Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:03 am

Flew ORD-DFW-EZE-DFW-ORD a few weeks ago and the flagship business meals were inedible on both legs--I was with a friend on the outbound and my wife on the inbound and we all agreed. AA should be ashamed to serve this dog food to customers seated in premium cabins.

I just got back from ORD-DOH-DPS-DOH-ORD on Qatar Airways and traveled with my wife and two children (two vegetarians) in business class. Everyone agreed the food and drink were outstanding. As a point of reference, on the DOH-ORD leg yesterday, we drank 2005 Charles Heidsieck rose champagne ($160/bottle) and 2018 Louis Latour La Grande Roche ($200/bottle)--both were outstanding. Has AA ever offered anything remotely similar in flagship business? In first? I don't recall.
ianassum and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by chet
Flew ORD-DFW-EZE-DFW-ORD a few weeks ago and the flagship business meals were inedible on both legs--I was with a friend on the outbound and my wife on the inbound and we all agreed. AA should be ashamed to serve this dog food to customers seated in premium cabins.

I just got back from ORD-DOH-DPS-DOH-ORD on Qatar Airways and traveled with my wife and two children (two vegetarians) in business class. Everyone agreed the food and drink were outstanding. As a point of reference, on the DOH-ORD leg yesterday, we drank 2005 Charles Heidsieck rose champagne ($160/bottle) and 2018 Louis Latour La Grande Roche ($200/bottle)--both were outstanding. Has AA ever offered anything remotely similar in flagship business? In first? I don't recall.
AA wouldn’t ever dream of being anything similar to Qatar.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Can you imagine an AA FA warmly addressing passengers in J by name and asking whether they would like a hot or cold scented towel before take off (when towel service resumes) as they often do on QR?
They're too busy polishing the stunning Riedel-designed PDB plastic glasses so they shine with goodwill and generosity and then filling them with sparkling swill sometimes purchased for the pricey sum of under 10 Euros.
Interestingly their airfares in J and F do not reflect their current budget J and F food and beverage offerings.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by ianassum
Can you imagine an AA FA warmly addressing passengers in J by name and asking whether they would like a hot or cold scented towel before take off (when towel service resumes) as they often do on QR?
They're too busy polishing the stunning Riedel-designed PDB plastic glasses so they shine with goodwill and generosity and then filling them with sparkling swill sometimes purchased for the pricey sum of under 10 Euros.
Interestingly their airfares in J and F do not reflect their current budget J and F food and beverage offerings.
To be fair on one front - the FA on my flight last night greeted me by name, thanked me for my loyalty and mentioned that she was taking orders etc.by status.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by enviroian
AA wouldn’t ever dream of being anything similar to Qatar.
Indeed.. AA wouldn't even dream of being a decent airline like LX, let alone QR
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Solid service in J last night.

Dinner:

Salmon — piping hot and a tad overdone, but still solid
That looks disgusting! What species of salmon is it? Has anybody inquired? I doubt anyone would know but it would be a comical ask? It is too far gone to discern if it is a cheap farmed product which it likely is given AA subpar catering. Solid! lol

James
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
That looks disgusting! What species of salmon is it? Has anybody inquired? I doubt anyone would know but it would be a comical ask? It is too far gone to discern if it is a cheap farmed product which it likely is given AA subpar catering. Solid! lol

James
Looks were not great, but it was pretty good - almost blackened salmon. The piece that I had Friday night (pictured above) looked more like salmon. No way I’d ever ask that — would be met with an eye roll and an immediate downgrade in service.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
To be fair on one front - the FA on my flight last night greeted me by name, thanked me for my loyalty and mentioned that she was taking orders etc.by status.
Same here. Also I should give AA a thumbs up for all the work it takes to remove the plastic PDB cups from the Kirkland brand sleeve.
ryanbriar, IndyHoosier and Donsyb like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
I am flying DFW to FRA next week. Just changed from the chicken to the beef dish. I would rather have dry beef than dry salmon-i guess? No way will I order an enchilada!
Still trying to decide where to eat lunch next week- in DFW Flagship lounge or Centurion lounge on my lay over from 10:15am to my departure at 3:55pm as I may need to just eat a late lunch and not eat dinner at all except for a cheese plate. At least it should be hard to ruin breakfast?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
I am flying DFW to FRA next week. Just changed from the chicken to the beef dish. I would rather have dry beef than dry salmon-i guess? No way will I order an enchilada!
Still trying to decide where to eat lunch next week- in DFW Flagship lounge or Centurion lounge on my lay over from 10:15am to my departure at 3:55pm as I may need to just eat a late lunch and not eat dinner at all except for a cheese plate. At least it should be hard to ruin breakfast?
If I were in your shoes, I'd eat in the FL and then migrate to the Centurion for bartender made drinks. The FL should be quieter with the early flight, but I prefer the Centurion drinks over the DIY drinks in the FL.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Okay then and thanks for the advice! Also want to really hydrate prior to boarding with lots of H20 which should be available regardless. So my new plan is to visit FL first to monitor flight status but crossing fingers weather as of today will not be an issue but if SHTF happens it may be best to visit the FL to be able to get rebooked.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
No way will I order an enchilada!
I mean, I get the sentiment, and I also have trouble ordering a non-meat dish (I am of the mind that if there's no meat/chicken/fish/animal protein, it's not really a meal). But every time my wife gets the enchilada and I don't, the enchilada is better. It's never a real tortilla, it's something between tortilla and tamale texture, but that's actually what makes it good.

Or if you're just not into the flavor profile, that's cool, too. But if you're going to eat in CL/FL anyhow, why not eat there, order the enchilada for the flight, and try a bite so you'll know for next time? -- before skipping ahead to the cheese plate.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Pre order for JFK-LHR has some interesting new times, well at least I think they are new. The Cacciatore is still there but I dont recall seeing the Red Snapper or the Thai Sweet Potato cakes. Was just wondering if anyone has tried either of those 2? Tried to post link but was having trouble. Although Asian Veg is solid out of JFK, I will have far better Indian food in London and was thinking of trying one of the regular menu items, either the snapper or sweet potato cakes.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
I’m flying LHR-JFK this week in first, meal choices are below for lunch on the outbound and dinner on the return.Don’t intend to eat on the return, as will eat at FFD before the flight.

Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Anyone have any photos of the cheese enchiladas currently being offered on some J services? Debating between the enchiladas and the peppercorn filet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.