Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays EQM in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Barclays EQM in 2022

If one were to spend 40K on Barclays in Jan & Feb would they be credited the bonus EQM for 2022 before the switch to the new points system? i am very close to 120K which would get me 2 more System Wide upgrades and the bonus EQM would push me over, i have a the ability to put the spend on this card before 2/28 but only want to use this card IF i will get the EQM in 2022, otherwise it will go on biz AMEX for the 1.5 points per $ for charges over 5K

TY
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by azmmza
If one were to spend 40K on Barclays in Jan & Feb would they be credited the bonus EQM for 2022 before the switch to the new points system? i am very close to 120K which would get me 2 more System Wide upgrades and the bonus EQM would push me over, i have a the ability to put the spend on this card before 2/28 but only want to use this card IF i will get the EQM in 2022, otherwise it will go on biz AMEX for the 1.5 points per $ for charges over 5K

TY
If you received the Barclays bonuses in 2021, no, you would not get bonuses for spending in Jan and Feb. Pretty sure Barclays said that this is an extension of the 2021 offering for EQM and EQD.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:45 pm

To confirm, you can login into your Barclays account, go to rewards and benefits, reward activity. it will list current spend, progress to awards and timelines. It should still be available to you.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
For EQM, the amount you spent in January and February will add-on to the eligible spending in 2021. If you already earned CC-based EQM in 2021, then the extra spending will not trigger another round of EQM. This is confirmed via the FAQ.

At the same time, the amount you spend in Jan and Feb will earn Loyalty Points.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

I already earned 2021 so i guess Amex it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.