Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I agree it's a very uninspiring menu. I'm having it from MIA tomorrow and decided to go for the beef, which, as you point out, will be nastily overdone (and I like mine blue!) but I also agree the chicken sounds weird, I don't really fancy crab cakes which will probably be too potatoey with token crab portion and cream sauce doesn't sound nice, and bad experience of those chef dish before. I hesitated with the crab cake till the end, but better the devil you know I guess...
So, how was the beef?

Originally Posted by cripps
Yeah I have the exact same thing this Saturday on DFW-DUB in J.
Please let us know what you chose and how it was after your flight.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Zinc_Saucier
So, how was the beef?
My apologies I didn't have it in the end - I had food in the Centurion lounge and was really tired by the time our delayed flight was ready to go so I just had the sundae which the excellent attendant fixed me right away then went to bed.
ryanbriar and Zinc_Saucier like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:03 pm

Hey Airstairs & Johnash, interested in what got and if you'd recommend it. I've got the same menu coming up on a FRA-CLT flight next month.

Have you decided on your option? Have the same menu CLT-FRA next month as well. I usually don't go for chicken given how dry it can get, responses on the crab cakes in this thread seem mixed but leaning negative, beef usually comes out overdone and chewy, and Sarah's pastas seem to take a beating in the comments...
Think I"m going to chance the pasta given that a couple people in this thread said this one in particular said it was decent. Agree they normally are bad.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hyatt
AA132 DFW-DUB.
In case anyone is interested, FA said they serve front to back on even # flights and back to front on odd # flights.

I had this entree dish:
Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Artichoke
ravioli served with blistered cherry tomato sauce and green olive pistachio pesto

I've had better pasta from a frozen bag at Costco. It was edible but not great. Wish I had stuck with the crab cakes.

However, the starter (latin shaved beef) was fantastic I thought. Great flavor with the edamame guacamole and cooked well.

Starter, latin shaved beef, great flavor with the edamame guacamole

Main course artichoke pasta, very meh

Hot fudge Sunday, good

Fruit and yogurt breakfast. Biscuit was bland
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
That champagne looks real bad… anyone here can confirm if I should plan for a dry flight?

Last edited by SEA737; Sep 25, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
AA132 DFW-DUB.
In case anyone is interested, FA said they serve front to back on even # flights and back to front on odd # flights.
The order of service is no longer determined by flight numbers.
cripps likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA737
That champagne looks real bad… anyone here can confirm if I should plan for a dry flight?
Maybe someone here can help me prove my initial reaction wrong. Does anyone know which Charles de Cazanove is specifically being served on board?

On one hand there’s regular Charles de Cazanove Tradition which should be swill. Then there’s the Tete de Cuvée which is more middle of the road and AA has served back in 2020 if I recall correctly. One could survive on this.

Then there’s the (vintage) Millesime, which is what appears to match the image on the menu, even though the menu also says “NV” for non-vintage (thanks AA…) If this is what AA were actually serving, it’d be the first time it serves vintage champagne in J that I can recall, and probably the best I’ve seen from them in a while… But then again the name suggests otherwise. Here’s a photo of the Millesime:

Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Global Entry
AA132 DFW-DUB.
I had this entree dish:
Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Artichoke
ravioli served with blistered cherry tomato sauce and green olive pistachio pesto

I've had better pasta from a frozen bag at Costco. It was edible but not great. Wish I had stuck with the crab cakes.
Thanks for the follow-up. I decided to give the crab cakes a shot for my upcoming flight
cripps likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:10 am

Thanks for the follow-up. I decided to give the crab cakes a shot for my upcoming flight
I'm going to do the same! Agreed, thanks.
cripps and Zinc_Saucier like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
LHR - JFK in Oct

Lunch menu for LHR - JFK in Oct. Any recommendations or dishes to avoid?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:15 am

Flying ORD LHR in October and have these choices:
I’m in between salmon or beef. Does anyone have pictures of beef fillet or had it recently?
I think I saw pictures of salmon down the thread.

Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hyatt
Recently flew DUB-ORD. The pre order menu said the steak was sous vide flat iron, so I went with that. On board menu didn't mention sous vide but I will say it was super tender, could tear it apart like a roast with your fork. Overall it was good, definitely more like a roast than a steak for flavor and texture. Mini pot pie snack before landing was pretty good too.

Prawns for starter

Sous vide flat iron steak

Mini pot pies
corky and BA850 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:31 pm

Just had the exact same menu as previous poster on FRA - DFW. Last minute upgrade from premium economy so couldn't pre-order, beef was all that was left. Much more like a pot roast than steak, really didn't enjoy it all that much. The mini pies before landing were good though.

cripps likes this.

Last edited by Field Walsh; Oct 2, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
AA 21 LHR-DFW First Class Meals

Flying next week in F on AA21 LHR-DFW. I can't decide between the Tuscan Beef Stew or the Roast Chicken Dinner. Anyone have one of these dishes and can comment?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt
Aa 134 lax-lhr

Any Suggestions?
  • Bourbon-Glazed SalmonBourbon-Glazed Salmon selected for Jeffrey Thiel for LAX to LHR
    fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Peppercorn Seared Beef FiletPeppercorn Seared Beef Filet selected for Jeffrey Thiel for LAX to LHR
    pomme anna, truffle butter, port wine sauce, sautéed asparagus, shitake mushrooms
  • Cheese EnchiladasCheese Enchiladas selected for Jeffrey Thiel for LAX to LHR
    with béchamel sauce, julienne red and green peppers and onions
  • Harvest Vegetable and Grain BowlHarvest Vegetable and Grain Bowl selected for Jeffrey Thiel for LAX to LHR
    citrus miso sauce, roasted vegetables, pickled onions, lentil salad, green beans, roasted smoked mushrooms. Grilled salmon available upon request.Created and inspired with wellness in mind by James Beard Award winning author and nutritionist Ellie Krieger
  • Golden Roasted ChickenGolden Roasted Chicken selected for Jeffrey Thiel for LAX to LHR
    roasted tomato chutney, salted smashed potatoes, haricot verts. Created and inspired with wellness in mind by James Beard Award winning author and nutritionist Ellie Krieger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.