Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 24, 22, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, Bonvoy Plat Life, Amtrak S+, HH, DL, B6, MR
I'm traveling with family on AA 142, the daytime JFK-LHR flight next month. We're all in PE, not J (actually my first time trying out PE - have only ever done Y or J before). The pre-order option for lunch just opened up. I assume there's something else offered pre-arrival?

The only descriptive choices on the menu are:

Oven-Roasted Beef
farfalle pasta, roasted mushroom cream sauce, cherry tomatoes

Butternut Squash Risotto
red pepper coulis

I'm skeptical either of the kids will want to have anything to do with these (and being the picky eater I am, maybe not me either! ). Mrs. sxpsxpsxp is considering the Risotto. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these options?

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on what they mean when they offer the "Child's (meals for children 2-5 yo)" or "bland" options? I didn't see anything on this thread talking about those.

Last edited by sxpsxpsxp; May 24, 22 at 11:03 am
Old May 24, 22, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp View Post
I'm traveling with family on AA 142, the daytime JFK-LHR flight next month. We're all in PE, not J (actually my first time trying out PE - have only ever done Y or J before). The pre-order option for lunch just opened up. I assume there's something else offered pre-arrival?

The only descriptive choices on the menu are:

Oven-Roasted Beef
farfalle pasta, roasted mushroom cream sauce, cherry tomatoes

Butternut Squash Risotto
red pepper coulis

I'm skeptical either of the kids will want to have anything to do with these (and being the picky eater I am, maybe not me either! ). Mrs. sxpsxpsxp is considering the Risotto. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these options?

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on what they mean when they offer the "Child's (meals for children 2-5 yo)" or "bland" options? I didn't see anything on this thread talking about those.
You should get a breakfast before landing. You aren't able to pre select it so that's why you aren't seeing anything else but dinner. We are doing that same JFK-LHR next month but our dinner choices haven't opened up yet.
In years past, I've seen chicken nuggets or hamburger and fries for child's meal, but now I see it's specified 2-5 yrs, so it's probably changed (might still have mac n cheese or chicken nuggets).

Depending on their ages, your kids might like the pasta as it's bow tie pasta in a creamy sauce with beef.
Old May 24, 22, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
You should get a breakfast before landing. You aren't able to pre select it so that's why you aren't seeing anything else but dinner. We are doing that same JFK-LHR next month but our dinner choices haven't opened up yet.
In years past, I've seen chicken nuggets or hamburger and fries for child's meal, but now I see it's specified 2-5 yrs, so it's probably changed (might still have mac n cheese or chicken nuggets).

Depending on their ages, your kids might like the pasta as it's bow tie pasta in a creamy sauce with beef.
You won't get breakfast before landing on a day flight. You'll get the standard end-of-flight snack.
Old May 24, 22, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
This was the shrimp version that I think is fairly similar. It looked terrible but tasted pretty good
I had this dish lhr-dfw in March. I agree not exactly aesthetically pleasing it was delicious.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, Bonvoy Plat Life, Amtrak S+, HH, DL, B6, MR
You'll get the standard end-of-flight snack.
Which is what?
Old May 24, 22, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You won't get breakfast before landing on a day flight. You'll get the standard end-of-flight snack.
Yes, I missed the part where he said daytime. My flight is the 10:30pm departure from JFK and for that I know I will get breakfast as I've done it many times before.
Old May 25, 22, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
AA736 PHL-LHR 24/05, the PA wasnt going to eat so heres what I had:

Old May 25, 22, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague View Post
AA736 PHL-LHR 24/05, the PA wasnt going to eat so heres what I had:

Sorry, cannot see a pic. Or is it just me?

LcS
Old May 25, 22, 11:31 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague View Post
... the PA wasn’t going to eat so here’s what I had:
PA?

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas View Post
Sorry, cannot see a pic. Or is it just me?
I see them just fine in both the original post and in the quote in your post.
LCSinTexas and keyw like this.
Old May 25, 22, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
PA = perhaps an FA typo?
Old May 25, 22, 5:29 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
PA = perhaps an FA typo?
No Dear. He means what he says. He travels with an Entourage. As one does.

So. I did promise

AA 47 LHR-ORD J Class

The service was top notch with friendly personable FAs for whom nothing seemed too much trouble. They didnt have any chocolate fudge aboard so We had a Strawberry Sundae and Im not sure if I do not prefer them!

My only niggle was serving Champagne in tumblers. It goes flat so quickly. Other than that, a superb flight with a first rate crew.

Small Plate (actually delicious) and copious amounts of salad

Two Quiches Id call them rather than Pies

Salmon was delicious
Old May 26, 22, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
PA = perhaps an FA typo?
No no, my personal assistant
Old May 26, 22, 7:57 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
AA MXP-JFK late April, 2022

The catering was average. Fish was a good choice. Salad a bit weak.

But the best was not on the menu:

Old May 26, 22, 8:05 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
AA2305 JFK-SFO Flagship Business, late April, 2022

No surprises, and that means good!

Old May 26, 22, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
DFW-LHR 5/10 AA 78 (11p departure) in J
"Cajun" shrimp appetizer was pretty bland, the shrimp was well cooked.
I had the chicken breast with romesco sauce, cauliflower mash, cherry tomatoes and broccolini. Romesco was reasonably good and chicken was not overcooked. The vegetables only passed by the catering kitchen, I don't know that they spent any time there, they were essentially raw. The cauliflower mash was the best thing on the plate.
I prefer the cheese plate for desert and it was consistent with the product served pre-COVID.

LHR-DFW 5/17 AA 79 (2p departure) in J
Another shrimp app, sauce was some odd concoction but the shrimp was well cooked.
I had the dukkah spiced chicken breast on a bed of broad beans and dill rice, and it was quite good. I've read here that the Indian option ex-LHR is the way to go and this confirmed that wisdom.
Cheese plate was nearly identical to the ex-DFW offering.

Wine
The wine list was, unfortunately, the same on both flights: Gruet Champagne, Italian Chardonnay, Portuguese white blend, Argentinian red blend, Spanish Crianza, Churchill's LBV for dessert. YMMV because I'm especially critical of uninteresting wines, and these still wines are solidly meh. The reds could be from anywhere in the world; they've both been heavily oaked and are very fruit forward with little to balance it. The Portuguese white was probably the best of the bunch, and it's still the worst Portuguese white wine I've had in recent memory (I spent about a week tasting white wines in Portugal in December). The champagne is terrible, which was especially obvious after being served Piper-Heidsieck in the Flagship lounge.

Search this Thread