Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by brenc3
Options were cheese omelette or fruit and granola plate. There was no indication on the menu that the omelette came with a fresh fruit plate of its own but I'm glad that it did. Eggs were tasty, potatoes less so.
That has to be the largest strawberry I've ever seen in my life.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Options were cheese omelette or fruit and granola plate. There was no indication on the menu that the omelette came with a fresh fruit plate of its own but I'm glad that it did. Eggs were tasty, potatoes less so.
That omelet looks pretty good. Much better than the enchilada thing I had on this morning's JFK-AUS flight. So spicy it was almost inedible. I had a nice fruit plate too. The pineapple in particular was very good, which is a rarity in almost any setting.

I'm curious about the sorry looking croissant, if that's what that thing was. Did they not have the warm biscuits and cinnamon rolls, etc?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by ceebee100
If you purchased F or your upgrade cleared more than 24 hrs in advance and you want a hot meal, you simply have to pre choose one of the Dietary Restriction meals (Asian veg, Hindu or Muslim).
They've eliminated protein from the Hindu and Muslim meals now so it's strictly vegetarian, but it's way better than that cold gross turkey sandwich and protein less Greek salad! That's what I do once I see any cold stuff on the menu and I have the option to choose a special meal.
Are dietary restriction meals available on all domestic flights with meal service? Even the ones in the 1000-1200 mile range?

Including departures out of those stations where AA double-caters on the inbound because AA is too cheap to pay for fresh catering at a station where it's readily available?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:49 am

Another omelet without the sausage? I'm so tempted, but my luck I'd get 2x the sausage! I'd like your breakfast, it looked good!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Herb687
Are dietary restriction meals available on all domestic flights with meal service? Even the ones in the 1000-1200 mile range?

Including departures out of those stations where AA double-caters on the inbound because AA is too cheap to pay for fresh catering at a station where it's readily available?

Haven't determined when special meals are offered. Have had several recent flights 900 - 1000 miles without a special meal option. Flights next month have option on outbound but not return. So I'm guessing local caterer may be a factor. (PHL-FLL-PBI-PHL)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
6/18 DFW-CMH, 1:59 pm depart

Cobb salad with chicken or Fruit & Cheese plate. Dare I say that the F&C plate is even better than Alaska's? Not a fan of the Beecher's.

BWISkyGuy and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

Spicy Asian Vegetarian Meal on 6/17 - PHL-SEA. My girlfriend said it was pretty good.
nineworldseries and KBRDU like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Stripe
I'm curious about the sorry looking croissant, if that's what that thing was. Did they not have the warm biscuits and cinnamon rolls, etc?
Yes, there was a pass of the warm bread and pastry basket with the usuals. I made a quick judgement call that the croissant was, um, the healthiest of what was on offer. Service was actually quite good on this flight.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Forgot to take pictures of the menu on my flight but the options were the same as the menu on allset2travel's SFO-JFK flight a month ago. Reserved the broccoli and cheddar frittata ahead of time. If I had known the lounge was going to be open and I'd have enough time to stop by and they'd have "make your own breakfast tortilla" there, I probably would have selected the oatmeal instead.

BOS-LAX, A321T, J, early morning flight
Was served PDB which was fine. I was expecting there to be some kind of pastry crust with the frittata, but it was fine. Biscuit a bit crumbly, my portion of papaya was very underripe, other people had much riper pieces. Biggest surprises were the biscotti and the cheese plate- was not expecting either of those items and were nice touches. Crew were fine- friendly enough, nothing more, nothing less.

It was my first transcon premium service flight since I don't get a lot of opportunities to take flights like this. Overall, flight exceeded expectations but only slightly rather than greatly. Would fly AA TCON again if given the chance but I think I'd like to see what the competition has to offer as point of comparison.

chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:35 pm

Does anyone have a picture of the Cobb Salad lunch/dinner option? Upcoming MIA/PUJ has Cobb Salad or Charcuterie Plate as the option both ways.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Reporting back on my Asian Veg dinner out of LAX........Total joke. It did lean Indian as far as the entre but not the app or dessrt. AA's gulab jamun is really good. I see someone had it above not even on a premium Transcon. Out of LAX apparently they dont do it. 8 strawberries thats all the dessert was. Out of JFK 2 months ago got the great dessert but not here. Also, app was quinoa thingy that I know was an app on many other normal menus during covid . It was horrible. Entree was bad. Bland white rice, something next to it that was inedible. And then a really bad attempt at some curry. The entre out of JFK was good, this was not. Also out of JFK the app on the Asian veg was chana and spiced well and very refreshing . I dont recommend Asian Veg out of LA.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I wish I took a picture of it on my LAX JFK two weeks ago in F as meal was awesome. I had the (Chilean?) sea bass and it was outstanding particularly in view of the slim offerings in Flagship lounge that afternoon. And of course I enjoyed the make your own sundae as always.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Dinner flight in July, MCI - PHX - choices are the dreaded turkey sandwich and the equally dreaded Greek salad. I'm thinking I'll do one of the special meals. Anyone know what the diabetic meal consists of? Or maybe the Asian Veg, but reading upthread that it's not as good as it used to be. I've never done any of the special meals so have no idea what to choose. Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by RaindropT
Dinner flight in July, MCI - PHX - choices are the dreaded turkey sandwich and the equally dreaded Greek salad. I'm thinking I'll do one of the special meals. Anyone know what the diabetic meal consists of? Or maybe the Asian Veg, but reading upthread that it's not as good as it used to be. I've never done any of the special meals so have no idea what to choose. Thanks for your help!
a tough flight to have dinner on as the restaurant options having flown to/from MCI leave a lot to be desired. Might try bbq in-town before leaving KC.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RaindropT
At that point whenever I see those 2 choices, I select either Asian Veg, Hindu or Muslim. Guaranteed hot meal and you will be the envy of the entire F cabin who didn't have the foresight to preorder the hot meal. Trust me when I say you can smell it heating up in the ovens!
wrp96 and RaindropT like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.