Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
is that a piece of melted cheese holding those two plates together?
Piece of the potato no?
Old May 23, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Has anyone successfully received a pre-ordered special meal since they returned?
Yes, JFK-LAX. Think I mentioned it in detail above. Some chana masala and saffron rice & then the standard gulab dessert (which was really good). The entree was fine too tbh. Looked like nothing but was decent. Wish it had more spice. Wish there was more of it too. It was the Asian Veg.

Thing that was weird was FA didnt give me the regular app, salad or soup but I was able to request them all and get them as well as sundae & cheese plate. The FA's on FF on the A321T are the best Imo.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Yes, JFK-LAX. Think I mentioned it in detail above. Some chana masala and saffron rice & then the standard gulab dessert (which was really good). The entree was fine too tbh. Looked like nothing but was decent. Wish it had more spice. Wish there was more of it too. It was the Asian Veg.

Thing that was weird was FA didnt give me the regular app, salad or soup but I was able to request them all and get them as well as sundae & cheese plate. The FA's on FF on the A321T are the best Imo.
OK thanks. I get the sense that they've "brought back" special meals system wide, but forgot to account for them on non-Flagship flights. Regarding the FA not giving you the regular app, salard, soup, that kinda makes sense? Who knows if those meet your "dietary restriction?"
Old May 23, 2022, 6:26 pm

OK thanks. I get the sense that they've "brought back" special meals system wide, but forgot to account for them on non-Flagship flights. Regarding the FA not giving you the regular app, salard, soup, that kinda makes sense? Who knows if those meet your "dietary restriction?"
I think that has been consistent since long before covid; I don't think US carriers ever offered any of the regular meal when a special meal is ordered, which is reasonable because I don't expect them to know Hindu or Kosher dietary restrictions.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by donotblink
Is it just me, or does this look like the world's biggest deviled egg?
Old May 24, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Is it safe to assume DCA-ORD, a previous "exception" route, still has no meal service? The meal code in the flights doesn't list one, so I'm assuming not. However, I'm curious what recent experiences are.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Is it safe to assume DCA-ORD, a previous "exception" route, still has no meal service? The meal code in the flights doesn't list one, so I'm assuming not. However, I'm curious what recent experiences are.
I don't think any of the prior exception routes get meals. LGA-ORD and DFW-ORD used to get a full meal. Now it's beverage service.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
SFO-PHL AA 2661 Lunch

Interesting situation and props to the flight attendants and the gate agents for quick action. Catering loaded four(!) main lunch courses - not four options, but four trays. A321neo with 20 F seats, so 16 short (not including the flight deck). FA had station supervisor photograph the empty ovens. Somehow they scared up a bunch of sandwiches in just the few minutes before the door was closed, apparently not from AA catering but from a nearby terminal concession (I'm guessing that by the packaging). Choice of turkey, ham or egg. Quick audible, and it worked. The sandwich was really good. Not a hot meal, but fresh, tasty and filling.

PDB, warmed nuts, substitute sandwich, and custom sundae (one spoonful consumed before I remembered to take the photo - oops).

Old May 24, 2022, 9:32 am
Suspended

AA catering department is a complete mess these days. Nice you got the nuts and sundae, arguably the best parts of any AA meal.
ceebee100, wrp96 and cmd320 like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
AA catering department is a complete mess these days.
FTFY.

But it is nice to see that there are still AA employees that take pride in their job and serving their customers.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
AUS-ORD
May 26, 2022
Kosher "breakfast"

Wasn't excited about the choices (egg, bacon and cheese croissant and fruit plate) so I thought I'd try a special meal. Picked Kosher as I had hoped to replicate a great breakfast out of AUS I had to Tampa back in April. Smoked salmon, egg, nice bagel, etc. It was not to be.

Part I was this big box that completely filled the tray table.

Part II was this separate hot entree, simply placed on top of the box.

Contents of the box. No picture of the turkey main course. I didn't eat much of it, as it simply was not breakfast. I did sample the starter and the turkey main, which were both quite tasty. Overall I would have been satisfied with this as a dinner and may switch to it for my return on Sunday. A hot meal would be nice on a route that normally is just a sandwich or salad. My biggest complaint was how unwieldy all of this was on the domestic F tray table. I guess it must be standard practice to deliver a kosher meal like this to ensure no contamination in the galley.
96SS and keyw like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
JFK-LAX AA341

Chicken stuffed with cheese and spinach.

If you like dried up room temperature chicken titty, this is the meal for you:

choosethedrew and Spanish like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Schwann
JFK-LAX AA341

AA three-class F is a sad state of affairs...
Old May 27, 2022, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Schwann
JFK-LAX AA341

Was this pic taken before or after you ate it?
Old May 27, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
AA three-class F is a sad state of affairs...
It was J. Sorry for not clarifying.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Was this pic taken before or after you ate it?
Before. But just after I'd removed the 3 metres of clingfilm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.