Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APRIL schedule changes posted JAN 30

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
I looked at MIA-LAX for May 1. It was very odd; the nonstops have fares of $1318 - IN COACH! First shows as "not available" even though the seat map on the 772 shows dozens of open seats. Something weird is going on. However, I did not see any 77W flights, so maybe they are eliminating the Flagship First flights on this route.
We have been trying to book PE seats MIA-MAD but we get the same "not available" even though the map shows all seats open. We have called numerous times and they tell me that people have probably booked their ticket on PE and have not chosen their seats yet. They don't know what to say so they make something up to get you off the phone.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
AA also changed my JFK-MIA-LAX for early April which was all on a 772 to the direct JFK-LAX.

Annoyed as I needed the extra BA Tier Points and Avios.

I didn’t receive a notification from AA (ticketed with AA) but noticed by cha lance when going into the app.

AA also changed my return from LAX by 30 minutes but wouldn’t change me to an earlier flight as they couldn’t find the same fare class on the rest of the segments which are with BA (LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB). They mentioned married segments.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Jan 31, 2022 at 12:54 am
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by travellovers2
We have been trying to book PE seats MIA-MAD but we get the same "not available" even though the map shows all seats open. We have called numerous times and they tell me that people have probably booked their ticket on PE and have not chosen their seats yet. They don't know what to say so they make something up to get you off the phone.
No one will every go broke betting against the intelligence of the average AAgent, and I say that with sorrow. I'm EXP and I do get the sense that I get more knowledgable AAgents. How long have you been trying to book? It does appear like it takes a day or two for the schedule to "settle in."
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
No one will every go broke betting against the intelligence of the average AAgent, and I say that with sorrow. I'm EXP and I do get the sense that I get more knowledgable AAgents. How long have you been trying to book? It does appear like it takes a day or two for the schedule to "settle in."
We have called several times for a month. They still have the week of May 2-6 blocked. They have the 787-8 until May 4 then changes to the 777-200 on May 5th. So that may mean that they don't even know what plane they're going to have for that flight 68. We're going to wait another month and see what happens, if we don't give up and book Iberia.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
In thinking about all these schedule changes, is there a way in Expert Flyer to be notified of any changes? It would be nice to load all your flights into EF and be notified if there is a change in date, flight number, departure time, or arrival time.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:01 am

EWR-PHX changed on saturdays from 3 flights to two (both at bad times, early am and late afternoon). Really screws up my plans! I could have booked United flight weeks ago but now it's 2x the price, so I'm probably stuck connecting in DFW or CLT. I have not taken a connecting flight in over a decade and didn't intend to start now. So, what's the chance they lose our bags on the connection, is that still a thing? Would be a 1 hour connection in either airport, the I'd prefer the DFW because it gets us in earlier and we have a 2 hour drive after we land.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by tubulus
EWR-PHX changed on saturdays from 3 flights to two (both at bad times, early am and late afternoon). Really screws up my plans! I could have booked United flight weeks ago but now it's 2x the price, so I'm probably stuck connecting in DFW or CLT. I have not taken a connecting flight in over a decade and didn't intend to start now. So, what's the chance they lose our bags on the connection, is that still a thing? Would be a 1 hour connection in either airport, the I'd prefer the DFW because it gets us in earlier and we have a 2 hour drive after we land.
For 2020 (so a bit out of date), AA had a rate of mishandling 0.597% of pieces of luggage checked with them. So, the chance is definitely small, but no one can say it's impossible.

Also note, for 2020, AA was the worst of all airlines at mishandling luggage.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:51 am

Small sample size, but wonder if AA is playing around the the Charlotte banks heading into the summer. Previously I had several 35-minute connections in CLT. In fact, I found many 35-minute connections when I was looking at flights across a bunch of routings. Now, those are gone. (Again YMMV... just my observation).
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by spanishflea
LAX-MIA down to one wide body per day now
AA is short widebodies in their projected schedule and they need them for what they hope to be a somewhat normalized Europe travel season. AA has also introduced some ultra long range routes that require two aircraft. Couple that with the lack of 787 deliveries and you have what we have.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:18 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tubulus
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
For 2020 (so a bit out of date), AA had a rate of mishandling 0.597% of pieces of luggage checked with them. So, the chance is definitely small, but no one can say it's impossible.

Also note, for 2020, AA was the worst of all airlines at mishandling luggage.
AA is still "worst" as of November 21 @ 0.648% (6 mishandled out of 1,000 bags) - https://www.transportation.gov/sites...022%20ATCR.pdf
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
We have just been hit with the cancellation of our LAX to RNO flight in April and have now been rebooked via PHX.

Is it possible to cancel this booking with no penalty as it now does not suit us? There is a direct flight on DL we would much prefer to take.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:32 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmacconnacher
We have just been hit with the cancellation of our LAX to RNO flight in April and have now been rebooked via PHX.

Is it possible to cancel this booking with no penalty as it now does not suit us? There is a direct flight on DL we would much prefer to take.
Was it a non-stop changed to a connection? If so, yes you are eligible for a refund based on what you describe. Go to AA Twitter if there is a long hold time.

Alternatively you should be able to "Self-serve" but taking screenshot of current reservation (for your records), cancel the reservation, and then going to https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...nd-refunds.jsp to request a refund and put into comments booked non-stop but AA scheduled changed and added a connection.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by seawolf
Was it a non-stop changed to a connection? If so, yes you are eligible for a refund based on what you describe. Go to AA Twitter if there is a long hold time.

Alternatively you should be able to "Self-serve" but taking screenshot of current reservation (for your records), cancel the reservation, and then going to https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...nd-refunds.jsp to request a refund and put into comments booked non-stop but AA scheduled changed and added a connection.
Great, thanks for the information. We were originally booked direct LAX - RNO but we have been rebooked LAX - PHX - RNO, arriving three hours later than originally booked.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by jmacconnacher

Any time a non-stop turns into a connection, you get a free cancel.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Had an email today from BA (because that's who I booked with) of a minor schedule change on ORD-LHR AA operated flight for 24th May
Yeah, we are flying PHL-VCE at the end of May and they tweaked that flight by a few minutes. I'm guessing AA is finalizing the widebody schedule for May first. No changes to our inbound connections (meeting friends in PHL to make the flight) yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.