Search

APRIL schedule changes posted JAN 30

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:06 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
APRIL schedule changes posted JAN 30

My LGA-ORD-SJC gone but was able to switch to JFK-SFO.

Last edited by seawolf; Feb 1, 2022 at 8:39 pm
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:53 am

LAX-MIA down to one wide body per day now
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cuts extend through May 4th. ORD continues to get pretty severe reductions. Routes like ORD-STL/DTW/MSP were cut from 6-7x daily in April to 3-4x (mostly extending previous March cutbacks).
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Butchered a couple of US segment runs which is a shame - back to the drawing board!
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by spanishflea
LAX-MIA down to one wide body per day now
Was really hoping the MIA-LAX flight would stay. I always see very cheap J fares (499) and often see F for 944.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:21 am

When should we expect the changes for the rest of May? We're waiting to book MIA-MAD on flight 68. The other issue is the plane. They have the 787-8 until May 4th and now we see that it was changed to the 772-Boeing 777 as of May 5th.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I looked at MIA-LAX for May 1. It was very odd; the nonstops have fares of $1318 - IN COACH! First shows as "not available" even though the seat map on the 772 shows dozens of open seats. Something weird is going on. However, I did not see any 77W flights, so maybe they are eliminating the Flagship First flights on this route.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by travellovers2
When should we expect the changes for the rest of May? .
Had an email today from BA (because that's who I booked with) of a minor schedule change on ORD-LHR AA operated flight for 24th May
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
quite annoying as i had put a ticket on hold last night ORD-MIA-LAX for the flagship first points and i had to go to the airport to have a flight credit applied since they couldnt do it on the phone (separate issue) and when i rolled up to the ticket agent here at LHR they were confused by all the changes which i thought was impossible since i only put it on hold late last night!

sad to see the 777 gone in late april indeed!

at least i am staying the night at LHR for an early morning flight tomorrow otherwise wouldve been quite annoyed by a trip in vain to have it ticketed!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
I looked at MIA-LAX for May 1. It was very odd; the nonstops have fares of $1318 - IN COACH! First shows as "not available" even though the seat map on the 772 shows dozens of open seats. Something weird is going on. However, I did not see any 77W flights, so maybe they are eliminating the Flagship First flights on this route.
That is normal for the day after a schedule change. It usually takes a couple days for AA to load all the fare buckets.
seawolf and jlt19 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by redtop43
Saw something similar on a JFK-SFO flight in April. Y > $1000, J & F not available. If it weren’t for the schedule changes, I would have thought it was a sign of impending cancellation.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:21 pm

I booked our return flight OGG-DFW-STL on 1.28.22 and put our outbound flight on hold b/c I'm waiting a measly 2500 points to post from AA eshopping to purchase. Both flights and equipment have completely changed. My hold is through 2.3.22. Will they still honor the hold (assuming the points post, though at this point I'm not holding my breath).

A one way business class seat was 55k pts 2 days ago. Today? 145k pt. guess I'm glad I didn't book our accommodations yet...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
One of my booking in April for BWI-DFW-BWI became PHL-YYZ-CLT-BWI this morning. . Had to call to sort it out. Even the phone agent was amazed how the system "updated" my trip.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I'm another ORD-MIA-LAX simply for the points person, and annoyed by all this. Do we assume the 777s are now being used internationally? The best alternative I can see for the points is going BOS/LAX (as JFK to either LAX or SFO) have leaped hugely in price since I last did one of these. Or are there other routes I'm missing?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had a JFK-ATH flight in May changed to JFK-ORD-ATH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.