Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Dinner menus for the 10:00 pm departure from LAX to MIA. Not a lot of passengers were eating; most were sleeping. Everything but dessert was brought out at once, with dessert following separately (actually the way I wanted it given the flight duration and desire to sleep).

fender5787 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Chrisj238
1/3, SEA to ORD and 1/14 ORD to FLL

Same terrible sandwich choices on both flights. It’s making me irrationally angry that this is the only meal options I’ve had in the last year.

Pimonto cheese and tomato sandwich, hummus with carrots cucumber, salad, salted caramel bar OR
Pastrami turkey and cheese sandwich, salad, potato salad, churro bar.

Same. My wife and I are really sick and tired of these awful domestic meals. We started to eat prior to boarding or bring our own food on. I can't stand the thought of eating another one of these meals.
metallo likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by jcatman
The Flight Attendants must laugh and shake their heads when they bring out those sandwiches from the galley.
Yes, they know had bad these domestic meals are. When you converse with them about it, they will lament about wishing AA would bring back the hot meals and not believing the flyers are receiving a FC product.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Dinner menus for the 10:00 pm departure from LAX to MIA. Not a lot of passengers were eating; most were sleeping. Everything but dessert was brought out at once, with dessert following separately (actually the way I wanted it given the flight duration and desire to sleep).

Given that goat cheese can be divisive - I'm surprised that it's on the small plate AND the salad!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
ILM to DFW last night. 3.5 hours. Took off at 4:45pm. No meal. Plastic hotel cups.

It isn’t the best food but it gives me something to do for a bit. Thankfully I ate something before we left.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Given that goat cheese can be divisive - I'm surprised that it's on the small plate AND the salad!
I did not know what a Strata was. I adore Goat cheese and Sheep cheese even more. That menu reads well to me as I could eat any of the starters - however none of it is particularly First Class to my mind
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Not to flog a dead horse, but just boarded MIA-IND while the catering was still being loaded and watched as the caterer brought on 2 meals and placed them in the oven. The FA then went to the cockpit and told them that they have meals and asked when they would like to eat.
I still see no reason why pax cannot get hot meals as well. Utterly ridiculous!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-PS, SkyMiles, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Transcon Food Service - JFK-LAX 9:30PM departure

I am flying Flagship First JFK-LAX with a 9:30PM departure. The earlier departures list a full meal. This flight lists a snack. Some of the postings, regarding eastbound red eyes seem to suggest that there is more offered than a snack. Does anyone have knowledge about what is actually served?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:41 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Not to flog a dead horse, but just boarded MIA-IND while the catering was still being loaded and watched as the caterer brought on 2 meals and placed them in the oven. The FA then went to the cockpit and told them that they have meals and asked when they would like to eat.
On DFW-JFK yesterday I was in the row in front of some deadheading pilots. When the FA offered them the 2 cold options (The steak bowl or harvest salad thing) I could tell even they were surprised those were the only options.
I had the steak bowl and felt nauseous towards the end of the flight. Would've just preferred the sandwiches from a few months ago tbh. But yes, I don't get why they can't offer hot meals again.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chrisny2
indeed. As a vegetarian who's allergic to goat cheese, this would really suck.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceebee100
#primarilyhereforyoursafety
enviroian, ceebee100, keyw and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by S.R
When the FA offered them the 2 cold options (The steak bowl or harvest salad thing) I could tell even they were surprised those were the only options.
I'm surprised the flight attendant didn't offer them the two tasty, hot meals their counterparts in the cockpit will be getting.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
The steak bowl would actually be decent if it was heated up. That and the smoked salmon breakfast are the only two meals worth eating based on the current choices.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
The steak bowl would actually be decent if it was heated up.
Careful now...let's not give them any ideas...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Careful now...let's not give them any ideas...
Don't you worry... heating up meals on non-Flagship flights is too much work COVID risk for APFA to allow.

-FlyerBeek
96SS, jcatman, ceebee100 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.