Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FTD 20x miles count as LPs?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Yeah this really isn't about the credit card. At 1 pt per dollar spent it's not going to move the needle that much unless you really spend a lot on your CC. EXP is 200k LP; how many people measure their annual credit card spend in hundreds of thousands of dollars?

The two cheapest ways to get LP are shopping portal purchases and partner flights (and maybe an honorable mention for AAhotels / RocketMiles), none of which require an AA CC.
Perhaps not, but it certainly helps. I moved everything to my AA CC, which I also use for business expenses. It'll go a long way to helping renew EP even though it won't get me to 200K LPs without also flying.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Perhaps not, but it certainly helps. I moved everything to my AA CC, which I also use for business expenses. It'll go a long way to helping renew EP even though it won't get me to 200K LPs without also flying.
I guess it depends how much spend you have. I think for most people, the spend will help them a lot towards gold and that's about it. Of course there are exceptions. But AA wouldn't have done it if it was going to help 10s of thousands of people become EXP just by getting a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.