Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What meals should I expect on my JFK-MIA flight, if any.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:55 am
Original Poster

I hope this is the right place to post.
but I am flying from jfk to Miami and the website says there’s breakfast.
what are the breakfast options, and if their bad , should I switch to a flight with a lunch meal?
thanks
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Breakfast and lunch are equally bad. All options will be cold. Breakfast will probably be something like a choice of yogurt and fruit or a turkey and cheese sandwich. Lunch would be a choice between a turkey sandwich or cheese sandwich, or possibly a salad. Here's the thread that discusses domestic meals. 2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Tedfred404
what are the breakfast options, and if their bad , should I switch to a flight with a lunch meal?
thanks
Hahaha.

Never, ever (ever) adjust your schedule or flight choice on AA solely due to what meal you may or may not get onboard. For a domestic flight like this regardless of whether it's breakfast or lunch or dinner your choices will range from something that's just meh to downright disgusting. See the consolidated thread that wrp linked above for examples.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Personally I would re-schedule to the flight that is serving Filet, Lobster, and Champagne.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
During the past 2 weeks I had 2 breakfast flights. Both were the same, choice of smoked salmon plate (was pretty decent) or egg salad sandwich. I only had one lunch flight, it was turkey sandwich or cranberry grain salad. I would actually take the breakfast over the lunch if those remain the same.
jcatman and Lefly like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
thanks
Interesting. I have never considered selecting a flight based on we as what food was served
awayIgo likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
You know it's bad when a poster says "if any".

This is what AA has done to customer's expectations.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Personally I would re-schedule to the flight that is serving Filet, Lobster, and Champagne.
​​​​​​It seems like one would need a time machine to do that -- and then fly a Northeast Yellowbird:

https://images.app.goo.gl/gSVpsaVas2bgNsew7

Or Delta, circa 1972:

https://blog.terischure.com/whatever...agne-in-coach/

Last edited by guv1976; Jan 11, 2022 at 10:40 am
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
thanks
one flys from point A to point b to get from point a to point b, not for the the inflight food.

Just get on the plane, and either have a great meal of YOUR choosing , either before or after. Onboard, all you will get is inedible, and would be determined as basura, by someone who would rather starve.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Have done several non premium transcon flights over the past couple weeks and choices have been the same.

Breakfast: Small piece of salmon with boiled egg OR croissant with egg salad

Lunch/Dinner: Caprese sandwich or the infamous turkey sandwich
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Interesting. I have never considered selecting a flight based on we as what food was served
I've been doing this for 20 years, no matter how good or bad the food was. Pre-covid, if the rotation bad better lunch options, I booked lunch flights. Or, better dinner options, I booked dinner flights. And, every so often, I'd purposely book a breakfast flight if omelets were on the rotation. I used to look at the pre-order options too before booking.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:59 pm

In the 90s, AA transcon J served a steak that is actually good. But over the years I learn not to expect anything on domestic flights. Now my routine is eat a nice meal at the lounge, take a dump, ask for a bottle of water after boarding and go to sleep. I will wake up refreshed for my next meal.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Back in the Early 2010's, I would make sure to do return trips on my Transcon escapades on AA180 which flew from LAX at 4pm and arrived in JFK at midnight strictly for the steak dinners that were par for the course on the flights in J. I would do that over earlier flights for the meal and experience itself.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
I would argue that breakfast could potentially be better, because there is a chance that you'll get the smoked salmon and bagel, which is decent, but I wouldn't use that even as a tiebreaker. I would instead hold out for Bobby Vans and/or one of the priority pass restaurants at MIA, which are decent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.