Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Business Plus???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Talking

Originally Posted by _kurt
Now there’s an ancillary revenue idea. Hail an FA via an Uber-like app when you need a refill. $10 if you’re in 1C, $40 if you’re in 4F. It’s distance-based after all. Just don’t ask me about the surge pricing…
Like when the FAs are blocking the front with the cart for the pilots to pee? Usually in tandem, plus stretching, chatting and making coffee, so if you really have to go, you gotta go to the back... that kind of surge pricing?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA
It's the A321T flights that are affected (SNA - JFK, SFO - JFK, etc.). I'm guessing we'll see an announcement soon. Benefits probably include FFD, but same menu as business class.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by golfer20
It's the A321T flights that are affected (SNA - JFK, SFO - JFK, etc.). I'm guessing we'll see an announcement soon. Benefits probably include FFD, but same menu as business class.
I wonder if it's also about limiting FA "touchpoints" in meal service for covid reasons? See the APFA publication from today asking for reduced service on board with the Omicron wave.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder about LAX-MIA on 77W aircraft sold with three classes of service.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
if you really have to go, you gotta go to the back... that kind of surge pricing?
No, you’re thinking of purge pricing.
vasantn, Antarius and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
- loss of Flagship First Dining
Would they kill off FFD then? There are only 20 77Ws in the fleet with 8 seats each.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Definitively looks like it. IT may have a test site that's accidentally gone live.

So... Flagship Premier Dining, anyone? If real, I really do think this is a good move by AA, as the pricing better represents a reasonable value increment from business to first.
There's a phrase you don't hear very often.....
wrp96 and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Hopefully you're right. I've got a handful of JFK-SFO F flights later this year and was looking forward to FFD (pretty much the only reason I'll book F over J on this route). Isn't it pretty much the same menu onboard already, minus a soup course and slightly better wine list.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Would they kill off FFD then? There are only 20 77Ws in the fleet with 8 seats each.
Or maybe Flagship First Dining becomes a value-added, buy-up offering for passengers in the Flagship Lounge. Like an extra $150 per person, or for up to 2 people.....there are ways it could be monetized. (like Cathay Pacific is currently doing with its Heathrow T3 lounge to get some ancillary revenue from the OW partners whose elites enter the lounge, despite not operating any actual Cathay flights to/from the airport).
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
There's a phrase you don't hear very often.....
I know it's it not. If AA cut / diminished the A321Ts, or got rid of FFD, then decision is much less good.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Hopefully you're right. I've got a handful of JFK-SFO F flights later this year and was looking forward to FFD (pretty much the only reason I'll book F over J on this route). Isn't it pretty much the same menu onboard already, minus a soup course and slightly better wine list.

-FlyerBeek
Well, if you paid for those tickets, you might want to rebook those trips to capitalize on what seems like a substantial price drop.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I know it's it not. If AA cut / diminished the A321Ts, or got rid of FFD, then decision is much less good.
I really wouldn't put it past AA, however. The A321T service is really the only thing AA still does better than DL and UA.

-FlyerBeek
Fraser, wrp96, ysolde and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:41 pm

Well, if you paid for those tickets, you might want to rebook those trips to capitalize on what seems like a substantial price drop.
Thanks, but they were heavily discounted J fares upgraded with a BXP1. Worst case, I'm just out the negligible value of a BXP1 (which I usually just view as a FFD entry cert, anyways).

In any case, it's far too early to get bothered by this until we see what AA's actual intentions are regarding this possible change.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
I honestly think the roundtrip price going from $4800 to about $2k is really nice and more appropriate for what you get. I really hope they keep at least access to the flagship lounge? I can't imagine that was the main cause of the original F fare being that expensive?
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Sad, could be the end of an era. Like many I'm wondering what happens to FFD. Also wondering about how they're going to price my Airpass tickets.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.