Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding My Options (IAD-VCE)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by askias
Hey folks, just a question update on this.

After ticketing our flights, we decided to change our departure date, and leave one day earlier. The same flights and seats were available on BA, so I didn't think it was a big deal. However, the ticket has been stuck "on request" for the last three weeks or so since making the change. I've called AA four different times, all with the same response, they will get to it when the right office decides to process the change. Calling BA only yields, we can do nothing since AA has yet issued you a ticket. Feel stuck in limbo with this, and wondering if others have had this experience, and if there is anything I can do. Thanks!
Annoying but really nothing to worry about, some recent reports as well of BA award tickets getting hung up in "on request"...

Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
askias likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Starwood
So annoying, but thanks for the update!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Have you looked into finding seats on Royal Air Maroc? They are flying IAD-CMN and also fly CMN-VCE with some very reasonable fares. There may be award availability too.

I am feeling as if RAM is the Oneworld Version of Turkish.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Have you looked into finding seats on Royal Air Maroc? They are flying IAD-CMN and also fly CMN-VCE with some very reasonable fares. There may be award availability too.

I am feeling as if RAM is the Oneworld Version of Turkish.
I can't speak to paid fares, but AA's third region transit routing rules would prohibit IAD-CMN-VCE on a single award.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I can't speak to paid fares, but AA's third region transit routing rules would prohibit IAD-CMN-VCE on a single award.
Damn. OK, FWIW, if there is a blow up with the OPs award, this could be an alternate if they really want to go but opt to pay.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Not anymore: Morocco is now within AAdvantage's "Europe" region.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ward-chart.jsp

(Scroll down to "Region Definitions.")
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by askias
I totally get that there isn't much about being in biz on the short haul, but quality of life of being on first, and off first.
This is an understatement. There is really nothing in intra Europe business other than the blocked middle seat. The flight is so short.

If two of you in your group is in business you can board all together. I don't think the GA will say anything about the 3rd person in economy.

On arrival, you have to wait for bags, so there is not really much benefit of getting off first.

Anyway. Good luck.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
You realize that BA European business is nothing more than an empty middle seat and you get served a salad. Same seat as coach - they move the curtain to adjust demand.

However, if you are Emerald - my preference is an exit row seat in Economy rather than a tight seat with just an empty middle,
guv1976, aztimm and carlosdca like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by guv1976
Not anymore: Morocco is now within AAdvantage's "Europe" region.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ward-chart.jsp

(Scroll down to "Region Definitions.")
Thanks for the correction! Given the monolithic nature of the rewards chart re:Africa, it's probably not the worst way to handle it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.