FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Getting rebooked on Jetblue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2068026-getting-rebooked-jetblue.html)

kb3535 Feb 7, 2022 9:39 am

Getting rebooked on Jetblue

Last year, my direct JFK-LAS on AA metal was cancelled and rebooked on connecting flights with pretty bad layovers. I called the EXP desk, and they were able to book my on the Jetblue codeshare direct flights.

Fast forward to 2022, and the same thing has happened again (more fool me for booking AA metal again). My direct flights have become connections via PHX. On calling the EXP desk this time I was told that AA never rebooks on B6 since they are not Oneworld, and that what happened last year could not have actually happened and whomever did it was a rogue agent. She told me to just cancel and book direct with B6, but given how much time has passed and it's a booking for 3 people, that would add an extra $1200 to the cost.

Given the long hold times these days to even get to an agent, I wanted to know if anyone here knows what the actual policy here. Am I SOL and need to accept my connecting fate, or should I call back and roll the dice?

KB

JJeffrey Feb 7, 2022 10:15 am

It should be no problem to get rebooked onto B6 as long as the flight is offered as an AA codeshare.

But if the flight isn't offered as an AA codeshare, then for a schedule change in advance you're not going to have any luck.

Assuming it is offered as an AA codeshare, definitely HUCA, tell them there was a schedule change and ask specifically for the AA flight number (don't even mention anything about it being operated by B6). If the flight is still weeks/months away then I wouldn't worry with it until the hold time situation calms down.

Markie Feb 7, 2022 10:52 am

I got an AA ticket - SOF-LHR-JFK-SFO, to rebook the JFK-SFO portion on JetBlue as an AA codeshare. Worked OK. Waiting for credit to AAdvantage.

adeleswart Feb 8, 2022 3:44 am

We had a flight change in early March and the agent volunteered to add us to a nonstop JetBlue flight. We had to call B6 to get seat assignments, so have a good book tor read while waiting for that!

donotblink Feb 8, 2022 4:08 am

I’ve been rebooked from LGA->ORD->DEN to LGA->DEN on B6 via Amex travel. They had to reach out to the agency support desk who provided a waiver code.

onanisland Feb 8, 2022 6:08 am

I tried to get rebooked to a code share during IROPS and Admirals Club told me no it couldn’t be done. There was an AA Flight number. I’m still a bit miffed about it. I was pretty sure it was my agent but you can’t really hang up and call again in the Admirals Club. She was super kind and helpful in every other way except rerouting us the way I wanted. I hope you get it worked out.

kb3535 Feb 8, 2022 6:27 am

Update - I did indeed call again, and just flat out asked to be rebooked on the AA flight numbers for the B6 codeshare. The agent said she didn't see those flight numbers as options, then put me on hold so she could check with a supervisor, she then came back and said that it wasn't possible and that she was sorry. I think there may have been a change in policy here - can anyone report any success getting rebooked due to schedule changes in the last few weeks?

seawolf Feb 8, 2022 9:30 am

Everybody here needs to clarify were their situation a schedule change or IRROPS? Those have different policies governing rebooking.

If scheduled changed and original flight as AA flight#/AA metal, AA*/B6 is not offered for rebooking. If scheduled changed and original flight was AA*/B6, it can stay as AA*/B6.

kb3535 Feb 8, 2022 9:59 am

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 33974174)
Everybody here needs to clarify were their situation a schedule change or IRROPS? Those have different policies governing rebooking.

If scheduled changed and original flight as AA flight#/AA metal, AA*/B6 is not offered for rebooking. If scheduled changed and original flight was AA*/B6, it can stay as AA*/B6.

My case was a schedule change where the previous booking was a direct flight on AA metal - and as you say, the policy does seem to preclude AA*/B6 rebooking. I was just surprised since my flight last October was a schedule change where the original flight was AA metal, but they agent was able to rebook on AA*/B6 direct without any fuss.

seawolf Feb 8, 2022 10:49 am

Originally Posted by kb3535 (Post 33974304)
My case was a schedule change where the previous booking was a direct flight on AA metal - and as you say, the policy does seem to preclude AA*/B6 rebooking. I was just surprised since my flight last October was a schedule change where the original flight was AA metal, but they agent was able to rebook on AA*/B6 direct without any fuss.

current policy on saleslink appears to suggest only accommodate AA Prime to another AA Prime or AA code operated by joint business partners (BA/IB/AY etc). YMMV

armus Feb 9, 2022 1:55 am

I had a schedule change where my evening BOS-LAX-SFO on AA in biz (1st segment on 321T) was changed to early AM. I requested an evening nonstop BOS-SFO (on JetBlue, but only mentioned the AA codeshare #) and was approved. The booking was made using miles.

FlyerBeek Feb 9, 2022 4:49 am

Also, during IRROPs, I read recently (in SFO777's recent trip report) that B6 rebooking options were offered.

-FlyerBeek

VFR Feb 9, 2022 7:58 am

Originally Posted by armus (Post 33976308)
I had a schedule change where my evening BOS-LAX-SFO on AA in biz (1st segment on 321T) was changed to early AM. I requested an evening nonstop BOS-SFO (on JetBlue, but only mentioned the AA codeshare #) and was approved. The booking was made using miles.

This seems out of policy, since you normally can't book a codeshare with miles (e.g. you can book B6 1803 but not AA 9405), and Mint costs a lot more than Flagship Business Transcon. I guess you got lucky!

PTahCha Feb 9, 2022 8:55 am

Originally Posted by adeleswart (Post 33973375)
We had a flight change in early March and the agent volunteered to add us to a nonstop JetBlue flight. We had to call B6 to get seat assignments, so have a good book tor read while waiting for that!

Once you have the B6 record locator, you can get seat assignment on JetBlue website.