Food in Admirals Clubs (merged threads)

Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Tbh they were just ok, better than the pulled pork that I found to be rather messy. I miss the caprese salad they had about a year ago.
aj411 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by donotblink
Tbh they were just ok, better than the pulled pork that I found to be rather messy. I miss the caprese salad they had about a year ago.
Was that the salad they had with the arugula and cherry tomatoes? I remember one of my friends and I dubbed it the grass salad.

If we were to have tasted our front lawns I think thats what they'd taste like 😅
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Was that the salad they had with the arugula and cherry tomatoes? I remember one of my friends and I dubbed it the grass salad.

If we were to have tasted our front lawns I think thats what they'd taste like 😅
It also had mozzarella!
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
It also had mozzarella!
I liked that one, too
donotblink likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
About the last six times I've been through DFW (mostly A and D), every time was the Mandarin Sesame Chicken with rice. I paid 15k yesterday to go to the Flagship, as I'm so tired of that mandarin chicken. Fingers crossed that they switch to something else in August (BBQ sliders are nice).
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by N1120A
I'll stick to Tortas Fronterra
So bummed they dropped the cochinita pibil torta... that habanero sauce was deadly, but sooo good.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by born sleepy
So bummed they dropped the cochinita pibil torta... that habanero sauce was deadly, but sooo good.
I'm bummed they haven't brought back the not-so-deadly habanero sauce yet.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
I miss those salads too! They were tasty. They also had "Pumpkin Squares" in the "cookie" trays at that time. The emply plastic salad container was a perfect thing to take a few of those squares to go.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
That Stuff Is Awful

About the last six times I've been through DFW (mostly A and D), every time was the Mandarin Sesame Chicken with rice. I paid 15k yesterday to go to the Flagship, as I'm so tired of that mandarin chicken. Fingers crossed that they switch to something else in August (BBQ sliders are nice).
Some things just don't work on a warming tray. That recipe would probably not work if it was cooked to order. Reminds me of reheat the leftovers night in my college cafeteria.

We're going home tomorrow and I was planning on stopping for lunch. Maybe I just grab ice tea and a cookie.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:21 am

Coming up I have morning departures from MCO and DCA, around 09:30. I believe I get AC access as a OWE travelling in I. Will I be able to get a better-than-a-snack breakfast? Would it be better to have breakfast in an airport restaurant?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SandLake
Coming up I have morning departures from MCO and DCA, around 09:30. I believe I get AC access as a OWE travelling in I. Will I be able to get a better-than-a-snack breakfast? Would it be better to have breakfast in an airport restaurant?
Breakfasts at the Admirals Clubs are the best meal offered, I think:

* Greek yogurt
* Oatmeal
* Orange juice, tea and coffee
* Different types of fresh fruit

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember.

I've also seen waffles, eggs, etc. but not always.
fotoflyer88 and SandLake like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Breakfasts at the Admirals Clubs are the best meal offered, I think:

* Greek yogurt
* Oatmeal
* Orange juice, tea and coffee
* Different types of fresh fruit

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember.

I've also seen waffles, eggs, etc. but not always.
The AC breakfasts are, in my opinion, substantially better than their lunch/dinner offerings. You basically have everything you could want out of a breakfast. In addition to these items, they have bagels, pastries, and cereal. It's totally acceptable, and certainly beats the mandarin chicken BS they have now during afternoon hours.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Re: The mandarin chicken, I have tried it several times in various combinations without much result. I have found that it makes a great add to the Vegetable soup. Grab a paper bowel, add a spoon of chicken, pour over a ladle of soup, Voila!

YMMV
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by slpybear
Re: The mandarin chicken, I have tried it several times in various combinations without much result. I have found that it makes a great add to the Vegetable soup. Grab a paper bowel, add a spoon of chicken, pour over a ladle of soup, Voila!

YMMV
Typo of the day! t sounds like the only place for this chicken is in a paper bowel
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Yes, that chicken is essentially a sweetened pulled chicken meat reheated several times.
My last visit to DFW clubs was past Saturday morning in terminal B. The place was crowded, the espresso machine was broken, and they run out Chobani yogurt for breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.