Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Original Route Crediting - How quick, easy, and timely is it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

I am flying to Bogota Friday morning, LAX-JFK-MIA-BOG, because this is Flyertalk and I still need some of those sweet EQDs by way of flying AA Vacations. (Side question is my flight at all changeable given it was booked with Vacations and not AA.com? Is only the hotel portion actually the non-refundable / creditable bit?)

AA has texted, emailed, alerted me via app and otherwise about this coming winter storm, and I have a feeling I may find myself presented an option to fly a different route than I originally planned. Sure, I am happy all 3 of my planes have lie-flats, but the reality is, I need these flights to be LONG to hit the amount of EQD I need .Is there any circumstance of me voluntarily agreeing to a new route due to the storm which would NOT allow me to claim original route credit?

How long does such a request for credit usually take? If it takes a while, will it still count for when it was earned? I need everything to post before end of February, for both these flights and my identical return flights.

Cheers! Stay warm and safe.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Is there any circumstance of me voluntarily agreeing to a new route due to the storm which would NOT allow me to claim original route credit?
You only get ORC if you are involuntarily rerouted. And even that's a hassle sometimes. Of course you could get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
As a point for consideration, I was involuntarily rerouted from AA to LATAM over xmas (flight cancelled due to "Crew Availability" and no flights to get us to Santiago for 3+ days) and had a HELL of a time getting Original Routing Credit (really only cared for MM purposes; didn't actually care about redeemable miles). I wasn't asking for, or seeking, any further compensation...I just wanted the MM credit. It was quite the ordeal to convince them to give me credit. FINALLY got someone to give me a "one time exception" to the rules.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Animgif
FINALLY got someone to give me a "one time exception" to the rules.
LOL. I'm sure you know that's the standard spiel.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by vasantn
LOL. I'm sure you know that's the standard spiel.
Yup, every damn time. So very annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.