Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Aug 11, 22, 9:55 pm
  #1321  
Formerly known as billinaz
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Goodyear,AZ for now then FL Spacecoast
Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Posts: 1,131
Originally Posted by txrus View Post
AA 818 PHX-CLT this morning-choice of breakfast enchilada (which has a bit of a bite to it, in my opinion) or fruit plate. When FA got to me, I mentioned that I had pre-ordered the enchilada to which she stated, quite adamantly, that theres no pre-order on domestic flights25 years, Ive never gotten any paperwork about that.
I'm on that flight in a couple of weeks. I wonder if she will know about it by then?
SpaceCoastBill is offline  
Old Aug 12, 22, 5:59 am
  #1322  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,480
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill View Post
I'm on that flight in a couple of weeks. I wonder if she will know about it by then?
If I were you, I would hope that shed at least not sleep through her alarm & wake up calls from the front desk again
txrus is offline  
Old Aug 12, 22, 12:57 pm
  #1323  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 1,788
Have 2 cold diabetic meals in the next 2 days. Will be curious to see how it compared to my T-con (non-premium) meal. The onboard options were pretty terrible, charcuterie board/vegi salad/cheese plate. Almost thinking of trying a Asian vegetarian ex-DEN.
safari ari is offline  
Old Aug 12, 22, 5:11 pm
  #1324  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 1,788
ORD-DEN
diabetic meal
17:11 departure

initial choices were fruit and cheese or southwest chicken salad. Pre-ordered the diabetic meal as neither enticed me, based on my prior experience. FA tried conversing with me about being diabetic, before correcting that I just liked the meal better than the options. Ended up being a hot meal, where I was the only hot meal in the cabin. Double PDB while sitting on the ground.

SW7London likes this.
safari ari is offline  
Old Aug 13, 22, 11:46 am
  #1325  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,480
AA 727 CLT-PHX lunch choices were:
  • TORTELLONI WITH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE (vegetarian)
    Served with sauted spinach
  • CHICKEN WITH TOMATO HERB ESPAGNOLE served with twice baked potato.
Chose the chicken-not sure where the tomato was & didn’t notice much in the way of any herb. Actually put leftover ranch dressing on for flavor. PDB was water only, then warm nuts. Side salad was mostly red leaf lettuce w/a red something (sun dried tomato?) & appetizer of prosciutto and pear, which wasn’t bad. FA put bread on the tray before bringing it out, so no choice. Dessert is fruit/cheese platter or packaged ice cream.

At least this FA had the pre-orders
txrus is offline  
Old Aug 13, 22, 3:06 pm
  #1326  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LAX/ORD/HNL
Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 407
Had an interesting flight (AA 708) from Phoenix to Atlanta late yesterday afternoon, Aug. 12th. Boarding was just starting with Group 1 being called when everyones phone started buzzing. Apparently, a dust storm was imminent, and a push alert had gone out to all cell phones. When I looked up from my phone, it had gone very dark outside, and things were starting to blow around on the tarmac. The wind even blew the door to the jetway closed with a loud bang. Needless to say, boarding ceased, and the flight was delayed for about an hour and a half. Surprisingly enough, the captain came out to the boarding area at two different times and let everyone know what was happening. One of the gate agents even remarked what a guy. Scheduled departure was 15:59 and we actually pushed back from the gate at 17:20. The aircraft was an A320 (N652AW) and had definitely seen better days. The photo below is the armrest area between seats 2D and 2F. The seats were already in a partially reclined position and would not return to the fully upright position in spite of many attempts to do so. They also made a horrible noise when trying to do anything with them. I think this is the most decrepit AA aircraft I have ever flown.



Despite the condition of the aircraft interior, the cabin crew was actually quite good. They managed to do an abbreviated PDB service once we were on board and were quite friendly and attentive throughout the entire flight. Meal service started approximately 45 minutes into the flight and my chicken dinner was actually quite satisfying.



At the end of the flight, the FA in first class thanked me for flying AA, apologized for the delay, and acknowledged my EXP status. All things considered; it was a flight with a very pleasant crew in an aircraft desperately in need of a refresh.
enviroian, wrp96, cmd320 and 6 others like this.
marnold3 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 6:24 am
  #1327  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: CMH
Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by marnold3 View Post
Had an interesting flight (AA 708) from Phoenix to Atlanta late yesterday afternoon, Aug. 12th. Boarding was just starting with Group 1 being called when everyones phone started buzzing. Apparently, a dust storm was imminent, and a push alert had gone out to all cell phones. When I looked up from my phone, it had gone very dark outside, and things were starting to blow around on the tarmac. The wind even blew the door to the jetway closed with a loud bang. Needless to say, boarding ceased, and the flight was delayed for about an hour and a half. Surprisingly enough, the captain came out to the boarding area at two different times and let everyone know what was happening. One of the gate agents even remarked what a guy. Scheduled departure was 15:59 and we actually pushed back from the gate at 17:20. The aircraft was an A320 (N652AW) and had definitely seen better days. The photo below is the armrest area between seats 2D and 2F. The seats were already in a partially reclined position and would not return to the fully upright position in spite of many attempts to do so. They also made a horrible noise when trying to do anything with them. I think this is the most decrepit AA aircraft I have ever flown.



Despite the condition of the aircraft interior, the cabin crew was actually quite good. They managed to do an abbreviated PDB service once we were on board and were quite friendly and attentive throughout the entire flight. Meal service started approximately 45 minutes into the flight and my chicken dinner was actually quite satisfying.



At the end of the flight, the FA in first class thanked me for flying AA, apologized for the delay, and acknowledged my EXP status. All things considered; it was a flight with a very pleasant crew in an aircraft desperately in need of a refresh.
I always love having a crew that is ready to roll with great service. Sounds like both the flight crew and cabin crew were very service oriented and appreciated everyone's business. Glad you had a proper flight.

Too bad about the shape of the interior. I've noticed some recline function issues with lots of planes lately.

Meal looks tasty.
cmd320 and 757FO like this.
Spanish is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 9:44 am
  #1328  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: American Airlines
Posts: 26,461
No nuts for you?

Friday evening I flew to LAS. In F warm nuts were served.

Saturday morning I flew back home to DWF and no nuts were served. I asked the flight attendant did they forget to cater them and he said "sorry only flights over 1500 miles get nuts". I said "oh okay just thought we'd have them since I had them yesterday".

Fast forward to 45 minutes before initial descent. "sorry mr call button, I see the nuts were indeed catered but were back in the cabin. I get these 321 configurations screwed up sometimes". I said sure no worries at all and thank you. He brought me out a warmed ramekin of nuts. No one else got one (or asked for one from what I could see).
madmanshoney likes this.
enviroian is online now  
Old Aug 14, 22, 12:25 pm
  #1329  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DFW
Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Posts: 2,958
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
ORD-DEN
diabetic meal
17:11 departure

initial choices were fruit and cheese or southwest chicken salad. Pre-ordered the diabetic meal as neither enticed me, based on my prior experience. FA tried conversing with me about being diabetic, before correcting that I just liked the meal better than the options. Ended up being a hot meal, where I was the only hot meal in the cabin. Double PDB while sitting on the ground.

Fried potatoes for a diabetic meal is pretty interesting
corky likes this.
asnovici is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 1:32 pm
  #1330  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PWM
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 324
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Friday evening I flew to LAS. In F warm nuts were served.

. "sorry mr call button, I see the nuts were indeed catered but were back in the cabin. I get these 321 configurations screwed up sometimes"
At least he was respectful and addressed you by name
corky and wrp96 like this.
roadtriper is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 2:21 pm
  #1331  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Posts: 295
8/12 ORD - SEA dinner flight. Beef short rib with mac and cheese, salad, coleslaw with grilled shrimp, and sourdough roll (not picture). For dessert, a choice between sorbet or the fruit and cheese plate.

apeortdz and ValleyEarl like this.
SeaLuggageLover is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 3:21 pm
  #1332  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,627
PHL-MIA

Hindu special meal. Regular choices were cheese plate or chicken salad.

Was rather impressed and stank the cabin out with curry smells.

Schwann is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 3:36 pm
  #1333  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DFW
Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Posts: 2,958
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
PHL-MIA

Hindu special meal. Regular choices were cheese plate or chicken salad.

Was rather impressed and stank the cabin out with curry smells.

This is also Asian Vegetarian?
asnovici is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 4:05 pm
  #1334  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 1,788
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover View Post
8/12 ORD - SEA dinner flight. Beef short rib with mac and cheese, salad, coleslaw with grilled shrimp, and sourdough roll (not picture). For dessert, a choice between sorbet or the fruit and cheese plate.
Have this choice this week, how would you rate this? General consensus is the short rib does decently in the onboard oven.
safari ari is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 5:18 pm
  #1335  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 1,788
DEN-CLT
Diabetic meal
16:04 Departure
Original choices were charcuterie or veggie salad. Considering I dont eat pork, went with diabetic again. Unlike my previous and shorter flight, this meal was cold, what only looks to be a salmon quinoa veggie wrap. Not sure if its because of a pre 16:30 departure.

asnovici likes this.
safari ari is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread