Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA to LGA on 7 January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:26 pm

I live in the NY Metro area on LI. I would not cancel. 3-6" is not significant around here. This is an area that can process and move snow.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
I plan to see art and history museums. I also want to try local bars and eat great pie. That’s my thing.
Unless by "pie" you mean "pizza", New York is not a pie paradise. But you can find great pizza on practically every street corner in midtown.

I know guv1976 already suggested a pizzeria for you, but here's one that's a Brooklyn institution which has recently opened a couple of outposts in Manhattan within the Urbanspace food halls. There's one close to you:

Roberta's

Don't miss it!

As for local bars and eateries, stay west of 8th Avenue and away from all the touristy places. You can walk north on 9th Avenue and find dozens of places that might tickle your fancy. It's a very happening area.

I plan to take Lyft to hotel from LGA. My flight is due to arrive at LGA at 7:59 PM.
I've taken Uber/Lyft home from LGA probably 100 times. If it's a real busy time (weather, traffic, etc.) you can get crazy quotes like $180 (rare but does happen). Usually the fares come down to earth in 10-15 minutes.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for all the tips. I will keep my flight and hotel.

yes pizza pie. Pizza here in Dallas is crap. Can’t wait for good pie.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Keep the flight. If the flight leaves on time, great. If it cancels you can get a full refund, not just a credit. Even if you decide not to take the trip it's always better to wait to cancel until close to departure for that reason.

If current pricing is at or below your reserved price, cancel the hotel tonight and rebook tomorrow when you board the plane and are sure you'll need the room. As you say, it is likely you'll be able to do so and often can snag a cheaper rate on the day of arrival. Yes, you can probably call the front desk tomorrow and get out of the reservation but I prefer just to avoid the hassle.

And leave your CDC card at home. Too risky to lose it. Just take a picture and have that on your phone. Every place in NYC accepts that.
vasantn and enviroian like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
And leave your CDC card at home. Too risky to lose it. Just take a picture and have that on your phone. Every place in NYC accepts that.
Per the link I provided, a digital photo or a photocopy of the CDC card is acceptable proof.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the tips.
I would offer to meet up in person just for a quick drink, but unfortunately I won't be in town this weekend.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I'm local and not too fussed about this and neither should you...

Originally Posted by guv1976
Public schools will be open.
NYC could take a direct hit from a nuclear weapon and the schools would still be open
bgasser likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:26 pm

Thanks for all the tips. I will keep my flight and hotel.

yes pizza pie. Pizza here in Dallas is crap. Can’t wait for good pie.
Just moved out of Dallas and can attest to this statement. Might be blasphemy for the New Yorkers in this thread, but I have heard a lot of noise about Pizza Loves Emily in West Village. It’s Detroit-style (my personal favorite), and is at the top of my list for my next trip to NYC.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by kyleclogan
Just moved out of Dallas and can attest to this statement. Might be blasphemy for the New Yorkers in this thread, but I have heard a lot of noise about Pizza Loves Emily in West Village. It’s Detroit-style (my personal favorite), and is at the top of my list for my next trip to NYC.
I rather have good Texas BBQ than pizza. All NYC Texas style BBQ are crap.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As a wise user pointed out via RBP, tomorrow never actually comes, so I've updated the thread title to reflect an actual date.

~Moderator
vasantn and aztimm like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
As a wise user pointed out via RBP, tomorrow never actually comes, so I've updated the thread title to reflect an actual date.
I thought RBP was a disfavored term now.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
We only got a couple of inches or so, and the snow had stopped by the time I got up this morning. It was a total non-event. So I trust you've made it to Manhattan safe and sound and are happily digging into a slice or three right now.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
OP's flight showing only a 35 minute delay. The DL flight scheduled an hour later is showing a 39 minute delay.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
OP's flight showing only a 35 minute delay. The DL flight scheduled an hour later is showing a 39 minute delay.
Correct. It's delayed because it left john wayne late due to lack of crew. I'm excited for pizza pie tonight. I have a lyft reserved for $50 to the Distrikt Hotel. I've oddly only flown out of laguardia only once in my life and it was years ago. I hope there is lyft/uber pickup signage. Looks like AA lands at B terminal.

Currently in AC A. FYI the white chicken chili is amazing.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Correct. It's delayed because it left john wayne late due to lack of crew. I'm excited for pizza pie tonight. I have a lyft reserved for $50 to the Distrikt Hotel. I've oddly only flown out of laguardia only once in my life and it was years ago. I hope there is lyft/uber pickup signage. Looks like AA lands at B terminal.

Currently in AC A. FYI the white chicken chili is amazing.
LGA was a disaster for rideshare the last few times I was there. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Also, I assumed that the delays, since they were so similar, were because of weather at LGA, but after your post about the crew, I looked at the DL flight and it was over an hour late leaving MSP. Both similar delays, but altogether unrelated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.