Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Mar 21, 22, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Sure, here's the menu from my flight..
Thanks for sharing; but, ouch, I almost wish you hadn't! Non-vintage Cazanove in F. That's quite the precipitous drop from LPGS and other very drinkable vintage Champagnes recently offered in Flagship F.

-FlyerBeek
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:29 pm

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist, ALL Platinum
AA2176 BOG-JFK A319 dep.12:55AM arr. 06:50 5h 55min. flight. Only coffee, tea, juices and beverages in business. No meals, no snacks, nothing.
Beside, no menu, no amenity kit and no headphones were provided. Great job AA! Lets join to Spirit and Frontier merger, would be great triple!
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Thanks for sharing; but, ouch, I almost wish you hadn't! Non-vintage Cazanove in F. That's quite the precipitous drop from LPGS and other very drinkable vintage Champagnes recently offered in Flagship F.

-FlyerBeek
Agreed, that wine list is suited for a local sports bar where no one drinks wine

2 Chards, one with the generic "California" appellation. Simply no interesting whites.

The Crusher is a sub $15 "California" cabernet. AA is too cheap to spring for the $20 Alexander Valley offering from Sebastiani, that while still not an F offering, would be miles better.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by Jaenks View Post
AA2176 BOG-JFK A319 dep.12:55AM arr. 06:50 5h 55min. flight. Only coffee, tea, juices and beverages in business. No meals, no snacks, nothing.
That's pretty brutal, even for AA's low standards. Especially since the redeye BOG-DFW (slightly shorter scheduled flight time and distance than BOG-JFK) is coded for a meal. Neither flight offers complimentary upgrades.

-FlyerBeek
keyw likes this.
Old Mar 22, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
PHL-CUN
March 2022
A321 Neo
Business Class

PDB of choice offered.
Once in the air, hot towels were dispensed and collected
Hot nuts (along with re-fills of hot nuts) offered
Coded as a lunch flight, the choices were a Cobb salad or some sort of sandwich (I passed on both - beyond tired of the cold options in the premium cabins on AA)
Attentive service from the F/A with frequent passes through the cabin and drink re-fills offered often
Old Mar 22, 22, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
That's pretty brutal, even for AA's low standards. Especially since the redeye BOG-DFW (slightly shorter scheduled flight time and distance than BOG-JFK) is coded for a meal. Neither flight offers complimentary upgrades.

-FlyerBeek
I can't find the post, but I recall someone posting in the 2021 thread that there was no meal on the BOG-DFW flight. If it is now coded as a meal flight, perhaps it has been re-introduced. It would be odd for them to serve a meal on that flight and not to JFK. Pretty lame for flights with no comp upgrades. I got upgraded on a 12-hour delayed MIA-BOG flight (operated by a 777-200) by some fluke in December and we had a limited snack basket and booze in plastic cups. The flight did have bedding though, which was nice since I had to sleep on the floor at MIA due to no hotel rooms available for less than $600/night (Art Basel Miami & Irregular Ops).
Old Mar 22, 22, 11:02 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
CUN-PHL
March 2022
A321 Neo
Business Class

The flight was delayed, so no PDB offered.
Once in the air, hot towels were dispensed and collected
Hot nuts offered
In a VERY PLEASANT surprise from the prior week's flight down (reviewed above), there were two HOT entree options offered; either ravioli in a white cream sauce or sea bass in some sort of red sauce and quinoa.
The F/A took orders from back to front so, by the time he got to row 1, I was left with the sea bass as my only option (my daughter sitting next to me got the last ravioli)

Dinner was served on a single tray with a smallest side salad I've ever seen in my life accompanied by dressing in what looked like a little margarine container, and a chocolate and caramel dome for dessert.
I must say, as someone who never orders fish on a plane, the sea bass was actually very delicious (perfectly cooked and very tasty). The ravioli looked really good as well (my teenage daughter, who doesn't even eat plane food on AF in La Premier took one bite and said it was ok)
Rye or white bread heated rolls were offered from the basket
The F/A was attentive with plenty of drink re-fills offered
Overall, a breath of (LONG overdue) fresh air to have hot meals back up front
Old Mar 23, 22, 3:13 am

Programs: MVP100K, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Mar 21st, 2022
AA135 LHR-LAX
Opted for veggie option since I had 2 bowls of Wonton noodle soup in the CX lounge. Overall a lovely flight.
Old Mar 26, 22, 10:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AA100: JFK-LHR - Flagship First cabin

Hi,
Posting the menu for this flight for those who are interested. I did not partake in any drinks nor meals for this service, had my meal and drinks in the FFD before boarding and directly went to sleep as we took off.
The purser working on this flight ( maybe an FA in her 60's ? and former true AA attendant?) ticked at least all the boxes for the type of service you expect in First - she addressed pax by last name, took coats hung on the coats hook when she noticed it, offered to hang the clothes of pax who went to change. The next morning, she even commented to me that I did not miss much by not having the meals, " You did not miss much, there's no fine dining anyway "
I enjoyed the next service at the Concorde Breakfast room [was not eligible for the CCR at departures since I was connecting to IB] Woke up 30 mins before landing.

Cheers!

Drinks menu

Menu

Menu
Old Mar 26, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
I enjoyed the next service at the Concorde Breakfast room [was not eligible for the CCR at departures since I was connecting to IB] Woke up 30 mins before landing.
They must have just opened the dining room as the BA forum mentioned that it is still closed. This is very good news.

Did you try to enter the CCR and get denied or pass entirely?
Old Mar 26, 22, 1:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
They must have just opened the dining room as the BA forum mentioned that it is still closed. This is very good news.

Did you try to enter the CCR and get denied or pass entirely?
I guess I was lucky, as I thought that it would be open at the same time as the Arrivals lounge opened. For AA pax, they did need the stub from the boarding pass and you get an invitation card.
No I did not try, as I was quite full to drink nor do anything, so just did not bother and when I left the First Galleries, my flight was already showing boarding, so just left to grab the train to T5C.

Cheers!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AC 50K, AT Gold, Hilton Diamond, National
Hi,
Posting the menu for this flight for those who are interested. I did not partake in any drinks nor meals for this service, had my meal and drinks in the FFD before boarding and directly went to sleep as we took off.
The purser working on this flight ( maybe an FA in her 60's ? and former true AA attendant?) ticked at least all the boxes for the type of service you expect in First - she addressed pax by last name, took coats hung on the coats hook when she noticed it, offered to hang the clothes of pax who went to change. The next morning, she even commented to me that I did not miss much by not having the meals, " You did not miss much, there's no fine dining anyway "

Cheers!

Drinks menu

Menu

Menu
Sounds like lovely service. Thanks for the report!
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Comparison to DL One

Mostly on topic…I flew on international Delta One last week for the first time to use GUCs I obtained from their 2020 diamond challenge (the payback for a 16 segment run has been insane) and the Flagship food is definitely better than DL One. Figured I’d share a few datapoints.

I felt that the food, including their speciality dishes available by pre-order only, were very bland. No wines / champagnes listed on the menu (trivial, but nice to know what you can select), and their service flow is such that they clear the tray for the main course, which requires putting the utensils on the table. Again, trivial but seems like something they could change or do what AA does and provide a ton of silverware.

Breakfast kicked off very early (90 minutes out of Madrid).

Champagne ran out after one bottle, so it’s good to know that cutting corners on drink provisioning isn’t just an AA issue

Food won’t be great on any of the US carriers, but AA > DL from my perspective.

Other comments:

We were on a legacy 763 so the hard product was definitely a few notches below AA’s various configurations.

Delta needs to address their premium lounge offering at T4 JFK. Totally mobbed on a Thursday evening (I believe I saw something that they are building a new lounge).

Crew in both directions was pretty good, though the pursuer on the return was a tad pushy and nearly lost my fiancée’s air pods by knocking them off the armrest table when she went to set her seat to landing mode (seat was already as far up as it could go and was semi broken).
silverthief2 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
Mostly on topic…I flew on international Delta One last week for the first time to use GUCs I obtained from their 2020 diamond challenge (the payback for a 16 segment run has been insane) and the Flagship food is definitely better than DL One.
Of the US carriers, I've always found AA the easy winner on food - although that still isn't saying much.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 6:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
AA 136

Hi,
That wine list... Sadness. Just wow.
Serving 9 dollar wines in First (well, other then that Russian River Chard - but not a fan of Cali chardonnay myself).
What do they serve in J these days, two buck chuck?
Say what you want about BA F but their wine card is miles better than this embarrassment.

I'll have to further moderate my expectations for the late-April AA 136 in F.
Food wise, their pre-selection now looks like this. Have half a mind to just take my chances on board.

Search this Thread