Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
AA.com says 6:30a-10p. Website has been pretty accurate on club hours throughout all the changes.
thanks 🙏🏻
Old May 2, 2022, 6:52 pm

The egg salad sandwich is great. Have you ever had the food on the regular AC? It’s way grosser
robertablake likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Was it previously reported that there’s an admirals club service center at B9…they have food and drinks
Old May 3, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by donotblink
Was it previously reported that there’s an admirals club service center at B9…they have food and drinks
This must be new. Thanks for sharing, will check it out on Friday if my flight is out of B.

Now, all AA needs to do is give beepers to the AC members who are waiting in line to get into the B club. Then they can hang out in this B service center until they are beeped.
keyw likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
The egg salad sandwich is great. Have you ever had the food on the regular AC? It’s way grosser

Old May 4, 2022, 12:44 pm

Just the fact all the prepared food in the kiosk is sealed (vs open buffet style in the AC) makes it an improvement!
Old May 4, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by robertablake
Actually, the egg salad sandwiches are not that bad, certainly better than most the sandwiches AA had been offering in FC.
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
Originally Posted by ntamayo
Just the fact all the prepared food in the kiosk is sealed (vs open buffet style in the AC) makes it an improvement!
I actually enjoy a good egg salad sandwich (I might get one every few months from Pret -- their egg salad baguette is nice). So, fine, I will give this a shot next time.

But have you actually done the make your own Italian sandwich at the B club? As long as they have all the condiments, it's really good! Ham, salami, swiss, provy, (really good) giardiniera, guac, dijon mustard... A solid bite.

(And in my book, the self-serve buffet is a bonus, even if people do gross things to buffets sometimes. Gas station sandwiches, unlike gas station tacos, just aren't appetizing!)
ajamieson likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by CMK10
Furthermore, in the afternoon and early evening priority space is reserved for Lufthansa passengers
So you're telling me an international airline has made specific arrangements for its premium customers to have access to a lounge ahead of a long-haul flight? How curious. I'm sure I read elsewhere on this thread that such an arrangement (very common around the world) was totally unreasonable if not outright impossible for AA at CLT.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
My wife and I stopped at this new temporary service area yesterday as our gate was B11. We were only ones in there besides a couple AA AC agents, but we were there for just 15 minutes. They do not have any tables or chairs, and the grab-and-go items were more limited then the upstairs service center. It was still convenient to grab something to drink (coffee, tea, juice, water, soda) and eat (sandwich, fruit, snacks)

​​​​One of the agents told me they will be moving this temporary service area around the B terminal as they are redoing some of the gates. Also said the C-D AC is scheduled to reopen at the end of June.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Excruciating experience in B club

I got into the B club today, but I regret going.

My trip to LaGuardia on the NYC subway was more pleasant.

The B club was packed, with:

1. A drunk woman right next to me, yelling on her speakerphone (at full blast on speaker) about all of the Champagne that she had on board.

2. A guy on the other side of me, sneezing.

3. People at the bar yelling at the TV.

Unbearable. The crowds would be ok if AA would at least enforce some of the noise limitations.
Markie and chrisny2 like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've been lucky with waits as I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes or so to get in. But yesterday thanks to east coast weather almost everything was delayed and this was the line

robertablake likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
The CLT B club is not worth any wait. I go straight to the temporary mezzanine place, which I quite like. The location is perfect for most connections. As long as you're not addicted to free, low quality booze it is very serviceable. It has never been crowded and I quite like the food selection, including the egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches. Very handy if you haven't been upgraded and want to grab something to eat on the flight. On my last visit they had Sun Chips which are my favorite. I would be happy if they kept this as an option even when the larger club reopens.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
The CLT B club is not worth any wait. I go straight to the temporary mezzanine place, which I quite like. The location is perfect for most connections. As long as you're not addicted to free, low quality booze it is very serviceable. It has never been crowded and I quite like the food selection, including the egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches. Very handy if you haven't been upgraded and want to grab something to eat on the flight. On my last visit they had Sun Chips which are my favorite. I would be happy if they kept this as an option even when the larger club reopens.
I agree. I have used the grab-and-go items several times for a lunch in FC on shorter flights that have no meal service. It's very convenient. Many of the AAngels there know me, so I can enjoy a good conversation with them before my flight. BTW, last 2 times I was there they told me the main AC is reopening at the end of June.
twa777 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:43 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
The Club - Alternative in A Pier

FWIW, a couple of weeks ago I had a flight out of CLT and went over to The Club before A21/A22. It was perhaps a 5 minute walk each way from the B pier. They do not have an alcohol license to serve yet...but they had nice finger food (order via an app with service to your seat), a machine that made espresso drinks and sodas in a fridge. It was perfectly pleasant and not overly crowded. In the future I'll likely leverage it for longer layovers where I have a flight going out of B gates.

A priority pass card is required for entry.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Swung by the B AC Memorial Day Monday. It took about 10 minutes to get in. A member of the staff said they hope the C Club will be open at the end of June but he expressed his doubts that this would happen.
keyw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.