Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AA306 - JFK-LAX in J

Just got off AA306 - Great and attentive FA's. Was surprised that he called me by name nearly throughout the flight.
Main course was what seems to be the I noticed the same for the last couple of months.
- Beef short ribs (this was good)
- Asian Style Chicken (this was ok'sh)
- Salmon
- Pasta (Veg option)

The dessert on the menu was not as what was catered, there seemed to be more choices than what was on the menu - cheesecake was not on the menu.

Pre-meal drinks and nuts - The Veltier was good. Had the Malbec later, which was also good

Cheesecake - the bottom crust was not that good.

Starter - Burrata and baby spinach salad

Beef
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Agree. I usually look up all of the bottles on the menu ...........- highest spend is maybe $20, but then you have the $4.99 to average it out.........................but when youre attempting to put forth a high-quality product, spend a little.
Yeah, they really need to do better. Their onboard product is something that could easily set them apart from the competition. Then again, so was the 40" seat pitch in F when I moved to the US and A and had to select an airline...
SkyTeam777 and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Originally Posted by ceebee100
IND-MIA this morning. Breakfast was the ham and cheese or fruit plate. I had preordered the ham and cheese foolishly hoping it would be something hot/ warm. Au contraire! The sandwich was almost frozen, it was so hard and cold! The bottom was also soggy.
Most everyone who ordered it left it uneaten!
Needless to say I could smell the hot breakfast cooking for the crew (including FAs) while the pax had to endure another uninspiring FC meal.

I just dont think its right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But thats just my opinion.

Ham and cheese

Ham and cheese

CLT - CUN yesterday (04/23/22) had those same options. Like you, I had pre-ordered the ham & cheese for my husband & me assuming (uh-oh !) it would be warm.

Our sandwiches had long, oval-ish rolls (that tasted pretty good actually) instead. Gotta love the wilty "arugala" & classy American cheese & the weird, thick "pesto mayo" & the lunch meat folded/clumped up on one part of the roll w/ the other end just the cheese & lettuce. Bleh, we took a few bites & said, no thanks.

My husband's fruit was starting to get brown & soft in spots, but mine was ok.

Instead of the mini granola bar, we got the teeny fig "bar" (you know......the ones not much bigger than an actual fig newton !!).

Luckily we're on a nice palm-tree-filled beach today & that has helped us get over that terrible meal !!

On a positive note, our flight attendants up front on both flights (ROC-CLT & CLT-CUN) were wonderful (really friendly & attentive) !!
ceebee100 and robertablake like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
IND-MIA this morning. Breakfast was the ham and cheese or fruit plate. I had preordered the ham and cheese foolishly hoping it would be something hot/ warm. Au contraire! The sandwich was almost frozen, it was so hard and cold! The bottom was also soggy.
Needless to say I could smell the hot breakfast cooking for the crew (including FAs) while the pax had to endure another uninspiring FC meal.

I just don’t think it’s right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But that’s just my opinion.

Ham and cheese

Ham and cheese

Hey, at least you got "ham & cheese". I only got a single piece of cheese with a cold hard rock croissant!!
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by pigx5; Apr 24, 2022 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

I just dont think its right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But thats just my opinion.
No one is forcing you to eat the sandwich, so no one should be choking. Passengers do not pay the employee's salaries - the company does.
F9LASDEN likes this.

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 25, 2022 at 12:54 am Reason: Removed unnecessary snark
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Aa 104 hnl-dfw 4/4

Sorry only a photo of the menu and the most important part the sundae. Food was good and service was excellent. Shrimp and grits were spicy I was so so happy.

Last edited by rkaradi; Apr 24, 2022 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I find the new hot towels to be a step up since they are actually wet compared to the small ones that often were dry in the center. But, they give a poor impression for how they look and also that they can be soaked. These are the towels many premium airlines use in Economy, and I think that DL uses them in the back.

On another note, I think the lack of tray meals on Eagle flights is embarrassing. Just flew GSO-DFW, and it was a boxed meal very similar to what AA trialed earlier in the pandemic and got stiff backlash for how cheap it looked. It was like a boxed lunch at school or a conference. Protein PM or Veg PM box, both were hard to eat on flimsy tables with lots of little plastic boxes. If this is a pandemic-related, supply chain issue, then I understand, but this cannot be the new standard going forward?! It's like saying people flying from smaller/medium airports cannot appreciate full dining service (even if cold!).

I understand that logistically airports without catering need a shelf-stable meal, but serve people in a civilized way on a tray. Not in a box. These are people that pay a lot to fly in this cabin. And if it's geared toward lowest-common-denominator upgrade pax, then that's just cannibalizing the product's value and perception even further. So grateful food is back, but it needs work!
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I find the new hot towels to be a step up since they are actually wet compared to the small ones that often were dry in the center.
Pretty sure that the degree of wetness of each towel is directly related the amount of water that an FA applies to each.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I accepted a long time ago that food was not going to be part of my airline experience, even up front. Although fortunately I can go a long time without getting hungry. On a red-eye I'd rather sleep through breakfast anyway, but all my red-eyes are short (4-5 hours, LAS-PHL or LAX-MIA).
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I understand that logistically airports without catering need a shelf-stable meal, but serve people in a civilized way on a tray. Not in a box. These are people that pay a lot to fly in this cabin. And if it's geared toward lowest-common-denominator upgrade pax, then that's just cannibalizing the product's value and perception even further. So grateful food is back, but it needs work!
Throwing shade at the upgrade passengers!

Jokes aside, I agree that a shelf-stable cold meal (such as the chicken salad offered on the sub-1,500 routes or the mezze plate) is what should be done.

If Im remembering correctly, Eagle flights used to have this type of catering (e.g., BDL-ORD on the CR700, which was an exception route).
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by SFO777
Pretty sure that the degree of wetness of each towel is directly related the amount of water that an FA applies to each.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by jmrp
CLT - CUN yesterday (04/23/22) had those same options. Like you, I had pre-ordered the ham & cheese for my husband & me assuming (uh-oh !) it would be warm.

Our sandwiches had long, oval-ish rolls (that tasted pretty good actually) instead. Gotta love the wilty "arugala" & classy American cheese & the weird, thick "pesto mayo" & the lunch meat folded/clumped up on one part of the roll w/ the other end just the cheese & lettuce. Bleh, we took a few bites & said, no thanks.

My husband's fruit was starting to get brown & soft in spots, but mine was ok.

Instead of the mini granola bar, we got the teeny fig "bar" (you know......the ones not much bigger than an actual fig newton !!).

Luckily we're on a nice palm-tree-filled beach today & that has helped us get over that terrible meal !!

On a positive note, our flight attendants up front on both flights (ROC-CLT & CLT-CUN) were wonderful (really friendly & attentive) !!
We were on a CLT-CUN flight yesterday as well (11:33am flight). We had pre-ordered the salad and glad we did. We had too many of those sandwiches on past flights, an easy pass for us.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Jokes aside, I agree that a shelf-stable cold meal (such as the chicken salad offered on the sub-1,500 routes or the mezze plate) is what should be done.
Unfortunately, that's a lot easier said than done... That chicken salad isn't shelf-stable, and neither are any of the other cold meals I've seen listed in the online ordering system this month. It's really hard to make anything resembling a first class meal out of shelf-stable (non-refrigerated) components, and local catering isn't always feasible at all stations for overnight aircraft. Sometimes, something has to give.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Sorry only a photo of the menu and the most important part the sundae. Food was good and service was excellent. Shrimp and grits were spicy I was so so happy.

Crab Salad, Beef Filet! That's a completely different menu from what we've been experiencing lately on OGG-DFW-OGG which has been pickled cauliflower app and Hoisin Short Ribs entre for the last month or so. Used to love the Sea Bass but now it's a thinner piece, so it's dry as chalk. Enjoying that they brought back the sundae but now made in the galley, not seat side.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Received free double cocktail on a Mesa flight today in the exit row. ℹ️
EXPLAT, enviroian, aj411 and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.