Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Old Mar 12, 22, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
I'm having this same issue. I definitely entered my AA number in the reservation during booking, but I'm getting the same "there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward" message.

The "Add AAdvantage Number" button in the reservation on Rocketmiles.com and in the confirmation email won't accept it either.

So I tried it one more time - this time entering the AA number all in lower case (no capital letters). It accepted it that way.

Go figure.
vasantn and Mbethy like this.

Last edited by bse118; Mar 12, 22 at 9:21 pm Reason: solved it i think
Old Mar 13, 22, 10:35 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Does anyone know if a maximum annual LP from RocketMiles is applicable?

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 22, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Today is the 6th (calendar) day; still no posting. It should show up by Monday.
I am on day 10 as of today and no miles have posted yet.
Old Mar 14, 22, 1:15 am

For either BookAA or Rocketmiles, do you get a receipt that can be turned in on an expense report? Itemized, showing the charge, etc. Or a folio from Marriott type.
Old Mar 14, 22, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Wyndham & Caesars Diamond,
I had two stays in the last month and both times, I got an email on checkout day from Rocketmiles stating "thank you for your stay, you earned XX AAdvantage Miles, To account XXXXXXX and they would post miles by XX date.
For a checkout on March 5, the email said my miles would post by March 19, for the checkout of March 8, they said posting by March 22

The Headers for both emails read " Your XXXXXX AAdvantage Miles are On Their Way"
Old Mar 15, 22, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
I am on day 10 as of today and no miles have posted yet.
Yeah, I'm on day 4 after my most recent checkout and day 9 after the one before that. No joy yet. I have 33K miles hanging in the balance!! I have no doubt I'll get them but I'm still nervous about how they'll post.

All my stays in February posted exactly 3 calendar days after checkout.
Old Mar 15, 22, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah, I'm on day 4 after my most recent checkout and day 9 after the one before that. No joy yet. I have 33K miles hanging in the balance!! I have no doubt I'll get them but I'm still nervous about how they'll post.

All my stays in February posted exactly 3 calendar days after checkout.
Mine posted today -- Day 12 after checkout. The booking was through bookaahotels.com. All points, including the 2,000 point boost posted as LP.
vasantn, murphy, nk15 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 15, 22, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine posted today -- Day 12 after checkout. The booking was through bookaahotels.com. All points, including the 2,000 point boost posted as LP.
Glad to hear that. 😅🤞
Old Mar 15, 22, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Does anyone know if the CSR travel credit triggers off of bookaahotels? Could be any easy way to get some miles without actually having to pay for it.
Old Mar 15, 22, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 View Post
Does anyone know if the CSR travel credit triggers off of bookaahotels? Could be any easy way to get some miles without actually having to pay for it.
How is that not having to pay for it? Do you not have $300 in travel expenses in a year?
Old Mar 15, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
How is that not having to pay for it? Do you not have $300 in travel expenses in a year?
Not that doesn't get paid for. I only fly AA and it's work funded, same with lodging and car rental. I can use the AMEX for WiFi on the plane. I live on a tropical island so I don't have to go visit family they come visit me.
Old Mar 15, 22, 3:00 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Did any of you who got LPs from bookAAhotels.com got any emails at any point saying that the miles have been earned and are coming, after checkout?
Old Mar 15, 22, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Did any of you who got LPs from bookAAhotels.com got any emails at any point saying that the miles have been earned and are coming, after checkout?
RocketMiles apparently sends such emails but I've never received one from BAAH (6 stays).
nk15 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 22, 5:22 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
RocketMiles apparently sends such emails but I've never received one from BAAH (6 stays).
Ok, this is good, thanks!
Old Mar 16, 22, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
You get an email after the miles post on every Tuesday evening.....so if your miles posted on Wednesday, you will get an email from bookaa next Tuesday that xxx miles posted to your AA account for specific dates.
nk15 likes this.

Search this Thread