Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jun 8, 22, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
@rianbriar : what a pitiful wine list. Rioja is $17 USD retail, should've offered a nice gran reserva. Can't comment on the rest.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:27 am

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
Having read the entire post from beginning to end (mild sedative required)
1. There is no evidence to suggest AA will ever have the capacity to deliver a true F product - a burnt-out service culture epitomised by your bed linen dumped on your seat as the first sign that greets you and plastic cups for you PDB - F and J food and wine basically interchangeable and posts reflecting difficulty accepting this and casting their votes elsewhere the norm
2. It may work as a budget three class airline (J, PE, E) with average to above average food
3. Many of the contributors seem to keep going back to AA in the way we may return to a relationship that keeps ending badly and we fail to heed the advice of "common sense" and friends we trust
4. The AA/UA future with respect to food, wine and service culture is treatment resistant and bleak.
JUMP SHIP
Invest in another carrier
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Spanish View Post
@rianbriar : what a pitiful wine list. Rioja is $17 USD retail, should've offered a nice gran reserva. Can't comment on the rest.
I looked them all up and in my earlier post I said it's about $140 total for the entire list! Utterly ridiculous for a First Class product! Hell, Olive Garden probably has a better wine list than AA Flagship First!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
I looked them all up and in my earlier post I said it's about $140 total for the entire list! Utterly ridiculous for a First Class product! Hell, Olive Garden probably has a better wine list than AA Flagship First!
corky, orbitmic, ceebee100 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
I should have used the Olive Garden line when I called this morning.

My feedback to the exec liaison team was centered around the needed training / cultural aspects (FA very nice, not trained; pursuer offered zero support) and the F&B. For example, carrying the FFD beverage list onto the plane is conceptually not hard to do and would go a long way. Another easy win - ask passengers if they want food right away or space it out. Great Flagship F FAs have asked this. Doesnt have to be pure dine on demand, but helps them out too.

Not asking for this to be QR F, AF LP etc where everyone is doing everything for you, just refinements.

I also said that if I am going to be spending money (not burning a SWU), Ill chose BA F any day (cited two recent trips where this was the case). I get that everyone shares revenue in a JV, but I actively avoid because the product is so all over the place. I know what to expect on BA and its quite enjoyable.
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
I should have used the Olive Garden line when I called this morning.

My feedback to the exec liaison team was centered around the needed training / cultural aspects (FA very nice, not trained; pursuer offered zero support) and the F&B. For example, carrying the FFD beverage list onto the plane is conceptually not hard to do and would go a long way. Another easy win - ask passengers if they want food right away or space it out. Great Flagship F FAs have asked this. Doesnt have to be pure dine on demand, but helps them out too.

Not asking for this to be QR F, AF LP etc where everyone is doing everything for you, just refinements.

I also said that if I am going to be spending money (not burning a SWU), Ill chose BA F any day (cited two recent trips where this was the case). I get that everyone shares revenue in a JV, but I actively avoid because the product is so all over the place. I know what to expect on BA and its quite enjoyable.
I fully agree with your sentiments!

I've flown BA F once about 6 years ago and it was great in my opinion, better than AA F at least. We are flying AA F in a couple weeks to LHR and the only reason I got that was because when I was looking for flights, AA had 3 F web specials for 57.5k miles so I took it.
ryanbriar and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by TakeoffSoon View Post

ICN to DFW:
Fresh Garden Bibimbap: Fresh Garden Bibimbap beef tenderloin bulgogi, seasonal vegetables, steamed rice mixed with hot pepper paste, sesame oil, served with assorted side dishes and soup
Grilled Beef Filet: Grilled Beef Filet With horseradish cream sauce, Duchess potatoes, green beans and carrots
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni: Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni tomato and zucchini sauce
​​​​​​​Pan-fried Prawn and Sea Bass: Pan-fried Prawn and Sea Bass chili bean sauce, julienned vegetables, steamed white rice
I took this flight a week ago. The menu was a bit different.
I got the bibimbap (chicken at the time) and it was edible but pretty bad. The soup it was served with was good though. If this was the bibimbap out of ICN I don't want to imagine the bibimbap out of DFW.
For the pre-arrival meal I had a shrimp noodle dish that was surprisingly good and much better than the main meal.
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
Vote with your feet
There are always other choices
Old Jun 10, 22, 1:36 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Frankly I think that the days of F are numbered at BA. I have to say that I will certainly fly AA again at least to Chicago. I despaired of the attitude of the crews who really made one feel that they'd far rather not bother. I am amazed at the all round improvement. I do not have a negative thing to say. The food? I enjoyed it quite frankly. I LOVE the option to pre-order and am surprised that so many appear not to do so.

My meal report follows when I get to my Ipad where the photos are/
Old Jun 11, 22, 6:09 am

Brunch AA90 ORD-LHR 7th June 2022

AA 90 ORD-LHR 7th June 2022

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. For J class I found it excellent. I did not photograph the tumbler of Champagne or the dish of nuts as you’ve seen them all before

My husband declared the snack,rolls as excellent and I enjoyed the Chicken Sliders. We ran out of Champagne. I was told that they load six bottles. Three other preflight bubbles or whatever, and three bottles of the good stuff. That does not seem a lot to me for a cab in this size

At last! My first hot fudge sundae after quite a while. It was quite decadent

I found this pleasant and filling. I would never have pancakes as I find them stingy and the sweet goo with them is not to my taste

For once fruit that has flavour. The Appetiser was most pleasant.
Old Jun 11, 22, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lrdpenn View Post
I took this flight a week ago. The menu was a bit different.
I got the bibimbap (chicken at the time) and it was edible but pretty bad. The soup it was served with was good though. If this was the bibimbap out of ICN I don't want to imagine the bibimbap out of DFW.
For the pre-arrival meal I had a shrimp noodle dish that was surprisingly good and much better than the main meal.
I had the bibimbap both to and from ICN a couple of weeks ago. The beef out of Dallas was decent. The chicken version out of ICN wasn't great. I would have thought the one out of ICN would be better but something about the chicken was underwhelming and the sides weren't as flavorful
Old Jun 11, 22, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
For once fruit that has flavour. The Appetiser was most pleasant.
It does look nice, but it does not look like what is listed on the menu! (like an antipasti plate with artichoke and cheese filled peppers rather than the tomato tartlet?)
Old Jun 11, 22, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
It does look nice, but it does not look like what is listed on the menu! (like an antipasti plate with artichoke and cheese filled peppers rather than the tomato tartlet?)
You are quite right as almost always however long experience has taught me that what is announced and what is loaded are two quite different matters.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 11, 22, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
AA 90 ORD-LHR 7th June 2022

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. For J class I found it excellent. I did not photograph the tumbler of Champagne or the dish of nuts as youve seen them all before

My husband declared the snack,rolls as excellent and I enjoyed the Chicken Sliders. We ran out of Champagne. I was told that they load six bottles. Three other preflight bubbles or whatever, and three bottles of the good stuff. That does not seem a lot to me for a cab in this size

The food looks pretty solid!

AA has a habit of under-catering alcohol in general. Three bottles for a daytime 789 flight is several short of what could be needed. Just like four minis for a 16-20 seat F cabin domestic flight; it doesnt make sense.

The best Ive experienced was one bottle of Palmes dOr to share for eight seats in F. Suffice it to say, we ran out after the first drink run.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Search this Thread