Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Your flight changed. Please check back soon to see what changed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your flight changed. Please check back soon to see what changed.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:33 am

How long to wait?

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I have an itinerary that's still saying this two months after a 15 minute schedule adjustment.
AA schedule change was causing a misconnect at LHR, transferring from AA metal to BA. There are alternate award flights shown for the same travel date in early summer.
How long does one have to wait & keep checking back to see if AA has corrected the itinerary? Can’t their IT system effect a reschedule?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
AA schedule change was causing a misconnect at LHR, transferring from AA metal to BA. There are alternate award flights shown for the same travel date in early summer.
How long does one have to wait & keep checking back to see if AA has corrected the itinerary? Can’t their IT system effect a reschedule?
Forever would be my prediction. AA's automated system has issues when other metal is involved. Realistically, you need to call to get it straightened out.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:46 pm

I have this as well. I already see the second leg of my PHL-DFW-HNL flight was pushed back about 90 minutes. That actually works to our advantage because the layover had been only 45 minutes until this change.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Sometimes AA IT can fix it if all AA metal and domestic. In our recent experience I had to talk to a human with AA on one schedule change, and UA fixed it without human interaction on a different one. Both international. Appreciate the twitter tip, its the only reason I have a twitter account and forgot to use it.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
There's another thread on this exact same topic that was never merged: Your Flight Changed - Check Back Soon

The sad fact is the AA IT sucks - plain and simple. If you have this 'condition' you have to speak with a call agent to re-ticket. No it doesn't make any sense. At all...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
AA should be ashamed of their technology. I tried calling—twice—but the automated system keeps trying to kick me to an agent in the middle of reading me my itinerary. They could send me an email asking me to confirm the change, ask me to confirm it through the app, or allow me to confirm it through the automated system. But no. Instead, I have to speak to a human. Only a 4 hour wait. Probably with other people ahead of me who could easily manage something online if AA actually had the 21st century system to handle it.
This is exactly what I said on the other thread. AA is way behind here. Totally agree they should be ashamed. The app and aa.com suck too.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Crandall always said that, if he had to choose, he'd sell the airline and keep Sabre. I think he'd add the AA Twitter team to his wishlist, as well. They really do a good job.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:51 am

I'm having this issue on a March flight. Weirdly, I can't select seats on the website (I'm in the seat I had picked prior to the schedule change, but every other seat is grey), but the seat map appears and works normally if I try to access it through the app. Haven't actually tried switching seats since I'm good with where I am, though. My flight is all AA, but is international, which may be the reason why it's glitched - but who knows.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyer703
This is exactly what I said on the other thread. AA is way behind here. Totally agree they should be ashamed. The app and aa.com suck too.
I haven't had the best experience with Delta either. They promised more advanced functionality, but then it does not work. For example, DL promises the capability to cancel online, except it NEVER works. Literally, I have tried to cancel 4 DL reservations and it never works -- says I must call. WN is the only airline whose online systems work consistently (probably because they keep it simple).
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:01 pm

3 segment itinerary (edit to add: purchased on the American web site) AS > AA > AA for March and I get this error message. I can see exactly what changed (one of the American flights changed and I'm okay with the change) but it doesn't give me the option to accept the change online. Called and spoke the words to the computer prompt to "accept the change" but then it routes me to a representative, for which there is a hold. Scheduled call back for later tonight.

I get it, schedules change, but this is now the fourth schedule we're working with for the trip on the way out.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyer703
AA IT is light years ahead of B6.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i had a couple of unacceptable schedule changes roll thru this weekend (sadly, they've really gutted service to HOU.) after two days, the "check back soon" message changed to "see what changed", and the app showed me the change, but only offered one option: "Got it"

had to call in. took 20 minutes to get the callback, but then had no trouble getting changed to sane flights at a coterminal airport (IAH). delta definitely wins here -- their web site can handle schedule change rebooking just fine, and is quite friendly with options..
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I had this on two of my award reservations. I know what the changes are and I'm totally fine with them. I called AA and spoke with a human and she "did" something to my reservations. The message on the website changed from "please check back later to see what changed" to "see what's changed" and it actually now shows me the change. Once I click through this, the message goes away.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
I got this message where all I could see that had changed was the flight number on one leg. It's possible that which Eagle subsidiary is flying the small plane connection changed, but I would have to go dig for the original confirmation email.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Happened to me--the OP--again just today on a flight I booked on Saturday. Got an email telling me to call. Time didn't change, but the flight number did. I had to speak to a human to say I was OK with that. Waste of my time and theirs. Unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.