Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 19, 2022, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by fender5787
+1 Same literal thing (turkey breakfast->quiche->turkey sandwich) for DFW-MEX next week. And I had pre-selected the quiche, which I was kinda looking forward to trying, and they auto-selected the turkey sandwich with this change too. What’s happening with ex-Dfw catering?
Ha, at least you were informed in advance!
Spanish and fender5787 like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: Flying Colonels, Go-Getters, WorldPass, Amerikat Expositors, Ephemeralizers
been checking for weeks looking for the final sign of a return to normalcy... the death of the turksmegwich

a week ago, turksmeg-> quiche

selected quiche

today the FA says "mr speedbird you selected the turksmeg"

me: no, i selected the quiche

fa: no you didn't, you selected the turksmeg

me: i'll take the salad

fortunately i had purchased protein before departure expecting shenanigans

doing what they do best!

and why do they call it a greek salad? there was no feta, and 4 olives

it's a fricking salad that used to be served alongside an actual entree

fares have doubled

AA can afford real cAAtering
ceebee100 and BlooJoo like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Good Question. I also wonder if right now any transcons out of DCA, PHL or CLT getting sundaes? I assume this is a dinner exclusive dessert
Have flown CLT LAX CLT several times and has always been a choice of packaged Haagen Dazs ice cream
Old May 20, 2022, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Have flown CLT LAX CLT several times and has always been a choice of packaged Haagen Dazs ice cream
Non-premium routes have sundaes on 2200mi+ flights. I’m not sure if it’s just the dinner window or lunch is included too and if that’s changed post-covid.

LAX-CLT is 2125mi

Spanish likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by 747kona
Non-premium routes have sundaes on 2200mi+ flights. I’m not sure if it’s just the dinner window or lunch is included too and if that’s changed post-covid.

LAX-CLT is 2125mi
Lunch also. On SFO-PHL yesterday with lunch service and sundae was served.
Spanish likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by 747kona

LAX-CLT is 2125mi
CLT - West coast should pull out all the stops, as should PHX - East coast flights.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Spanish
CLT - West coast should pull out all the stops, as should PHX - East coast flights.
Should and what AA actually does are two different things.
ceebee100 and Spanish like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Anyone know what they've been serving for any of the specialty meals recently?

Old May 21, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Anyone know what they've been serving for any of the specialty meals recently?

Only one I ever do is Asian Veg b/c it will have cheese which I want (not a full Vegan and have no actual dietary issues). Recently had some paneer masala with rice on 1 flight and also some chana bhuna on a diff flight . Typically its Indian which I love.

Huge GNR fan here also, favorite all time band. I assume thats your reference?
Old May 21, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
Currently on an A321T heading from JFK to SFO:

Thank you for saving me from choosing this meal on my upcoming transcon. Went for the stuffed chicken breast instead.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Only one I ever do is Asian Veg b/c it will have cheese which I want (not a full Vegan and have no actual dietary issues). Recently had some paneer masala with rice on 1 flight and also some chana bhuna on a diff flight . Typically its Indian which I love.

Huge GNR fan here also, favorite all time band. I assume thats your reference?
Thanks for the information on that one! And, yes, my favorite band as well!
Old May 21, 2022, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Thanks for the information on that one! And, yes, my favorite band as well!
Nice!! I live about 12 miles from Axl. But in the normal community of regular houses. But I can see his mansion when I go surfing every day
Old May 22, 2022, 6:32 am

Am I correct that everything on the hot plate comes on it from catering? They don't piece any of the hot items together? IE You can't request something included on the main hot plate being left off?
Old May 22, 2022, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mika911
Am I correct that everything on the hot plate comes on it from catering? They don't piece any of the hot items together? IE You can't request something included on the main hot plate being left off?
I always have the chicken sausage thing held off of my breakfast with out any issue but its my understanding that yes it comes together but i ask them to remove before heating it so the smell doesnt take over the plate. I think the answer to your question depends on what item you want removed. Like if it was roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes maybe the FA wont want to sit there and pick off 7 or 8 pieces of potatoes or scoop of mashed potatoes. But I would think anything can be held off, within reason, if the FA is willing.
mika911 likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by mika911
One time there was a curry in the chicken dish. I asked the FA if the chicken came in the curry already, or did the FA add it after the fact and they said they add it manually, so I asked them to not put it on mine and the request was honored with a smile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.