Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Some snacks are available for sale...
Salted almonds (large bags, 6 oz.?) and canned Pringles.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by wrp96
I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't expect much. Even before COVID, I believe LIH was a double catered destination and the reports were not always good.
What does double catered mean?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
What does double catered mean?
Instead of getting catering at LIH they bring catering from origin, which means the items on the return flight from LIH are frequently shelf stable. I don't know if they still do this at LIH, but they did pre-COVID.
hawkfan7314 likes this.

Last edited by wrp96; Jun 1, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wrp96
Instead of getting catering at LIH they bring catering from origin, which means the items on the return flight from LIH are frequently shelf stable. I don't know if they still do this at LIH, but they did pre-COVID.
I really dislike double catering! The pax on the return flight are the ones getting the shaft, usually some cold crap!
roadtriper and keyw like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Florentine omelette....not too bad. Excellent FAs
txrus and ysolde like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by davesam12
What is this? Next to the salad, it looks like a can of dog food put onto the plate.
cmd320, nineworldseries and zeer0 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 96SS
What is this? Next to the salad, it looks like a can of dog food put onto the plate.
They probably call it a corn/farro-and-something "timbale."

Timbale is AA speak for "random crap we procured a lot of on the cheap, can pack into a dish, flip upside down onto a plate, and call it something French."
96SS, ceebee100, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: A few
You are right, tried to forget about that.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
Florentine omelette....not too bad. Excellent FAs
Beats the egg and bacon sandwich that I was served for breakfast on a two and a half hours long flight.

Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Beats the egg and bacon sandwich that I was served for breakfast on a two and a half hours long flight.

my flight was LAX,-DCA so longer...plus choice of biscuit or cinnamon roll.
ceebee100 and 355F1 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Anyone done an Asian Veg lately out of LAX on the premium Transcon routes? I had a decent Asian Veg out of JFK last month but I vaguely remember reading that they are typically better out of JFK. Just dont want to get stuck with a bowl of rice and fruit or something like that. If I could know its anything Indian and somewhat substantial I would pre order it. The standard chana salad that seems to come with it is nothing special but the Gulab Jamun was really good. There is no fish on the LAX-MIA menu so its beef which I dont eat, chicken which I dont think AA does well, the grain bowl (no thank you) or the ricotta spinach rotolo thats been on for a year now I feel. Typically I am in for any spinach ricotta rav but that tomato sauce is so bland. I guess I can bring some chili flake packets if I go that route and spice it up. Just wish there was some way to know what the Asian veg meal would be.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

I dunno. To me, that's 100% acceptable for a 2.5 hour flight. It also looks of decent quality and presentation.
enviroian, _kurt, ysolde and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I dunno. To me, that's 100% acceptable for a 2.5 hour flight. It also looks of decent quality and presentation.
I had three issues with it. I wasn't told about it having bacon; while I eat pork products, the rest of my family does not. It was dry, it could have used more dressing. It was served chilled; I do not care for bread that is served colder than room temperature.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I had three issues with it. I wasn't told about it having bacon; while I eat pork products, the rest of my family does not. It was dry, it could have used more dressing. It was served chilled; I do not care for bread that is served colder than room temperature.
Like you I dislike cold, dry bread which all these cold sandwiches seem to be. That bacon also doesn’t appear to be cooked to my liking (very crisp).
I said up thread that anytime I see these cold sandwich options, I would be opting for the Asian veg or Hindu meal, which are served hot.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro

I had that same meal last week, MCI-PHX, minus the egg (not sure why no egg). My sandwich had one slice of bacon (halved so it looked like more, haha), one sad little piece of spinach and some kind of cream cheese spread on it. I tasted it but left the rest on the plate. Luckily, the fruit that was served with it was fresh and yummy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.