Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Old Sep 15, 22, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
It appears that BAAH has went back up from $40/2,000 LPs to $50/2,000.
Old Sep 15, 22, 11:36 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dougwhitaker13 View Post
It appears that BAAH has went back up from $40/2,000 LPs to $50/2,000.
Will be waiting for it to go down and not booking anything for the time being.
tlglenn, dougwhitaker13 and nk15 like this.
Old Sep 15, 22, 3:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully make a multi room booking on BAAH lately? Im still getting the weird issue where the checkout page just scrolls to the top without an error message.
I had this problem a couple days ago. Tried multiple browsers on 2 different computers. Super frustrating! Finally ended up making 2 bookings on Rocketmiles but got 2000 miles less than I would have been able to score with baah had it worked as expected.
Old Sep 15, 22, 6:30 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by GVA View Post
Will be waiting for it to go down and not booking anything for the time being.
Just finished my last bookings for EXP, to compensate for the giftcard reduction, that short window was valuable...
Old Sep 16, 22, 12:50 pm

as messed up as my recent reservation was for checking in to a recent BAAH hotel, I gotta say the posting of my BAAH points was SHOCKINGLY fast after checkout from what I was expecting. I got my points 7 calendar days from recent checkout, but NOT backdated to the date I actually reserved the hotel which was months ago. They appeared on aa.com with the checkin date, not the booking date.
Antarius and jamabam like this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 8:04 pm

Location: CP-ASEL,AMEL,G-IA in Tucson, Arizona, United States
Had my BAAH points post today four days after checkout with the check-in date as the transaction date.
Old Sep 17, 22, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post
….. My experiences have varied wildly on this point.
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Status will definitely not be honored except by accident.
Hello, looking for input on this issue. Specifically wondering (as a HHonors Diamond) if I would get Exec Lounge access and a night stay credit at the Hilton T4 at Heathrow if I book one of the Rocketmiles or BookAAHotel rates.

Thanks for thoughts/experiences.
Old Sep 21, 22, 9:33 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA Plat, Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by LittleBird View Post
Interesting you're having the same issue as I, nothing from Twitter, direct email and email message from their website. Extremely poor customer service.
Finally got a reply from RM yesterday, 11 days after I sent it.
"Good day! We apologize for the late response as we are receiving a high volumes of emails and we are trying the best that we can to respond to each of the email being sent to us."
No reply to my direct Twitter message or direct message on website.
Old Sep 22, 22, 1:57 pm

I have never booked with Rocketmiles so need a little help.

On the payment page it states

1 night $89 plus $15.13 in taxes and fees giving a Grand total of $104.13
then below it has 3 different fees and taxes totaling the above $15.13 but SAYS PAID AT CHECK-IN

What is the true cost and who gets paid what when and where. If its $104.15 to Rockets miles and another $15.13 at the hotel its not a good deal and a little misleading.

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anc305 View Post

then below it has 3 different fees and taxes totaling the above $15.13 but SAYS PAID AT CHECK-IN

What is the true cost and who gets paid what when and where. If its $104.15 to Rockets miles and another $15.13 at the hotel its not a good deal and a little misleading.

Thanks
I've asked the same Q above and am not sure. I assume it's bad phrasing as the exact same amount of tax wouldn't be collected by Rocketmiles AND the hotel directly. But would like to hear actual experience.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA Plat, Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
I've asked the same Q above and am not sure. I assume it's bad phrasing as the exact same amount of tax wouldn't be collected by Rocketmiles AND the hotel directly. But would like to hear actual experience.
Originally Posted by anc305 View Post

Thanks
I've had two nights in a property like this. It seems to be bad phrasing as I was only ever charged the grand total price and not the extras that it said on checkin. My card was billed for the grand total as well. Wasn't asked for a cc upon checkin or checkout either.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:25 pm

thanks
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LittleBird View Post
I've had two nights in a property like this. It seems to be bad phrasing as I was only ever charged the grand total price and not the extras that it said on checkin. My card was billed for the grand total as well. Wasn't asked for a cc upon checkin or checkout either.
Thanks!

I have a couple of bookings for the future that have this. Card charged for the full amount but wasn't sure how it was going to go down at check in. Good to hear.
Old Sep 27, 22, 7:44 pm

Received new promo in the email. However likely to be the same as the Labor day promo where the bonus miles dont count towards Loyalty Points.

Qualifying Activity: This offer is limited to Rocketmiles customers. To be eligible for this promotion, the hotel reservation must be booked for two or more nights, via the Rocketmiles website using this promotional link (www.rocketmiles.com/rec-destinations) or via the Rocketmiles mobile app with promo code "rec-destinations'' by 11:59 PM CT on October 11, 2022. Stay must be completed to earn the bonus. Bonus only applies to eligible properties marked on the search results. Eligibility can change at any time. The bonus does not apply to Booking.com properties. Limited to Rocketmiles customers who receive this offer communication and subject to investigation post-purchase. Limit one per customer. Limit one per stay. Promotional offer cannot be applied to existing bookings or retroactively applied to bookings not made using the link above. This promotional offer cannot be combined with any other offers, including a sign-up from referral bonus. Rocketmiles reserves the right to retract a bonus at any time if it detects technical errors, cancel/rebooking activity (defined by identical search criteria), or any deceptive behavior attempted to circumvent the limits expressed above, including multiple accounts. Please allow 2 weeks for bonus miles to post in a qualifying member's account after hotel stay is completed and the qualifying member has met the stated conditions.
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:29 am

Programs: American Airlines: Platinum, Hilton Honors: Gold, Hyatt: Discoverist
Offering two quick datapoints.
Both of these stays were booked with Rocketmiles.

Stay #1: September 9-11th. Miles/Loyalty points posted September 16th.
Stay #2: September 17th-18th. Miles/Loyalty points Miles posted September 23rd.
This second stay was at a Hilton property which I have status with. While they said I would not earn points/stays with HHonors since it was booked with an outside vendor, they did give me a room upgrade (to a city-view room) and the free water/snacks that come with HH Gold.
dougwhitaker13 and LovePrunes like this.

Search this Thread