Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Mar 1, 22, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC SE100K, BA Silver, accidental DL FO, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, AmEx PLT
Originally Posted by camdentown View Post
Just to say, egg is protein.
An an English person, I think I'm missing something on the American "protein" labelling - can anyone clarify for me please?
To me, egg, salmon, meat and indeed cheese (although cheese is primarily fat), are protein ...

Thanks!
You're correct, of course. I suppose I should have said "added protein" or simply "meat" -- I do think you'll find that many Americans use the words protein and meat interchangeably, particularly with regard to the specific scenario of adding meat to an entree. At many restaurants, a server will ask whether you want to add protein to a dish (like a salad), and that might be meat, seafood, tofu, or more!

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares... or all meat is protein but not all protein is meat.
Old Mar 3, 22, 7:21 am

Flying PHL to FCO March 22-23. This will be my first international flight with a meal since covid. I think I've read somewhere on here meals out of PHL can be hit or miss. Is that still the case?

Food choices are:

Beef Short Rib - red wine thyme sauce, twice baked potato, haricot vert

Miso Saba Roasted Sea Bass - toasted sesame, Yukon Gold mashed potato, Shimeji mushrooms, savoy cabbage, baby carrots

Latin Spiced Chicken Breast - enchilada sauce, Mexican rice, poblano pepper, corn, and black bean salsa

Mezzi Rigatoni - tomato ragu sauce, vegan sauce, sauteed broccolini, butternut squash

Concerned the beef short rib might be too heavy or messy. Any recommendations or recent experience with any of these?
Old Mar 3, 22, 10:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, QR PC Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinGert View Post
Flying PHL to FCO March 22-23. This will be my first international flight with a meal since covid. I think I've read somewhere on here meals out of PHL can be hit or miss. Is that still the case?

Food choices are:

Beef Short Rib - red wine thyme sauce, twice baked potato, haricot vert

Miso Saba Roasted Sea Bass - toasted sesame, Yukon Gold mashed potato, Shimeji mushrooms, savoy cabbage, baby carrots

Latin Spiced Chicken Breast - enchilada sauce, Mexican rice, poblano pepper, corn, and black bean salsa

Mezzi Rigatoni - tomato ragu sauce, vegan sauce, sauteed broccolini, butternut squash

Concerned the beef short rib might be too heavy or messy. Any recommendations or recent experience with any of these?
I had the same exact menu on a DFW-MAD flight back in July and ended up getting the short ribs which were surprisingly good and wasn’t *too* heavy
Old Mar 7, 22, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA, AF
I am going ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD in the coming weeks. Business class.

I typically go with beef, since I am a bit picky about fish, and chicken tastes so bland in the air. I am leaning towards the short rib on the way there, and the Veg. Korma on the way back. Beef brisket can turn into beef jerky so easily, I'm afraid it will be super dry. Any reviews? I look forward to any reviews or suggestions on everything.

I will try to take pictures and report back.

ORD-LHR
  • Beef Short Rib
    red wine thyme sauce, twice baked potato, haricot vert
  • Miso Saba Roasted Sea Bass
    toasted sesame, Yukon Gold mashed potato, Shimeji mushrooms, savoy cabbage, baby carrots
  • Latin Spiced Chicken Breast
    enchilada sauce, Mexican rice, poblano pepper, corn and black bean salsa
  • Mezzi Rigatoni
    tomato ragu sauce, vegan sausage, sautéed broccolini, butternut squash

LHR-ORD
  • Corn Fed Chicken
    creamy asparagus risotto, asparagus tips, grilled red bell pepper, pepper cream sauce
  • Salmon Filet
    seven grain rice, sautéed spinach, semi dried tomato, truffled hollandaise sauce
  • Indian Vegetable Korma
    basmati rice, blanched mini okra, paratha bread
  • Beef Brisket
    cheddar mashed potato, sauteed haricot vert, sauteed carrots, port wine and shallot gravy
Old Mar 8, 22, 7:52 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
W

Originally Posted by gate_pourri View Post
I am going ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD in the coming weeks. Business class.

I typically go with beef, since I am a bit picky about fish, and chicken tastes so bland in the air. I am leaning towards the short rib on the way there, and the Veg. Korma on the way back. Beef brisket can turn into beef jerky so easily, I'm afraid it will be super dry. Any reviews? I look forward to any reviews or suggestions on everything.

I will try to take pictures and report back.

ORD-LHR
  • Beef Short Rib
    red wine thyme sauce, twice baked potato, haricot vert
  • Miso Saba Roasted Sea Bass
    toasted sesame, Yukon Gold mashed potato, Shimeji mushrooms, savoy cabbage, baby carrots
  • Latin Spiced Chicken Breast
    enchilada sauce, Mexican rice, poblano pepper, corn and black bean salsa
  • Mezzi Rigatoni
    tomato ragu sauce, vegan sausage, sautéed broccolini, butternut squash
This is the menu we have DFW-CDG

The chicken sounds good to me... I don't eat fish but interesting that I read here that the ribs are good.

comments?
Old Mar 9, 22, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post
This is the menu we have DFW-CDG

The chicken sounds good to me... I don't eat fish but interesting that I read here that the ribs are good.

comments?
Personally, I like the miso sea bass and have found it consistently good over the past 3 years. But, if you're not a fish person than I guess it's a non-starter. The short rib is usually harder to mess up in the inflight reheating process for a beef option, but the chicken is probably the safest choice. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 9, 22, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by gba View Post
I recently flew SEA-LHR-SEA in J. Was nice to see the service in courses vs. one-tray service on recent BA and DL flights.

SEA-LHR Menu

SEA-LHR Appetizer and Salad. I'm still not sure what a sun dried tomato tartare is.

Chicken entrée. Could've used a bunch more sauce.

Fruit and granola for breakfast

LHR-SEA Menu

Appetizer was much better than on the outbound

Entree was surprisingly decent as well

Orzo salad before landing
I had that shrimp dish Sunday lhr-dfw. It was very good indeed. I just find it annoying they hand out paper salt and pepper packets one would get from McDonald's. So inconsistent.

From dfw-lhr I had the steak. It was a perfect circular hockey puck cooked 100% medium and really lacked any taste. I only had a few bites.

Last edited by aztimm; Mar 21, 22 at 10:29 am Reason: Removed quoted images for readability
Old Mar 17, 22, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone flown from Ecuador on the early morning departure? I have a 6am flight GYE-MIA and wondering if it will be some awful shelf stable meal or a hot choice. Dont know if AA contracts with a catering kitchen there.
Old Mar 20, 22, 6:58 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Aa057- lhr-mia

Hi,

Just got off AA057 from LHR-MIA in First. In general, the crew serving First was OK - nothing much to mention nor to complain. First was full. There was PDB and my request to have my meal later was granted.

PDB - champagne was ok, drinkable but nothing more

First drink service - with olives and nuts - White Sauvignon Blanc was again drinkable.

Starters - crab salad and salad plate

Squash soup with coconut yoghurt cream

Sea Bream with salsa verder, mashed potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes

Dessert - warm brioche with vanilla ice cream - was actually quite good.

Pre-arrival meal - Char Siew/BBQ pork bao/bun - with salad, chips and fruits. In general it was a good meal, except due to the re-heating process, the skin of the bao was dry/crunchy, which I peeled it off and was edible.

The flight was quite bumpy with lots of turbulence all the way from LHR, with some being quite bad - a few times the crew was requested to sit. Outside of that, occasional walk around by the 2nd crew in charge of the cabin, the Purser, seem to only worked the first shift of the flight and I did not see her much until the end of the flight.

Cheers!
FlyerBeek and chrisny2 like this.
Old Mar 20, 22, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA: CK
That's just shameful soft product for International F. Trays in first. And that absurd micro-salad. And that pre-arrival meal with potato chips. Shameful, AA.
CLT and Spanish like this.
Old Mar 20, 22, 9:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
That's just shameful soft product for International F. Trays in first. And that absurd micro-salad. And that pre-arrival meal with potato chips. Shameful, AA.
It's upgrade, award, and non-rev class. What do you expect when no one in their right mind is spending their own money?
D3KingAmerican and keyw like this.
Old Mar 20, 22, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
It's upgrade, award, and non-rev class. What do you expect when no one in their right mind is spending their own money?
I get it. Self fulfilling prophesy. What’s weird is this is the same airline that does FFD. I really wonder why they even have that.
CLT likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Just got off AA057 from LHR-MIA in First..
Do you mind sharing the current international Flagship F wine list (or at least recall the Champagne)?

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Do you mind sharing the current international Flagship F wine list (or at least recall the Champagne)?

-FlyerBeek
Sure, here's the menu from my flight

Menu

Wine list

Menu
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
I get it. Self fulfilling prophesy. What’s weird is this is the same airline that does FFD. I really wonder why they even have that.
This was my dilemma when I had to a schedule change and had the option to select between an AA operated or a BA operated flight for my JFK-LHR end of this week. I decided to stick with the AA operated one since it is in any case a night flight and sleep is more important, so I'll dine well at the FFD and onboard maybe just go for a the starters and sleep skipping breakfast.
Compared to BA First - what they call their Flagship First there's really nothing Flagship nor First about it - tired cabin, sloppy dressed crew (the purser although she was friendly, dressed like she was working for some warehouse shop, even Ryanair and Easyjet crew dressed so much better). There is just so many things wrong from all aspect of AA's Flagship First, even as a glorified Business cabin, (comparing it to what airlines like Malaysia calls Business Premium/Plus - but actually First class) is quite poor.
Luckily the bedding by Casper does the job well.

Cheers!

Search this Thread