Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jun 22, 22, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Has anyone had this?

Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Braised Chicken Cacciatore, porcini mushrooms, zucchini, squash, creamy polenta
+1 also interested.
Old Jun 22, 22, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Has anyone had this?

Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Braised Chicken Cacciatore, porcini mushrooms, zucchini, squash, creamy polenta
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
That was what I was asking about on my upcoming flight.
Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post
+1 also interested.
there are several posts about it in the domestic thread, AA also had it on Transcon menus. Tl;dr not good
Old Jun 22, 22, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ryan182 View Post
there are several posts about it in the domestic thread, AA also had it on Transcon menus. Tl;dr not good
Any link to post (with pix?) I didnít see any. Nevertheless, sounds like beef for me! 😂
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:28 pm

I feel like it's this post. Last picture?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34358588-post1090.html
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post
I feel like it's this post. Last picture?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34358588-post1090.html
Thanks, I think you're right. I hate chicken on the bone with skin on, gonna pass. It looks moist and good though! Thank you for hunting it down.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks, I think you're right. I hate chicken on the bone with skin on, gonna pass. It looks moist and good though! Thank you for hunting it down.
Also these, didn't have pictures though
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34359566-post1093.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34018583-post386.html
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ryan182 View Post
Sounds like a bust. I remember liking one of her dishes once, I think the rolled up pasta things.
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:33 am

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
Reading through these posts Im struck by how we continue to display a slavish loyalty to the airline of our choice, often due to status, benefits, rewards, upgrades etc etc
We are then blinded by the unethical product and lack the assertiveness to vote with our feet and look elsewhere
The entire AA Flagship F experience barely exceeds J on most airlines that have a customer focused approach
Without exception none of these menus reflect industry standard international F
The wine lists are appalling and say a lot about both a company that believes serving wines in Flagship F for less than 10 Euros a bottle is ok and customers who let them get away with this
A tragic state of affairs for this carrier, especially with respect to the way in which it views its customers
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ianassum View Post
Reading through these posts Im struck by how we continue to display a slavish loyalty to the airline of our choice, often due to status, benefits, rewards, upgrades etc etc
We are then blinded by the unethical product and lack the assertiveness to vote with our feet and look elsewhere
The entire AA Flagship F experience barely exceeds J on most airlines that have a customer focused approach
Without exception none of these menus reflect industry standard international F
The wine lists are appalling and say a lot about both a company that believes serving wines in Flagship F for less than 10 Euros a bottle is ok and customers who let them get away with this
A tragic state of affairs for this carrier, especially with respect to the way in which it views its customers
Or even just vote with their wallets and buy J instead of F until the product justifies it. I find AA's business class to be quite good compared to many European airlines (AF, LH, etc.) but F is simply not competitive, and in some cases seems the exact same as J with a seat that rotates (more of a gimmick than anything).
ceebee100 and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Jfk-Mad AA 94

Solid service in J last night. Offered PDBs from the galley on my side versus the OJ / water / champagne tray and refills proactively provided during our 1-hour ground delay.

Service commenced just after take off and was very quick, which was good for the short overnight flight. Drinks, nuts and apps were provided at the same time off the cart and refills were provided when the mains were brought out.

I slept through breakfast, but it looked like it was fully wrapped up about 40 minutes before landing.

For what itís worth, AAís new jet bridge approach was partially in play - there were jet bridges at 1L and 2L in MAD, however only 2L was used for de-planing.

Headphones were scooped up while I was sleeping.

Menus:

Wines ranged from $4.84 to $16.99.

Dinner:

Salmon ó piping hot and a tad overdone, but still solid
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:58 am

Nice to see a nice report here Salmon looks good to me. As does app.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
For what itís worth, AAís new jet bridge approach was partially in play - there were jet bridges at 1L and 2L in MAD, however only 2L was used for de-planing.
Not about the food, I know, but thanks for the comprehensive report. We'll be flying from/to MAD soon (DFW) and wondered what the new "jet bridge approach" is?

Thanks.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Nice to see a nice report here Salmon looks good to me. As does app.
Iím going to pre-order it for my ORD-DUB flight next week so weíll see if itís consistently solid or a fluke.
BlooJoo likes this.

Search this Thread