Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 Individual Buy Up / Status Offers Are Live Now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

AA Status Offers for 2022 are live as of February 1, 2022. See your offer here: https://status.aa.com

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 2, 2022 at 1:51 pm Reason: Insert moderator guidepost
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
"Exclusive Offer" to upgrade status

Just got an offer to upgrade to Executive Platinum from Plat Pro for $2665 but I hit my EQM (80,765) and only short $1642 EQD. I'm gonna try to hit the EQD ($10,358) by end of Feb but worst case I can just pay the difference in EQD instead of paying for this bad upgrade offer right?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Amil
Just got an offer to upgrade to Executive Platinum from Plat Pro for $2665 but I hit my EQM (80,765) and only short $1642 EQD. I'm gonna try to hit the EQD ($10,358) by end of Feb but worst case I can just pay the difference in EQD instead of paying for this bad upgrade offer right?
That's not how it works, unfortunately.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
No, you can't buy-up like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Your only options are to take the buy-up offer or fly (you're required to fly the segments from them to count) $1642 worth of flights by the end of this month.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Here's a route out of LAX, flying the Sunday redeye to Miami, coming back Monday late morning:

Round trip to Miami | Google Flights

You sleep on the plane; shower and have breakfast in the MIA Flagship Lounge; fly back to LAX and have lunch in the LAX Flagship Lounge before heading home to let out the dog. Wide-body lie-flat seat both ways.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by jcatman
Here's a route out of LAX, flying the Sunday redeye to Miami, coming back Monday late morning:

You sleep on the plane; shower and have breakfast in the MIA Flagship Lounge; fly back to LAX and have lunch in the LAX Flagship Lounge before heading home to let out the dog. Wide-body lie-flat seat both ways.
That's soul-crushing. One hopes the OP would at least get a weekend vacation out of the expenditure.
Amil, bryanb and VegasGambler like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by js1993
That's soul-crushing. One hopes the OP would at least get a weekend vacation out of the expenditure.
I couldn't agree more. I've done some pretty short trips for the miles but I've never done a pure mileage run where you don't leave the airport. If I go somewhere, I'm going to get a vacation out of it, however short. The times when I've spent less then a day in a city have actually been some of my most enjoyable trips -- it really forces you to go out and to what you want to do!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by jcatman

ill plan a proper trip but thanks!

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Your only options are to take the buy-up offer or fly (you're required to fly the segments from them to count) $1642 worth of flights by the end of this month.
darn I thought id read a few years ago that aa would take your money . but guess not.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I couldn't agree more. I've done some pretty short trips for the miles but I've never done a pure mileage run where you don't leave the airport. If I go somewhere, I'm going to get a vacation out of it, however short. The times when I've spent less then a day in a city have actually been some of my most enjoyable trips -- it really forces you to go out and to what you want to do!
yeah I have time to do this thankfully. ill just plan some actual trips.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Just 1 RT to LHR will do the job
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Just finished up a mileage run on AS for AA status. HNL-SEA-JFK-SEA-HNL in just barely over 24 hours. Got lots of AS pancakes and Centurion lounge drinks.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I got an "exclusive offer" as well. Mine is $1,255 for Platinum or $1,995 for Platinum Pro (or I can burn miles at $0.01/mile).

I've more than met my 2021 EQD requirement for Platinum in one very expensive last-minute business trip last year, but I am 23k EQMs or 35 EQSs short. There's no way that is happening in the next 27 days.

But seriously, the price tag is ludicrous. If I was willing to shell out that kind of dough strictly for the status, I could earn it more-or-less organically by pumping extra spend to my AA credit card via Plastiq at the 2.75% fee. At least that way I would get the LPs *and* award miles to redeem.
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA
My best memory was an overnight in CTG!
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:43 pm

Out of curiosity, when do these offers expire?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
My 'exclusive' offer is $475 to maintain my gold status. I have no idea what AA gold is actually worth, and no idea if it's worth $475 to me. I'll stew on it... any opinions welcome! I'll spend most of 2022 living in places served better by *A than OW... leaning towards deciding that AA gold is not worth $475 to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.