, just one.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The meatballs were available at the MCO club a couple of weeks back. They provided those and some potato rolls to make mini meatball subs.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
I appreciate AA adding more hot meal options. Or in this case, just one.
Agreed, and things like this (meatballs and pasta) would seem to be fairly easy to provide in terms of logistics - cheap, not much prep work, and you can let it sit in the crock pot for hours.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Orlando had the meatless meatballs last month. They were actually pretty good
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
The meatballs were available at the MCO club a couple of weeks back. They provided those and some potato rolls to make mini meatball subs.
I've seen meatball sliders for a while, but this was my first time seeing it with pasta.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
DFW A had the meatballs and pasta last Thursday, along with a number of other meal parts arranged in a random order, a Jamaican / Asian fusion soup, and an unlabeled salad base that tasted like kale. I think. Or maybe very crisp lettuce.

You could not really tell what was supposed to go with what, but I assembled something that was really a pretty good immediate lunch. Alas, my poor spouse and her food allergies was stuck with the soup. Which did not look good to me. But I digress.

Any idea who you write to about menus? The faux Italian could have easily been made gluten-free and be eaten by additional guests.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by jayer
DFW A had the meatballs and pasta last Thursday, along with a number of other meal parts arranged in a random order, a Jamaican / Asian fusion soup, and an unlabeled salad base that tasted like kale. I think. Or maybe very crisp lettuce.

You could not really tell what was supposed to go with what, but I assembled something that was really a pretty good immediate lunch. Alas, my poor spouse and her food allergies was stuck with the soup. Which did not look good to me. But I digress.

Any idea who you write to about menus? The faux Italian could have easily been made gluten-free and be eaten by additional guests.
The meatballs and penne were perfectly fine. There’s no need whatsoever to make it gluten free to appeal to obscure food desires. People with such limitations need to fend for themselves. The soup was perfect perfectly sufficient.
dw and robertablake like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Baklava roll

Here's one I haven't seen before, the chocolate baklava roll at the CLT C AC under the usual brownies and rice krispie treats. Quite delicious.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Meatballs were present at LGA and MIA this past week.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Sweet and sour pepper beef

A new one at L lounge at ORD today. Sweet and Sour Pepper beef and quinoa
not bad. Wish they changed the menu on board as often these days
Edit: I noticed after I posted that the accompaniment was actually brown rice and quinoa mixed. I didn't add it to mine but it look like something decent to serve with/under the beef.

a

Last edited by aj411; Mar 5, 2023 at 5:17 am
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The awful "breakfast scramble" needs to go. Pretty sure AA did it just to cut down on egg costs.
joeyE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.