Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone done the diabetic or Hindu meals ex-CLT? Would love to see pics if so. My AVML ex-JFK in January was a pile of cold, uncooked lentils, it was vile.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA
What was your experience with these options. I am going with the prawns but I feel like the cauliflower is a step down for my no seafood wife. We have two other legs on this upcoming trip with meals. Those options look good. This is the long trip home from DUB to DFW. Looks like we will be packing some food for this leg.

You should be able to check your meal options now. I was just able to see DUB to DFW on the 30th of September today. Our PHL to CDG food options look good.

I had the braised short ribs on a JFK-CDG flight. Very good.

Last edited by JY1024; Sep 5, 2022 at 7:53 pm Reason: Merged three consecutive posts - please edit or use multiquote
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
PHL - SJU had a really tasty Short Ribs with Mac and Cheese! Excellent!
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:00 pm

Has anyone seen the menu on the JFK-DOH?

JFK-DOH

DOH-JFK

Last edited by JY1024; Sep 5, 2022 at 4:48 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by joshbrady

JFK-DOH

DOH-JFK
Wow both those Indian options sound great. I'd be all over them. Wish items like that were avail on my LAX/JFK & LAX/MIA flights. I realize out of London or Doha those options are going to be way more prevalent but would be cool to see some paneer or dal on domestic.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:30 am

JFK-FCO next month, nothing looks that great here. Might try the crab cakes even though I'm a little scared of it 😂

Anyone have experience with these?

Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ChillyDawg
JFK-FCO next month, nothing looks that great here. Might try the crab cakes even though I'm a little scared of it 😂

Pre-covid, AA served crab cakes as a dinner or red-eye snack option on the premium transcons. While they weren't great as far as crab cakes go, they weren't bad either.
ChillyDawg likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Personal experience on AA 107 LHR -JFK. Drinks and nuts shortly after takeoff. Meal shortly after with tray consisting of salad and 'appetizer' which was essentially another salad. No bread offered, no wine offered. Was meant to have choice of salad dressing but this was not offered. As I'd had a g & t with my nuts had expected a second drink service so I could get a glass of wine instead of having to ask. Flight attendants were extremely pleasant but the quality of the offerings were definitely more on a level of economy. I was in the small front cabin so don't know if things were better further back in biz. Very disappointing - thank goodness for the Cathay F lounge before the flight!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

While James Beard dishes can be bad, that one is excellent IME.
ChillyDawg likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Any recent experiences with the Hindu option? Regular choices didn’t look very inspiring (though I note the good review above of the James Beard ravioli).
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by st530
Any recent experiences with the Hindu option? Regular choices didn’t look very inspiring (though I note the good review above of the James Beard ravioli).
Not international, but I’ve had it recently on domestic flights and it is solid (see the domestic meals thread).

On international flights, I’ve never done the Hindu meal / other special meals as one of the choices is usually pretty solid and my hunch is that they’d cater a domestic Hindu meal. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, though.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Might try the crab cakes even though I'm a little scared of it 😂

I tried the Crab Cakes earlier this year on a TATL and they had a very odd flavor that I did not care for. I know I wouldn't order them again.
VaBeachGirl and ChillyDawg like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:58 pm

Had the cheese ravioli out of MEX. It was like eating a Lean Cuisine frozen meal or whatever brand I guess but reminded me of a Lean Cuisine one I had once. Sweet onions, peppers & tomato sauce (but more so diced up tomatoes) was sub par at best and the ravioli a joke. Such an average meal. My cheese ravioli with marinara at my local Italian pick up spot blows it away. And I know I've been told on here before dont compare restaurant food to airline food but I'm talking $9.99 ravioli that is 100% frozen but yet delicious, especially with a very solid marinara Why cant AA make a tomato sauce that tastes good? Everyone one they offer is bad.

Came with a very tiny salad and a bite size piece of ceviche, for those that are interested. I didnt trust eating the fish especially as it was warm not cold. Salad dressing was good for a change. Bread basket was all one kind and it was not fresh and over heated to being too hard. Choice of chocolate cake or a tiny version of a cheese plate.

Super nice FA but food was such a let down And on an old A319 with No IFE. Somehow managed to go 3 years with out being on an AA narrowbody (not counting A321T) but wow I hope I got another 3 years.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Had the cheese ravioli out of MEX. It was like eating a Lean Cuisine frozen meal or whatever brand I guess but reminded me of a Lean Cuisine one I had once. Sweet onions, peppers & tomato sauce (but more so diced up tomatoes) was sub par at best and the ravioli a joke. Such an average meal. My cheese ravioli with marinara at my local Italian pick up spot blows it away. And I know I've been told on here before dont compare restaurant food to airline food but I'm talking $9.99 ravioli that is 100% frozen but yet delicious, especially with a very solid marinara Why cant AA make a tomato sauce that tastes good? Everyone one they offer is bad.

Came with a very tiny salad and a bite size piece of ceviche, for those that are interested. I didnt trust eating the fish especially as it was warm not cold. Salad dressing was good for a change. Bread basket was all one kind and it was not fresh and over heated to being too hard. Choice of chocolate cake or a tiny version of a cheese plate.

Super nice FA but food was such a let down And on an old A319 with No IFE. Somehow managed to go 3 years with out being on an AA narrowbody (not counting A321T) but wow I hope I got another 3 years.
Ha, I actually enjoy the pastas, but yes they are not special. Was the other option fish? Those are excellent ex-MEX.

What do you mean no IFE? Almost all AA narrow bodies have no built in IFE, but you can stream in your device, and there are device holders and USB charging ports. I think it’s a reasonable compromise since I usually want to watch on my devices. And AA’s old IFE systems aren’t great. And I can’t use my AirPods.

The only exception to this are the 319s. There are two kinds.
  1. Really old ones with built in IFE. I actually don’t like these because as I said I like to you my device, and there’s no device holder. And the tables are in the middle, making the center console uneven.
  2. Ones with newer seats, but no tablet holder or USB ports. Don’t know how those came to be.

So yeah, the 319s suck. Especially since there are only 8 J seats, making it hard to buy even full J at times.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Ha, I actually enjoy the pastas, but yes they are not special. Was the other option fish? Those are excellent ex-MEX.

What do you mean no IFE? Almost all AA narrow bodies have no built in IFE, but you can stream in your device, and there are device holders and USB charging ports. I think it’s a reasonable compromise since I usually want to watch on my devices. And AA’s old IFE systems aren’t great. And I can’t use my AirPods.

The only exception to this are the 319s. There are two kinds.
  1. Really old ones with built in IFE. I actually don’t like these because as I said I like to you my device, and there’s no device holder. And the tables are in the middle, making the center console uneven.
  2. Ones with newer seats, but no tablet holder or USB ports. Don’t know how those came to be.

So yeah, the 319s suck. Especially since there are only 8 J seats, making it hard to buy even full J at times.
No it wasnt a fish or I would have got it. I remember you had a post of a good fish dish out of MEX. The other option was a chicken dish, I believe with rice as the main accompaniment. I know its a short flight so maybe overall expectations were too high but overall just absolutely nothing special.

I love pastas too and usually am happy with them as they reheat well but AA's red sauces arent good.

This was an A319 and it was horrible. It was an old one from US Airways the FA told me. Tbh I think it is one of the America West A319's I remember flying when I was in college at Arizona State. There was no IFE at all and also I did not see anything to rest my phone on to be able to watch on my phone. Listened to music for 3 hours and landed with a very sore back too.

3 years straight of lie flats with AA really spoiled me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.