Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Old Mar 21, 22, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Any update on the previous stays? How long did they take to post?
Nothing yet. My last two checkouts were on the 6th for a 1-night stay (6K miles) and the 11th for a 5-night stay (27K miles). So it's been 15 and 10 calendar days respectively.
nk15 likes this.

Last edited by vasantn; Mar 21, 22 at 7:25 am
Old Mar 21, 22, 6:51 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Rocket Miles:

I had a few stays i made for team members - 6, 7, 9, 12 check out dates...and NO miles yet.

Only 1 had a "you will see your miles by X" date email sent to me.

All show pending on the RM website
Old Mar 21, 22, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post
Rocket Miles:

I had a few stays i made for team members - 6, 7, 9, 12 check out dates...and NO miles yet.

Unfortunately (AFAIK), there is no way to do such a lookup on the BAAH website, as they don't let you set up an account.
psusaver and jediwho like this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Rocket Miles:

On RM, were you able to add names for your team members on the booking?
Old Mar 21, 22, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EP
Yes guest name can be different from AA account holder / credit card holder.
Old Mar 21, 22, 5:37 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
On RM, were you able to add names for your team members on the booking?

Yes, the whole reason why i switched from hotels.com to RM. (I wouldve went to Bookaa, but you cant do this). I book ~300 nights a year for others
Old Mar 21, 22, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes, the whole reason why i switched from hotels.com to RM. (I wouldve went to Bookaa, but you cant do this). I book ~300 nights a year for others
While no guidance has been given for CK under the new LP, my sense is that someone who generates a million LP a year would be up for a CK invitation.
Old Mar 22, 22, 2:30 am

I've booked three stays, checked out on March 7, all that said "Your miles will appear by March 21, 2022" -- I called Rocket Miles and the agent escalated to her supervisor saying they should have posted long ago. Will report back.

I also booked a stay on BookAA that was checked out 9 days ago and still no miles. Will report back after Tuesday evening.
Old Mar 22, 22, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
Rocket Miles:

Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
Yes guest name can be different from AA account holder / credit card holder.
Interesting! Are we talking primary or secondary? I wonder what AAs thoughts are on this. It is akin to a shopping portal, where the purchaser gets the miles? Or a flight, which must be flown by the AA member?
psusaver likes this.
Old Mar 22, 22, 8:25 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Booked a stay on March 11th-12th, and the AA miles haven't posted still. I called up rocketmail yesterday and they said they have sent it, "will take some more time, prob 10 days for it to appear". My rocketmiles account is alao brand new so maybe your account needs to be confirmed with AAA
Old Mar 22, 22, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by psusaver View Post
Booked a stay on March 11th-12th, and the AA miles haven't posted still. I called up rocketmail yesterday and they said they have sent it, "will take some more time, prob 10 days for it to appear". My rocketmiles account is alao brand new so maybe your account needs to be confirmed with AAA
I'm in a similar situation where I created a new Rocketmiles account at the beginning of March for a one night stay with check out on March 10. Miles haven't posted yet. Will call RM on Friday if they still haven't posted.
psusaver likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Apparently the late-posting problem for Rocketmiles is system-wide, or at least not related to whether your account is new. I set up an account in 2015 and had one stay that year. No stays since then until early this month (March 2022), when I did a one-night stay for 3000 miles (plus the 2000-mile RM boost, because I did not yet know that those would not count as base miles) and then a two-night stay for 10K miles. Both at hotels in Bangkok, in case that matters. RM sent me emails after each stay was completed saying when the miles would post: March 18 and March 20 respectively. But none of the miles have posted to my AAdvantage account, and my RM account now lists the miles for both stays as "pending". I have also had several stays using bookaahotels.com -- I started using this site instead of Rocketmiles, notwithstanding the amazingly bad interface, once I learned that both sets of bookaahotels boosts do count as base miles, so much better miles/dollar ratio if you can actually find a hotel there -- for a total of 22.5K miles, and none of these have posted either. But the bookaahotels FAQs say their miles will take six to eight weeks to post.
psusaver, jediwho, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun View Post
Apparently the late-posting problem for Rocketmiles is system-wide, or at least not related to whether your account is new. I set up an account in 2015 and had one stay that year. No stays since then until early this month (March 2022), when I did a one-night stay for 3000 miles (plus the 2000-mile RM boost, because I did not yet know that those would not count as base miles) and then a two-night stay for 10K miles. Both at hotels in Bangkok, in case that matters. RM sent me emails after each stay was completed saying when the miles would post: March 18 and March 20 respectively. But none of the miles have posted to my AAdvantage account, and my RM account now lists the miles for both stays as "pending". I have also had several stays using bookaahotels.com -- I started using this site instead of Rocketmiles, notwithstanding the amazingly bad interface, once I learned that both sets of bookaahotels boosts do count as base miles, so much better miles/dollar ratio if you can actually find a hotel there -- for a total of 22.5K miles, and none of these have posted either. But the bookaahotels FAQs say their miles will take six to eight weeks to post.
No one seems to have received miles from either company (both are owned by booking.com) since very early March. I have a feeling they're trying to fix the promo miles loophole. I'm waiting for 33K miles to post from May 6 and May 11.
jediwho and nk15 like this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
No one seems to have received miles from either company (both are owned by booking.com) since very early March. I have a feeling they're trying to fix the promo miles loophole. .
It certainly seems like that to my cynical mind. Or waiting until after the bonanza of spring and Easter vacation $$ to drop the bomb on everyone.
Old Mar 24, 22, 8:43 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; AZ: Premium; JX: Insighter; NH: Plat; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Before I and others switched to RM and other miles-earning services, how was the timing of receiving RDMs? Might they be doing the old fashioned "run the tape once a month and ship it off to the partner" timing?

Search this Thread