Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
MAY 2022 -Schedule Changes loaded

Just had a slew of cancellation and rebooking emails. For me:

- Reduced weekend frequency JFK/SFO
- Timings of LAX-LHR flights changed
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:31 pm

The schedule for May is still a mess. MIA-MAD on May 4 is on a 788 and the flight returning MAD-MIA on May 5 is a 789. Does that make sense? I am not booking this date. I'm just checking to see if the schedule is really fixed. Until yesterday they had the 777 listed on May 5 and later. The configuration for the PE section on the 788 and the 789 is different. I don't want to book until they fix this mess.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:46 am

Both of our May flight times changed. AUS-MCO R/T The prices also skyrocketed for those particular times.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
AA pulling out of ACV?

I had a round trip booked in May OKC-PHX-ACV and return. After the schedule change, my trip ends in Phoenix now which is not convenient. I took a look, and I could not find any flights to ACV at all from PHX. Is American pulling out? I searched Google but could not find anything about it. That really sucks, because American doesn't fly to Redding or crescent City either. I tried to go to crescent city, but the flight there it's in oakland, and American doesn't fly to Oakland either. My best, and perhaps quite inconvenient option to stay on American would be to go to Santa Rosa and take the long drive up 101.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA
Really got screwed by the May schedule change. I had an award flight booked from LHR-ORD-JAX and my layover in ORD changed from 2.5 hours to 8 hours. Award mileage redemption is now through the roof, the other options are all now over 100k more miles per ticket (J Award). I guess I'm stuck with the new flight unless I want to pony up?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
Since the change was so significant, they should be able to change you to any alternative flights that are on American metal. If you can find a set of flights that has a more reasonable connection and is closer to your original times, they should change to those without any additional payment or mileage.

Originally Posted by fullflaps
Really got screwed by the May schedule change. I had an award flight booked from LHR-ORD-JAX and my layover in ORD changed from 2.5 hours to 8 hours. Award mileage redemption is now through the roof, the other options are all now over 100k more miles per ticket (J Award). I guess I'm stuck with the new flight unless I want to pony up?
seawolf, Spiff and LovePrunes like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Markie
Just had a slew of cancellation and rebooking emails. For me:

- Reduced weekend frequency JFK/SFO
- Timings of LAX-LHR flights changed
Is it really just May? I received email overnight cancelling AA2072 Jun 26 DFW-ATL (6:30 pm/9:39 pm) replaced with AA2237 Jun 26 DFW-ATL (7:30pm/10:38pm).

Ken
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:02 am

The start of the DFW-TLV non-stop is postponed again. My outbound for April 30 was cancelled about a month ago, and my return on May 10 was cancelled last night.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:16 am

Expected, but it feels like (almost) all of the domestic widebodies are gone. Wonder if we'll see some return to the schedule over the next month or two (at least in May, maybe June as well) as AA pushes off restarting some international destinations (i.e., DFW-TLV as mentioned above).
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
When a schedule change goes in, does the pricing sometimes take a while to settle?

For context, I was pricing AUS-SXM round-trip last night at $835. This morning, the comparable (though not identical) segments are $1,907. I wasn't able to book last night, as aa.com claimed the fare was not available and the seat maps wouldn't load either, so perhaps the change was happening as I was browsing. All that said, do the fares sometimes take a bit to "catch up" to the schedule change?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by wingfan5
When a schedule change goes in, does the pricing sometimes take a while to settle?

For context, I was pricing AUS-SXM round-trip last night at $835. This morning, the comparable (though not identical) segments are $1,907. I wasn't able to book last night, as aa.com claimed the fare was not available and the seat maps wouldn't load either, so perhaps the change was happening as I was browsing. All that said, do the fares sometimes take a bit to "catch up" to the schedule change?
In short, yes, thats not unusual. Give it another 2-3 days and things should sort themselves out.
wingfan5 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum, AAirpass; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Silver
My direct JFK-LAS flight was rebooked through PHX. Yuck.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Not only May. My July Lax-Sfo flights change from mainline 319 to an Eagle 170. Number of daily flights also reduced.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Interesting. My trip in May has also been messed up including a RNO-LAX leg that apparently is no longer served by AA (at least not on 16 May anymore!)

maybe Ill wait a few days to see if things settle down.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by gcuk
Not only May. My July Lax-Sfo flights change from mainline 319 to an Eagle 170. Number of daily flights also reduced.
Id consider this an upgrade

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.