Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by dkc192
That shouldn't be the case, because the preordering system only gives you visibility into the entree choices and not everything else that will be served (e.g., appetizer and dessert).
Agree - I’ve almost always pre-ordered when available and haven’t had that issue. That said, one of the FAs on a recent flight tried to take menus after orders were completed as part of the PDB pick up. I asked to keep mine, but several other menus were collected.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Talking about a menu. Recently I did round trip BOS-LAX in Flagship J. Both BOS-LAX and LAX-BOS FA handed out menus to only passengers without pre-ordered meals. I pre-ordered meals in both direction and did not receive a menu on both flights. It happened on both flights so I was wondering if that is the thing now, printed menu only to passengers with no pre-order?
That is just called being l AA zy by the FA.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Menu from last night's AA340 (LAX-MIA) in J class. Had the short rib and it was pretty good... Got to LAX way late so missed the FL. Had to settle for dinner on board. Most everyone else slept.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Pre-order options for LAX-BOS in F all seem pretty meh:
  • Grilled Vegetable Terrine
    Yukon Gold potato, grilled zucchini, grilled squash, red bell pepper, fennel, red Swiss chard, grilled eggplant, Parmesan cheese, baby arugula
  • Grain and Greens Bowl
    fresh greens, farro, spelt, pearl barley, black beans, heirloom tomato, sugar snap peas, pineapple, onion, goat cheese, grilled shrimp available upon request
  • Beef Bolognese
    Orecchiette, Parmesan
  • Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
    Braised Chicken Cacciatore, porcini mushrooms, zucchini, squash, creamy polenta
Any thoughts or experiences with the latter two options? Or should I go with a special meal instead (and if so which one)?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by truncated
    Yukon Gold potato, grilled zucchini, grilled squash, red bell pepper, fennel, red Swiss chard, grilled eggplant, Parmesan cheese, baby arugula
  • Grain and Greens Bowl
    fresh greens, farro, spelt, pearl barley, black beans, heirloom tomato, sugar snap peas, pineapple, onion, goat cheese, grilled shrimp available upon request
  • Beef Bolognese
    Orecchiette, Parmesan
  • Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Any thoughts or experiences with the latter two options? Or should I go with a special meal instead (and if so which one)?
That chicken is really bad. I have that same menu upcoming also and switched to the 820am flight and will just do breakfast. I'll miss the sundae but really nothing else b/c that menu for me is horrible. Asian Veg out of LA was so bad last time. Out of JFK was really good. 820am now means I can hit FFD upon arrival whereas the other way by the time I got to JFK it was 930/10.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You got a printed menu on LAX-PHL? Is that a thing now? Bilingual because ...? (I don't have a problem with it, just seems like a mistake)
It says "DOM LH" on the bottom - domestic longhaul. So, presumably not a mistake. Happy to see this!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Diabetic or Kosher on a breakfast mid-con?

I have a breakfast flight SAN-DFW. Standard options are egg, bacon, cheese croissant or fruit plate. I'm leery of the Hindu or Asian options as they've been almost all rice when I've had them. Any experiences with the diabetic or kosher choices on a breakfast flight?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by truncated
  • Grain and Greens Bowl
  • Beef Bolognese
    Orecchiette, Parmesan
The veggie terrine is tasty and is basically a vegetarian lasagna; the grains and green bowls are always pretty tasty and healthy.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by daron4000
The veggie terrine is tasty and is basically a vegetarian lasagna; the grains and green bowls are always pretty tasty and healthy.
Good to know — I have to chose and was leaning towards the bolognese, but may go with the terrine.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:54 pm

• disregard, I did not get the quote in.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Rebob
I'll find out on the 27th if no one else replies.
I would like to know too. For that matter, would the kosher meal be hot on DFW - SNA? Does anyone have data for special hot meals on 1500 > flight > 900 miles?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by anabolism
I have a breakfast flight SAN-DFW. Standard options are egg, bacon, cheese croissant or fruit plate. I'm leery of the Hindu or Asian options as they've been almost all rice when I've had them. Any experiences with the diabetic or kosher choices on a breakfast flight?
Originally Posted by JWA_SNA
I would like to know too. For that matter, would the kosher meal be hot on DFW - SNA? Does anyone have data for special hot meals on 1500 > flight > 900 miles?
I ordered the kosher breakfast on an AUS-ORD flight and reported on it here. Basically it was a hot meal and it was a lot of food but it was not breakfast.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:46 pm

This is quasi-domestic, but the OGG-DFW flight in J on Monday definitely had some supply issues. The salad on the printed menu was to come with blue cheese and either balsamic or pineapple vinaigrette, whereas the actual salad came with parmesan cheese and a sesame ginger dressing. The light second meal also had blueberry Yoplait instead of vanilla Greek yogurt.

Had the aforementioned bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on my second flight that day. The egg is hard boiled, which I am not a fan of. Thankfully the eggs weren't dry, but the sandwich was forgettable.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
This is quasi-domestic, but the OGG-DFW flight in J on Monday definitely had some supply issues. The salad on the printed menu was to come with blue cheese and either balsamic or pineapple vinaigrette, whereas the actual salad came with parmesan cheese and a sesame ginger dressing. The light second meal also had blueberry Yoplait instead of vanilla Greek yogurt.

Had the aforementioned bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on my second flight that day. The egg is hard boiled, which I am not a fan of. Thankfully the eggs weren't dry, but the sandwich was forgettable.
I'll take blueberry yoplait over that awful greek yogurt any day of the week.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 818 PHX-CLT this morning-choice of breakfast enchilada (which has a bit of a bite to it, in my opinion) or fruit plate. When FA got to me, I mentioned that I had pre-ordered the enchilada to which she stated, quite adamantly, that ‘there’s no pre-order on domestic flights…25 years, I’ve never gotten any paperwork about that…’.
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.