Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
They were served on BOS-PHX which is a 2-class configuration. (I guess that's what you mean by non-premium.)
I was referring to non BOS and JFK flights. Wondering if PHL longer flights ie PHL-LAS have sundaes back at dinner time? I am not sure they do. Ive seen some ice cream cups but thats pretty lame. AA has no updated information on meal service or expectations. I guess its changing so fast and is inconsistent.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
MIA-SJU

I really enjoyed the lunch from MIA-SJU, the choices were "meat plate like with salami or salad with eggs and stuff." (That made me chuckle, but no hard feelings on the misnaming - the service was actually really good the whole flight! Including full PDB.)

The charcuterie was fresh and filling. I loved the broccoli salad and the cake. I was very happy with this.

corky, sspontak, skylady and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by lunchtime
I was referring to non BOS and JFK flights. Wondering if PHL longer flights ie PHL-LAS have sundaes back at dinner time? I am not sure they do. Ive seen some ice cream cups but thats pretty lame. AA has no updated information on meal service or expectations. I guess its changing so fast and is inconsistent.
SFO-PHL had sundaes last month on a 12:50pm departure..
lunchtime likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
SFO-PHL had sundaes last month on a 12:50pm departure..
CLT-SEA did yesterday, too. For dessert, we had a choice of sundae or fruit and cheese plate.
lunchtime likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Asian veg PHX-MSP 6/12/22

Was plenty of food for me, along with full PDB and warn nuts
hp12c and lunchtime like this.

Last edited by Bago'peanuts; Jun 15, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
We flew DFW-SEA on 6/14. Our dessert was prepackaged gelato instead of sundaes. I was a bit disappointed. The short rib entree with macaroni and cheese was good.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
IIRC, the non-premium F lunch/dinner dessert formula is:

900-1499 miles: Mini Bundt Cake
1500-2199 miles: Packaged ice cream-type product or plain ice cream in a glass (depending on catering stock availability)
2200+ miles: Sundaes

That might help to set expectations... Aside from catering substitutions of course.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Flying transcon once to twice a month, for frozen dessert, I've had packaged gelato, packaged ice cream (haagen dazs), and sundae's with syrup in glass. Desserts are just sporadic and almost an afterthought since we can pre-order meals again, but it could also be the airport cater too.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
DFW - DCA, 7am departure

PDB served during boarding.
Orders taken from rear of First Class Cabin to the front. Offered charcuterie plate or oatmeal, each with fruit. Chose the Charcuterie and was very happy with it. Fruit was especially good. Not sure what the dried fruit was with the meat but it was good.
sspontak likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
That looks like an apricot.
corky, slpybear, TWA884 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:33 pm

May SAN-DFW flight: gross turkey sandwich or equally embarrassing greek salad (with no protein), unedible potato salad, brownie (OK), PDB, nuts
May DFW-SAN flight: SAME, pdb, nuts
June 15 SAN-DFW flight: SAME, no PDB, no nuts

Also, could smell something heated up for the crew. Teaser....

On the June flight, I commented to the FA and she was so embarrassed to STILL be offering the same crap. My row-mate chose the turkey sandwich. She said, 'good choice'. I don't think he got the irony in her voice. Ha

At least the Capital One lounge in DFW has some edible foodstuffs.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sdfamily
May SAN-DFW flight: gross turkey sandwich or equally embarrassing greek salad (with no protein), unedible potato salad, brownie (OK), PDB, nuts
May DFW-SAN flight: SAME, pdb, nuts
June 15 SAN-DFW flight: SAME, no PDB, no nuts

Also, could smell something heated up for the crew. Teaser....

On the June flight, I commented to the FA and she was so embarrassed to STILL be offering the same crap. My row-mate chose the turkey sandwich. She said, 'good choice'. I don't think he got the irony in her voice. Ha

At least the Capital One lounge in DFW has some edible foodstuffs.
If you purchased F or your upgrade cleared more than 24 hrs in advance and you want a hot meal, you simply have to pre choose one of the Dietary Restriction meals (Asian veg, Hindu or Muslim).
They've eliminated protein from the Hindu and Muslim meals now so it's strictly vegetarian, but it's way better than that cold gross turkey sandwich and protein less Greek salad! That's what I do once I see any cold stuff on the menu and I have the option to choose a special meal.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
BOS-DFW 6:15am Departure

Options were cheese omelette or fruit and granola plate. There was no indication on the menu that the omelette came with a fresh fruit plate of its own but I'm glad that it did. Eggs were tasty, potatoes less so.
mika911 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by ceebee100
If you purchased F or your upgrade cleared more than 24 hrs in advance and you want a hot meal, you simply have to pre choose one of the Dietary Restriction meals (Asian veg, Hindu or Muslim).
They've eliminated protein from the Hindu and Muslim meals now so it's strictly vegetarian, but it's way better than that cold gross turkey sandwich and protein less Greek salad! That's what I do once I see any cold stuff on the menu and I have the option to choose a special meal.
does anyone have a sense of what the special meals (Hindu, diabetic, or otherwise) are for breakfast? My breakfast options for LAX-DFW in July are cold ham sandwich or cold fruit plate. Ugh.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
That looks like an apricot.
I miss apricot.
enviroian likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.