PDBs Coming Back?

Old Feb 20, 22, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
No PDBs on AA2459 LAX-DFW today 20 Feb 22.

Also, no PDBs on JFK-SFO in J on AA177 on 16 Feb 2022

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 21, 22 at 12:10 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Feb 20, 22, 5:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Smile PDB PHL to SAN

PDB served on our flight. Great service by FA Valerie.
skylady likes this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Was offered one today on AA952 PHL-DFW - although this was B787 lie-flats, so while in theory the service is the same as regular F, maybe it's not.

Also on my connection, AA1771 DFW-PHL

I don't know if food was offered on 952 (I went to sleep pretty much right after takeoff and slept though what would have been the food service window) but it was a 2:45PM departure. 1771 departed at 7PM and had the choice of turkey or mozarella and pesto sandwiches, with salad, side of (I think) cottage cheese, and a brownie.

Last edited by redtop43; Feb 21, 22 at 1:50 pm
Old Feb 20, 22, 9:21 pm

My last 3 or 4 TCONs all had PDBs offered as a choice of orange juice or Champagne. Not sure if I'm imaging it, but the service on these recent flights were not only exemplary, but also with FAs smiling, offered and appeared happy to fetch my jacket and generally seemed enthused for doing their job checking frequently if anyone wanted anything additional during the flight.

What's going on? They were sent a new memo? Tired of doing nothing during the covid flights?
skylady, onanisland and banana0692 like this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 9:51 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON View Post
Also, no PDBs on JFK-SFO in J on AA177 on 16 Feb 2022
Ridiculous.
Spiff and platbrownguy like this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
hot entrees with desert and now PDB's....god these flight attendants must be so livid their galley chat time is being compromised.
My FA on today's flight was truly outstanding. She very candidly mentioned about PDBs and hot meals coming back recently (and said she did not mind either one) but said that "some flight attendants have a 'different philosophy' about [PDBs]." Weird, I had no idea that one's personal philosophy could override one's prescribed job duties. But then again, I don't have a large and powerful union to save me from not doing my job as directed.

Last edited by AADFW; Feb 20, 22 at 11:44 pm Reason: style/grammar/context
Old Feb 21, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: AA CK, 2 Million Miler
PDB and hot meal on CLT-LAX yesterday.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 21, 22, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
PDB on TPA-PHL yesterday. Great crew.

May be just chance but the crews I've had in the past couple of weeks seem particularly happy and upbeat
skylady likes this.
Old Feb 21, 22, 4:49 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
I flew PWM-LGA-SDF on DL this morning and it was covid-usual boring. The first leg was especially unhappy (6am flight on a CR9, the second leg was at least on a comfortable E75 in 1A). DL CR9 is uncomfortable even in F.

I forgot until just now I'm on AA for my return tonight, SDF-CLT-PWM. And then I remembered that PDBs are back. It's a Republic E75 then a mainline 320. I'm a little skeptical that I'll get one in the regional... but after a longass day it would sure be welcome. Wish me luck...
Old Feb 21, 22, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
No dice. After boarding completed with time to spare, I asked the FA... "Are you doing drinks?" She says "no, we're not doing them." I say, "I thought they came back on the 16th?" She says, "no, not on this plane. But I love a predeparture when I'm traveling! 20 minutes..." I said, "ok, fiiine... I was looking forward to it!" She said, "Yeah, I don't know why we're not doing them!"

All very friendly and I am not so booze-deprived that 20 minutes of screwing around on my phone without a drink will bother me, but a big at "I don't know why we're not doing them"... like, own it, you're lAAzy and hoping no one knows about PDBs.

ETA: 0 for 2. Boarded mainline CLT-PWM (thankfully towards the end) and initially rejoiced at the sight of cups in F pax's hands... when I asked for a Woodford, though, I was swiftly met with "water, OJ, or apple juice"

What is the point.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Feb 21, 22 at 7:34 pm
Old Feb 21, 22, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC SE100K, BA Silver, accidental DL FO, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, AmEx PLT
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
No dice. After boarding completed with time to spare, I asked the FA... "Are you doing drinks?" She says "no, we're not doing them." I say, "I thought they came back on the 16th?" She says, "no, not on this plane. But I love a predeparture when I'm traveling! 20 minutes..." I said, "ok, fiiine... I was looking forward to it!" She said, "Yeah, I don't know why we're not doing them!
I know it was announced that hot meals will return to regional later than mainline, but not sure why that would affect PDBs, unless they need time to add additional drinks to the catering carts, or something like that. I wonder whether the regional FAs have received the same directives as the mainline FAs.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
ETA: 0 for 2. Boarded mainline CLT-PWM (thankfully towards the end) and initially rejoiced at the sight of cups in F pax's hands... when I asked for a Woodford, though, I was swiftly met with "water, OJ, or apple juice"

What is the point.
The water/OJ PDB service has always been mystifying... I don't know where AA flight attendants ever got the idea that people want to sip fruit juice before their evening flights.

I've seen the water, red wine, white wine tray a few times over the years... that's more like it.
Old Feb 21, 22, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by metallo View Post
The water/OJ PDB service has always been mystifying... I don't know where AA flight attendants ever got the idea that people want to sip fruit juice before their evening flights.

I've seen the water, red wine, white wine tray a few times over the years... that's more like it.
Yeah. I've seen plenty of water/OJ/prosecco and water/wine... but I have only seen water/OJ a few times and IIRC only at breakfast times... not at 8pm on a quasi-holiday that I had to pull a 6am departure/11pm return on. Also tend to see that tray stuff more on legacy AA TCONs... this is a US A320. And even when those trays are out, I have had pretty good luck in getting something else. This totally caught me off guard. I sent in a note to Twitter to inquire.
Old Feb 22, 22, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
AA2767 SEA/DFW - Shots of water or OJ. Essentially the bare minimum.

AA2698 DFW/ABQ - full PDBs of whatever you wanted. Great FA.
Old Feb 22, 22, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
2 of 2 on 2/19 but both were morning flights. First PDBs Ive been offered in years.
skylady likes this.
Old Feb 22, 22, 10:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AC 50K, AT Gold, Hilton Diamond, National
MCO-DCA 2/22/22 - Full PDB service with a great FA who was clearly happy for service to be getting more back to normal.

skylady, AADFW and robertablake like this.

Search this Thread