Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

PDBs Coming Back?

PDBs Coming Back?

Old Nov 24, 22, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by metallo View Post
Were you expecting real glassware for a PDB?

Plastic is how it's always done (with the occasional exception of three-class transcon/INTL First).
Occasional is the operative word! I’ve see the wide range of actual wine / champagne glasses thru plastic or “we don’t do that” within the last nine months in full F.

From the past week:

11/14 BOS-ORD: OJ and water
11/15 ORD-BOS: same
11/18 JFK-BOS: full open bar (Eagle flight)
11/20 LHR-JFK F: standard three choices from the tumbler glassware. We then sat for about 45 minutes with nothing further (also happy I filled up my bottle)
11/20 JFK-BOS (Eagle): Full bar.
11/22 BOS-MIA: Water or OJ
11/22 MIA-EZE round 1 in F: OJ, water or Prosecco in the plastic cups. Nothing further when on the ground for an hour plus.
11/23 MIA-EZE round 2 in F: same as above. Also received a coffee on request.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
11/17 AA1376 BOS-LAX (A321T in J): Water/OJ/Champagne (yes, real champagne!) passed on tray.
11/17 AA2530 LAX-LAS (A321): No PDB. Instead, the FA took drink orders for once we were inflight.

11/21 AA1657 BOS-PHL (A321): Water/OJ passed on tray.
11/21 AA1393 PHL-PBI (A321): No PDB.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:33 am

ORD to CUN this morning, full drink menu offerings. I have had this FA on pure domestics and wasn’t great service but they are way better this flight, although stoic frown is always off-putting.
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
11/22 MIA-EZE round 1 in F: OJ, water or Prosecco in the plastic cups. Nothing further when on the ground for an hour plus.
11/23 MIA-EZE round 2 in F: same as above. Also received a coffee on request.
Okay I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this one out. You flew MIA-EZE-MIA-EZE over the course of one calendar day? Is there even an itinerary wherein that is possible? Your P2 flew a day before/after you and reported back? The 11/23 flight was actually the EZE-MIA return? lol help
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer View Post
Okay I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this one out. You flew MIA-EZE-MIA-EZE over the course of one calendar day? Is there even an itinerary wherein that is possible? Your P2 flew a day before/after you and reported back? The 11/23 flight was actually the EZE-MIA return? lol help
Time travel

We went mechanical on the evening of 11/22 after being delayed on the ground for about 2+ hours / plane for another 90 minutes. Then went out mid-day on the 23rd (after another ~90 minute delay).
Old Yesterday, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
11/25 AA2489 PBI-PHL (A321): No PDB but they were able to close the door and push 2 minutes early...
11/25 AA1874 PHL-BOS (A321): Full bar available followed by great service on this short flight!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Yesterday, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum, American Gold
11/19 CLT-SRQ Full PDB but was refused a double. In the air full service and then FA sat in the seat for 30 minutes playing what appeared to be Candy Crush. Only got up and picked up trash and offered refills after someone hit the call button....though that passenger was ignored.
Old Yesterday, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by metallo View Post
Were you expecting real glassware for a PDB?

Plastic is how it's always done (with the occasional exception of three-class transcon/INTL First).
I haven't flown F on AA in awhile (I usually fly in Y on AS/AA), so I actually didn't know! This makes sense for more efficient service and to save on glassware before taking off, though.

Last edited by LAX2DCA; Yesterday at 7:51 pm Reason: Added in quote.
Old Today, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, AA EXP, DL PM
11/23 AA 2455 BOS-LAX in FF on the A321T - Full PDB offered (why yes I did accept champagne before 6am), absolutely impeccable & attentive service thought the entire flight. Gave FAs the AA thank-you cards.

Search this Thread