Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA domestic flight booked with BA miles: Potential No cost change date/time ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Booked AA biz class flight from DFW to CUN for the coming week. Now that there are no change fees for main cabin and up, can I call AA and change the date and or time assuming the cash price is the same as the ticket purchased? Thanks for any insight. It's been over 2.5 years since our last vaca/flight.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
If you booked with Avios you will have to call BA and have them change the flight. Only time AA will touch a ticket booked with Avios (or any other partner miles) is usually day of during IRROPS.

If the day you want to change to has saver inventory then BA should make the change. I'm not sure if they charge any fees on Avios bookings or not.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Booked AA biz class flight from DFW to CUN for the coming week. Now that there are no change fees for main cabin and up, can I call AA and change the date and or time assuming the cash price is the same as the ticket purchased? Thanks for any insight. It's been over 2.5 years since our last vaca/flight.
No, since you booked with BA avios any changes have to be done through BA. The "no change fee" stuff is only for bookings through AA.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Hi,

BA Avios change fees here:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...d-service-fees

(Scroll down to "North America.")

Have you booked a roundtrip with Avios, or just a one-way? If only a DFW-CUN one-way, it would be cheaper to cancel the original booking, and just rebook, the reason being that for cancellations, BA does not make any "additional collection"; you would merely forfeit the fees you paid when the ticket was issued, and for DFW-CUN, that's a little less than BA's change or cancel fee.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:03 pm

Since when is DFW-CUN domestic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.