Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Business Plus???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
No, it does not. Nor does Flagship Business allow Flagship First Dining. 😢

Looks like AA may be planning to bring its transcon service in line with DL, B6 and others, offering Business Class only, with the ability to pay more for the former First Class seats (marketed as Business Plus), but offering Business meal service. I believe AA is the only carrier currently offering differentiated First and Business class products in the transcon markets. The old explanation used to be that there were lucrative entertainment industry contracts on the transcon routes that mandated 3-class First Class service for clients (celebs). I suspect those contracts are not as lucrative or prevalent in the pandemic era.

Maybe (just speculating) Flagship First going away on the transcon routes, and the only place where true Flagship First will exist anymore is longhaul international on the 777-300....which during the pandemic is currently limited to select LHR and Deep South America flights, I believe.

Sad things, of course, are:
- loss of ability to upgrade from Business to First (except by paying cash or traveling as a non-rev/employee)
- loss of Flagship First Check-In
- loss of Flagship First Dining
This is exactly what I was thinking when I ask the question. They maybe planing to do away with 3-class. However they are still selling a class called Premier. So, what are they going to throw in to justify a few hundred dollar price difference?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
This is exactly what I was thinking when I ask the question. They maybe planing to do away with 3-class. However they are still selling a class called Premier. So, what are they going to throw in to justify a few hundred dollar price difference?
1-1 seating vs. 2-2.
ESpen36, ysolde and aquanine like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hyperspace
I honestly think the roundtrip price going from $4800 to about $2k is really nice and more appropriate for what you get. I really hope they keep at least access to the flagship lounge? I can't imagine that was the main cause of the original F fare being that expensive?

Yes, I'm sure you would still get Flagship Lounge access.. What is unclear is whether it would include Flagship First Check-In or Dining.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hyperspace
I honestly think the roundtrip price going from $4800 to about $2k is really nice and more appropriate for what you get. I really hope they keep at least access to the flagship lounge? I can't imagine that was the main cause of the original F fare being that expensive?
Do you mean FFD? FL is already included with regular Business.

Also big question: Will they keep the higher end soft product (extra course, plated courses, etc.)??
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Also big question: Will they keep the higher end soft product (extra course, plated courses, etc.)??
"Higher end"
EuropeanPete and BlooJoo like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antarius
"Higher end"
I almost put the quotes myself, haha! But it is something that can be removed.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: aa, ua, delta, southwest
I just booked SFO to JFK about an hour ago, itinerary shows Class: First.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm afraid don't see this as a good move from a frequent flyer perspective. The prices shown in the OP are deepest discount. I'm sure we'll see much higher fares just as soon as demand returns - pricing on the t-cons is as low as I've ever seen right now, with cheapest J fares at $539 OW and Systemwides to J and F abundantly available. I'm sure AA hopes to return to $1800 for J and $2500 for F (or "Business Premier") one-way just as soon as they can.

It will further degrade value of SWU for me, and I am definitely concerned about the potential/likely loss of FFD on the t-cons, which remains one of the very few aspirational experiences in domestic US flying.
EuropeanPete and JALOO5-Flyer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alolewis
I just booked SFO to JFK about an hour ago, itinerary shows Class: First.
But what did it say at time of booking on the site?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Flagship business "big front seat"
PTahCha, vasantn, jcatman and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: EXPLT
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
But what did it say at time of booking on the site?
I booked 3 and they all say:

class: first
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
First no more first class on the a321T soon to follow no more international first class on the 77W. Pay $400 extra to sit in row 1 or 2. It’s a beautiful day. 😎
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by b74l
I booked 3 and they all say:

class: first
Look at post 3 in this thread. Did it look like that, or did the top of the column say "First"?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:00 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
My guess is that they are eliminating F on the A321T so that they can start refitting the A321T fleet as the A321XLRs that start arriving in 2023. I expect they would refit them the same so that an XLR could replace a T on a domestic mission.
CLT and LupineChemist like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Change has rolled out to non-USA sites as well:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.