Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAY 2022 -Schedule Changes loaded

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by allset2travel
My June 1 MIA-LAX changed departure time by 10 minutes. But, originally booked Flagship Business on 77W is no more. Now out of the daily 7 non-stops, 6 are on A321neo and 1 on 772. None is labeled as Flagship. Where have all the 77W gone?
My return flight LAX-MIA mid June is still intact Flagship Business on 77W. Maybe that will be changed later!

Wonder if I still have lounge access in MIA?
The 9:10 AM departure on a 772 is labeled "Flagship Business." I'm not much interested in that route but I am in the LAX-MIA route, and they seem to be flying that once-a-day Flagship biz but the time of the LAX-MIA flight varies between a 1PM and an 11PM departure.

If you are on an actual "Flagship Business" ticket you should have FL access but not of course FFD.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
The 9:10 AM departure on a 772 is labeled "Flagship Business." I'm not much interested in that route but I am in the LAX-MIA route, and they seem to be flying that once-a-day Flagship biz but the time of the LAX-MIA flight varies between a 1PM and an 11PM departure.

If you are on an actual "Flagship Business" ticket you should have FL access but not of course FFD.
I saw the 9:10AM dept with 772, but did not see it labeled as "Flagship Business". Not enough coffee, perhaps. I must check it again. Thank you.

The original ticket was indeed labeled as Flagship Business on 77W, so I should get a print out of it and nicely persuade the FFL AAngel? I understand no FFD, since I am in business cabin.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:40 pm

@redtop43,

You were right. I re-checked. the AA2231 MIA-LAX indeed is labeled as Flagship Business.

I will call to see if I could get me on that flight. What do you think my chances are? I saw only 6 blocked seats in J, the rest are "blue" as unoccupied.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
My June 1 MIA-LAX changed departure time by 10 minutes. But, originally booked Flagship Business on 77W is no more. Now out of the daily 7 non-stops, 6 are on A321neo and 1 on 772. None is labeled as Flagship. Where have all the 77W gone?
My return flight LAX-MIA mid June is still intact Flagship Business on 77W. Maybe that will be changed later!
AA noted publicly that the widebodies will basically be 100% devoted to international flying during the high summer season this year due to a relative shortage of widebodies (seems to be a combo of the accelerated widebody retirements earlier in the pandemic + 787 delivery delays). Unfortunately I expect your June return will probably lose the 77W too (hopefully not! But I'd keep my expectations low).
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
AA noted publicly that the widebodies will basically be 100% devoted to international flying during the high summer season this year due to a relative shortage of widebodies (seems to be a combo of the accelerated widebody retirements earlier in the pandemic + 787 delivery delays). Unfortunately I expect your June return will probably lose the 77W too (hopefully not! But I'd keep my expectations low).
As data point: I did manage to change MIA-LAX to Flagship Business on 772.
I will be watching my return flight very closely.

BTW, I totally missed AA's announcement regarding wide bodies routing.
ty97 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM

BTW, I totally missed AA's announcement regarding wide bodies routing.
It may have been something that was said/reported as part of the 4Q earnings call/conversations? I don't recall exactly but I know they said it within the past few weeks. It's unfortunate because the domestic widebodies are nice. On the flip side, good news if AA foresees (hopefully) a summer travel season where they need all the widebodies going international.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I have been tracking the MIA-LAX routings. I have a Flagship First ticket booked MIA-LAX on March 20 and I think that's still good to go. In May/June they seem to have a daily 772 flight LAX-MIA but the time toggles between 1PM and a redeye, The Flagship Biz fare is usually $699, which is actually quite comparable to the regular F fare on the route. For a trip I am tentatively planning on July 2, it is $719. However I think the 77W's are gone, at least for a while.

TBH I was underwhelmed by the Flagship First "experience" on that MIA-LAX flight last month. First, the departure was 1:35 and FFD didn't open until 1:00. (I wrote to them about it.) Second, the LAX FL lounge was still closed, but I guess it's open now. Third, the seats are only microscopically better than the J seats, and as for the bedding, who really cares, especially on a daytime flight.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'm calling American on almost a daily basis to "fix" a change that they make to one of my flights. Even more frustrating is that the flight that they move me to always seems to be the most illogical one.

And seriously, I know that Web Specials can't be changed, but I'm guessing that they would cut down on their call volume by 1/3 if they unlocked the web specials that they change and allow me to do it myself.

Mike

Last edited by mikeef; Feb 14, 2022 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:13 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Pleasantly surprised to see my May PHL-MIA-PHL flights changed to a 787. Wasted no time grabbing seats in PE. Of course, I flagged my flights in EF for an alert on any equipment changes since it's still 3 months out.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm calling American on almost a daily basis to "fix" a change that they make to one of my flights. Even more frustrating is that the flight that they move me to always seems to be the most illogical one.

And seriously, I know that Web Specials can't be changed, but I'm guessing that they would cut down on their call volume by 1/3 if they unlocked the web specials that they change and allow me to do it myself.

Mike
Have you written a note to Customer Service about this? It sounds like a GREAT suggestion!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
TBH I was underwhelmed by the Flagship First "experience" on that MIA-LAX flight last month. First, the departure was 1:35 and FFD didn't open until 1:00. (I wrote to them about it.) Second, the LAX FL lounge was still closed, but I guess it's open now. Third, the seats are only microscopically better than the J seats, and as for the bedding, who really cares, especially on a daytime flight.
That was not cool at all! Did you hear from AA?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Percy Pig
Further to my post above (about all Reno-LAX flights being pulled until August, including my trip in May) I’m now researching options. I have a cash fare in business going to MAD via LHR.

Before I call, what are the chances of AA allowing me to move departure point from Reno to another airport in California or Nevada? If the answer is “no way” I’ll stick to Reno based research, but I wonder if they have some flexibility here.

any advice gratefully received, thank you.
an update to this question - the answer was “no”, they wouldn’t change departure point without a re price.

they would, however, re route via JFK rather than MIA which worked for me. So I’m happy.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by formeraa
Have you written a note to Customer Service about this? It sounds like a GREAT suggestion!
Thanks! I actually discussed it with the rep I spoke to and kind of got the idea that I wasn't the first. Sadly, it sounds like their tech resources are devoted elsewhere.

Mike
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Noticed there was some tinkering with the April schedule as well as one of the late evening DFW-LHR was removed.

Originally Posted by gcuk
Not only May. My July Lax-Sfo flights change from mainline 319 to an Eagle 170. Number of daily flights also reduced.
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
I’d consider this an upgrade
In the air perhaps, although the bus ride to/from the remote terminal at LAX is no fun.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
ITH-CLT ends; ITH-PHL returns

Instead of two daily CR7s to CLT, ITH will get two daily ER4s to PHL. That's a loss of the First Class service available on the CR7s, and a net loss of 30 daily seats out of ITH. But the restored PHL service will likely be better for connections to Europe and the West Coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.