Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 17, 22, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
LAX - JFK in J

Torn between the beef and the sea bass, any thoughts?
Sea bass no doubt. So good I had two servings for a flight from JFK - LAX.
Old May 18, 22, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post
Sea bass no doubt. So good I had two servings for a flight from JFK - LAX.
You can get 2?? My last JFK-LAX in F was 40% full and I had the sea bass which was great! Even though I ate my fill in Flagship First Dining, I couldíve done with another portion of sea bass.
Old May 18, 22, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by aj411 View Post
Hope you get someone with personal experience on the snapper
It's probably me but this just sounds very funny.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 10:49 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
It's probably me but this just sounds very funny.
Snapper always makes me think of George Carlin
DataPlumber likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by United16 View Post
Snapper always makes me think of George Carlin
that exactly wasn't the road I was taking. lol
Old May 18, 22, 11:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Any idea why AA serves a full hot meal on SJO-MIA but only offers the cold plate/sandwich on MIA-SJO? Seems odd and you'd think it's the other way around but just experienced this myself. For what it's worth, the pork chop ex-SJO was excellent and a wonderful meal for such a short flight.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by goldelite8 View Post
Any idea why AA serves a full hot meal on SJO-MIA but only offers the cold plate/sandwich on MIA-SJO? Seems odd and you'd think it's the other way around but just experienced this myself. For what it's worth, the pork chop ex-SJO was excellent and a wonderful meal for such a short flight.
Is it the time of departure coming into play? MIA-BOG I was served a full meal and BOG-MIA legit NO catering of any kind.. They said it was b/c it left at 140am from BOG. And this was in J.

Even more ridiculous is BOG-DFW gets no catering at all b/c it leaves in the early morning as well. And thats 5.5 hours.
Old May 18, 22, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
You can get 2?? My last JFK-LAX in F was 40% full and I had the sea bass which was great! Even though I ate my fill in Flagship First Dining, I couldíve done with another portion of sea bass.
lol. Was quite hungry. I usually skip bread on flights. FA looked at me and asked if I liked another one? Bring it on!

ceebee100 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 18, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by goldelite8 View Post
It is probably cheaper for them or the catering facility can’t make/get ingredients for the cold meals.
Old May 19, 22, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by keyw View Post
It is probably cheaper for them or the catering facility canít make/get ingredients for the cold meals.
I had this happen MEX-DFW, where I got a full hot meal service, whereas DFW-MEX was regular cold meal. But then I've had cold meal ex-MEX too, so 🤷‍♂️
Old May 20, 22, 6:34 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 View Post
Is it the time of departure coming into play? MIA-BOG I was served a full meal and BOG-MIA legit NO catering of any kind.. They said it was b/c it left at 140am from BOG. And this was in J.

Even more ridiculous is BOG-DFW gets no catering at all b/c it leaves in the early morning as well. And thats 5.5 hours.
Flight time was practically identical and well within the dinner window in each direction.
Old May 21, 22, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Iíll be on the evening LHR-JFK flight in F in about two weeks. Has anyone had the Monkfish Curry described below?

It looks like it has the potential to either be great or a massive miss. Thanks!

Old May 21, 22, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
Iíll be on the evening LHR-JFK flight in F in about two weeks. Has anyone had the Monkfish Curry described below?

It looks like it has the potential to either be great or a massive miss. Thanks!

This was the shrimp version that I think is fairly similar. It looked terrible but tasted pretty good

ryanbriar and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 21, 22, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
This was the shrimp version that I think is fairly similar. It looked terrible but tasted pretty good
Thanks! The presentation is quite striking
Old May 21, 22, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post

I've had both the pork belly and the tagine from this menu cycle and found both to be pretty good.
ryanbriar likes this.

Search this Thread