Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:53 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IAH-LGA on Eagle

Flying IAH-LGA this evening, 5:20pm departure on an E175. Should I expect dinner (and if so, only cold options I’m assuming?)
Or am I better off just getting food at the airport
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
PDX-DFW, 7/4/22, 7:25 am depart

Tomato Omelette or Fruit Plate. Odd that both choices seemed vegetarian this morning.

Unlike my last fruit plate upthread, this one came with a croissant, which made the whole affair more robust and filling. Also got bread in a timely manner unlike my 7/2 dinner. Great breakfast overall 👌
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Thank you. Do "lunch" flights also get the olives alongside the nuts with first drink, or is the only at dinner?
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I think from your posts, you've taken lunch and dinner flights. Did you see any service protocol difference between the two? Obviously it's FA-dependant, but was the protocol the same?
Ex-SFO, there were olives in F for lunch flight. No soup offering, though, but can't confirm on the recent flight since the catering boarded the wrong menu (red-eye instead of lunch). Service protocol is exactly the same between lunch and dinner, variable being the purser working (as you had pointed out).

Also, on my last two flights in transcon F, they were doing opposite of FEBO for order taking, or rather FOBE. Is FEBO still a thing?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Ex-SFO, there were olives in F for lunch flight. No soup offering, though, but can't confirm on the recent flight since the catering boarded the wrong menu (red-eye instead of lunch). Service protocol is exactly the same between lunch and dinner, variable being the purser working (as you had pointed out).

Also, on my last two flights in transcon F, they were doing opposite of FEBO for order taking, or rather FOBE. Is FEBO still a thing?
AAnything goes....
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
PDX-DFW, 7/4/22, 7:25 am depart

Tomato Omelette or Fruit Plate. Odd that both choices seemed vegetarian this morning.

Unlike my last fruit plate upthread, this one came with a croissant, which made the whole affair more robust and filling. Also got bread in a timely manner unlike my 7/2 dinner. Great breakfast overall 👌
Looks good! My wife ordered this for PDX-DFW later this week and I ordered the omelette. Have you taken the late evening DFW-PDX....I assume "refreshments" in F is just the snack basket, correct?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Is FEBO still a thing?
Not since 2014. No it's generally whoever's butt is closest to Miami is supposed to have their order taken first. Details in link below.

https://viewfromthewing.com/death-fe...er%20standards.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'll get it coming back on Monday night the 4th and will post pics and review then.
Sorry! Changed to earlier flight coming back and enduring another F&C instead. Cajun chicken salad remains elusive.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by S.R
Flying IAH-LGA this evening, 5:20pm departure on an E175. Should I expect dinner (and if so, only cold options I’m assuming?)
Or am I better off just getting food at the airport
Should be a cold offering. Still recommend eating prior to flight
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald

Same choices on my early morning flight from LAX to ORD. They ran out of the fruit plate by the time that my order was taken, but I got to see my seatmate's and it looked similar to yours.

I was offered the roasted tomato omelet. Actually, it was a cheese omelet with some tomatoes mixed into the eggs. It came with one sausage and topped with some potato cubes. It was tasty, albeit to salty in my opinion. I had a choice of a cinnamon roll, biscuit or "croissant." I went with the odd shaped croissant. Someone needs to tell AA;s caterers that croissant is a crescent, that is the shape of the pastry.

Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

Thank you. For the lunch flight without soup, that must have been a catering snafu, right? Or is Flagship transcontinental F lunch skip the soup course?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
DFW-MEX Lunch

Monday 7/4/22

AA2350 DFW-MEX Lunch
There was a choice between a cheese plate or a salad with chicken. I chose the salad with chicken.

The chicken was horrendous. I'm generally not a picky eater, and I grew up in poverty, but it was comically bad. It was exceptionally dry, and the edges were hard and inedible. It tasted like a piece of fried chicken that was cooked about 10 minutes too long and then left in the refrigerator, uncovered, for several days. It was bad. I also thought it was funny that all I got was half a piece of chicken. I guess I would have been upset had the chicken actually been edible. Everything else was excellent. It was nice to get nuts in a ramekin even if they were not heated. The rest of the salad was fresh and tasty. The star of the plate was the spicy hummus; it was exceptional in flavor, and it had a surprising kick of heat. I wish I had the recipe or knew where they got it from. I would have much rather had another helping of the hummus as opposed to the comically terrible chicken. The cake was acceptable, and the crackers went nicely with the spicy hummus. I had excellent service, and I'm fairly certain that the flight attendant gave me a triple when I asked for a bourbon on the rocks. The glass was filled all the way to the top. This meal starred two of American Airlines' favorite items, hummus and arugula. Sometimes I wonder if American is invested in a chickpea and arugula farm. I noticed in the Admirals club in DFW earlier in the day that there was no longer hummus, but there was whole chickpeas in the salad display.
chrisny2, enviroian, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Monday 7/4/22

AA2350 DFW-MEX Lunch
There was a choice between a cheese plate or a salad with chicken. I chose the salad with chicken.

The chicken was horrendous. I'm generally not a picky eater, and I grew up in poverty, but it was comically bad. It was exceptionally dry, and the edges were hard and inedible. It tasted like a piece of fried chicken that was cooked about 10 minutes too long and then left in the refrigerator, uncovered, for several days. It was bad. I also thought it was funny that all I got was half a piece of chicken. I guess I would have been upset had the chicken actually been edible. Everything else was excellent. It was nice to get nuts in a ramekin even if they were not heated. The rest of the salad was fresh and tasty. The star of the plate was the spicy hummus; it was exceptional in flavor, and it had a surprising kick of heat. I wish I had the recipe or knew where they got it from. I would have much rather had another helping of the hummus as opposed to the comically terrible chicken. The cake was acceptable, and the crackers went nicely with the spicy hummus. I had excellent service, and I'm fairly certain that the flight attendant gave me a triple when I asked for a bourbon on the rocks. The glass was filled all the way to the top. This meal starred two of American Airlines' favorite items, hummus and arugula. Sometimes I wonder if American is invested in a chickpea and arugula farm. I noticed in the Admirals club in DFW earlier in the day that there was no longer hummus, but there was whole chickpeas in the salad display.
Minus the chicken, that does look pretty good! But I think I'll go with AVML on my upcoming flight with those choices.
thunderdeacon likes this.

Last edited by chrisny2; Jul 4, 2022 at 6:45 pm
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Looks like the Cajun Chicken Salad that I have coming up. Might have to go with the Fruit & Cheese Plate instead.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by econ
Looks like the Cajun Chicken Salad that I have coming up. Might have to go with the Fruit & Cheese Plate instead.
Had this salad many times, and IME, the chicken is fine. Sound like an "off" cater in this poster's case.
thunderdeacon, BWISkyGuy and keyw like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Monday 7/4/22

AA2350 DFW-MEX Lunch

Something tells me your return mex-dfw meal will be 10x better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.