Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 Individual Buy Up / Status Offers Are Live Now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Individual Buy Up / Status Offers Are Live Now

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by cedrbop
It was an email offer. So probably targeted. It wasn't showing up on my "Promotions" in my account. I have only flown once last year 4 segments. So I am considering this since I have bit of travel coming up later this year.
Also remember that having Gold or Plat gives you a boost on LPs for your post 3/1 travel. Depending on how much travel you have planned, that could help increase your Elite level for 2023.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by cedrbop
I got offered $495 for Gold and $1055 to retain platinum. This was a better deal than the $2k eqd offer last fall.
I have a similar offer.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold.
Originally Posted by bosman
Also remember that having Gold or Plat gives you a boost on LPs for your post 3/1 travel. Depending on how much travel you have planned, that could help increase your Elite level for 2023.
Yep! That is probably why I will most likely go for this deal since I have a bit of international travel planned a few times. This boost will definitely help for 2023
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum)
I'm only at 1256 EQD and 11.266 EQM (and 8 EQS) for 2021.

My "retain Gold" offer is $515. Which is cheaper than the $755 flight I'd have to find to fly 8,634 miles (or 12 segments) this month. I'm thinking about it. Having no status at all would suck. I expect to fly a little more in 2022 as Covid hopefully recedes.

(Note: I used to have the Barclays AA card but gave it up a few years ago)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Someone upthread said that they had an offer to buy up to EXP? AFAIK that has never been offered. You could retain EXP but you couldn't buy up to it in the past.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vasantn
Someone upthread said that they had an offer to buy up to EXP? AFAIK that has never been offered. You could retain EXP but you couldn't buy up to it in the past.
So PPro is the highest you can buy for? My last flight of February pushes me into PPro a few days before the end of month so I was curious if that offer to buy EXP would be made and how much it would be if it were possible.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Raralith
So PPro is the highest you can buy for? My last flight of February pushes me into PPro a few days before the end of month so I was curious if that offer to buy EXP would be made and how much it would be if it were possible.
If you're currently EXP but haven't re-qualified, it will offer you Plat Pro and EXP for around $2,000 and $2,500, respectively. Not sure if getting to Plat Pro after these offers were posted will trigger a new EXP buy-up offer for you, but if so, I'd expect it would be at least $750 to $1,000.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:33 pm

I guess I'll wait until my account gets flagged as PPro and call to see if I could pay for EXP with the few days remaining before March 1st? Unsure if $2,500 is good value though.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:00 pm

I am a plat pro who has hit the EQMs for EXP. I'm at $10,232 EQD. I have an offer for $2,125 to buy up to EXP. I THINK it was $2,325 last week when I first got the offer and I've flown since then. I have a couple more flights planned but will definitely need more EQDs this month.
EXPLAT likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
If you're currently EXP but haven't re-qualified, it will offer you Plat Pro and EXP for around $2,000 and $2,500, respectively. Not sure if getting to Plat Pro after these offers were posted will trigger a new EXP buy-up offer for you, but if so, I'd expect it would be at least $750 to $1,000.
I'm currently EXP but only being offered to buy up to "gold"..... lol
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by BigJimmy626
I'm currently EXP but only being offered to buy up to "gold"..... lol
That's odd.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I got offered gold for $495 or 49.5k miles. You can adjust it like you can with Hilton's points and cash.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
That's odd.
Yeah... like most I didn't fly much last year so I didn't requalify for EXP but I have been EXP for years with AA. When the email came out saying if you spent $2k in EQD's I misread the email and thought the promotion ended in Feb.. So I went to book some flights 2 days ago and realized I was wrong... My own fault for not reading it through... Just annoying after all of these years of having EXP, I am dropping to Zero status.. I am going to do a status challenge with Delta... At least with Delta I'd have Platinum vs Zero on AA..
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by BigJimmy626
Yeah... like most I didn't fly much last year so I didn't requalify for EXP but I have been EXP for years with AA. When the email came out saying if you spent $2k in EQD's I misread the email and thought the promotion ended in Feb.. So I went to book some flights 2 days ago and realized I was wrong... My own fault for not reading it through... Just annoying after all of these years of having EXP, I am dropping to Zero status.. I am going to do a status challenge with Delta... At least with Delta I'd have Platinum vs Zero on AA..
I'm confused. When does your EXP status actually expire?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm confused. When does your EXP status actually expire?
Has to be March 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.